Replies

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So today has been very busy.
    Breakfast was toast with light butter
    Snack was a pudding snack
    Lunch was an apple and Lean Cuisine Alfredo chicken with brocolli
    Dinner was O'Charley's and my goodness it was the first time I didn't finish everything put in front of me.:noway: I had 1 roll and a little bit of potato soup (probably a 1/4 of a cup) and some pretzel coated chicken (2 pcs.) with honey mustard with some brocolli cassrole (which I ate all of). :laugh:

Now I'm going out to see Rehab in concert with my hubby and his hubby LOLOL.:smile::smile: :smile:

I'll probably drink a little, not much.:drinker: :drinker: :smokin:

I'll see ya in the morning Momma!!! Thank you for watching my girls!!!! Love ya.

Everyone have a wonderful night. Talk to ya tomorrow.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    kistin...i am printing the list. i can only remember one newbie :wink: wonder who?
    dinner tonight was ihop, ate off the "new me" menu. had balsalmic vinager chicken, w/steamed broccoli, side salad. good, but, really wanted something GOOD if you know what i mean. we ate super early, will have snack later. babysitting granddaughters tonight, need to be up bright and early to get them ready for momma to come and get them to get them to school on time.
    well, better go check on them.
    have a great night everyone.....
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good (evening) ladies!

I'm doing my check-in for tomorrow now. I'm thinking this will be a pattern. I hate taking any time away from my son and daughter to be at the computer!!

So meals tomorrow are:

1: egg white omelet w/ red cabbage, skim milk cheese and low-sodium salsa
    2: cinnamon raisin ezekiel toast w/ fruit juice-sweetened raspberry jam
    3: protein shake w/ skim milk (vanilla ice cream flavour)
    4: 1 med banana sliced up w/ 1/2 cup blueberries
    5: sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus, alfalfa sprouts & tomato
    6: homemade turkey soup, baked apple w/ cinnamon & agave nectar for dessert
    7: Ezekiel sodium-free toast w/ cashew butter (evening snack)

No planned work outs tomorrow, just what I usually do! (Running around with a toddler and preschooler!). I may do Shred or Turbo Jam in the afternoon - depends on how the soup is coming along! I didn't get it made today after all. The broth took most of the soup time today. I had 3 little vegetable pakoras and a huge green salad w/ watered-down hummus as dressing.
    My step class was so phenomenal tonight. MAN I love that class!!! I wish it was offered more than once a week. Too much fun! It makes my other classes just seem so bland. Of course, my dance class is still the best thing but at the gym nothing beats Wednesdays!

Well, back I go to bed with my little ones (we co-sleep). Good night everyone!

***Let's all start thinking about what we can do to be successful over the weekend! My suggestion will be to find one good recipe for a healthy "treat" or fancy mixed drink (without the calorie-laden alcohol!) that will allow you to feel like you're indulging more than the numbers say. Check out the clean eating magazine website or google Tosca Reno recipes for some good ones!!***

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    PedalHound.... I need to take some cooking lessons from you. All this great soup and fun cookies and I can't share one is killing me. :noway:

I knew I forgot something today.... I didn't tell you my fitness plan.... I did a 6.5 miles walk (1:43) and Hula buns and abs dvd (36 mins)

Tomorrows.....

BF: english muffin or toast w/ one egg and ff cheese
    S: granola bar, fruit
    L: spinach,shrimp, noodles (one cup)
    D: Salad, chicken strips and mixed veggies, dessert (vanilla yogurt)

It is possible I will add a serving of nuts (almonds or cashews) and maybe a salad or more fruit.... I am trying to get used to the planning idea..... One day at a time.

I also want to drink half my weight in H20. thats 116 oz.

Have a marvelous day ladies and good luck!!!

:happy:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    And I forgot again.... fitness....

1. crunch bootcamp DVD (40 mins)
    2. 10min soln Dance video (52 mins)
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm Lynn and would love to join if it's not too late?.....I am really struggling with my weight right now, and could really use the support!

Ok, about me - I have been overweight all my life, hitting my heaviest about 10 years ago at 242. I lost 100 pounds in a little over 10 months back then, but slowly over the years I gained some of it back. I found myself at 192 and climbing in January of this year. I finally made the decision to do something about it in April and joined fitness pal in June.

I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 10 years (October 24), he is my main support in this quest for fitness. I have lost 37 pounds and he has lost 47 pounds in the last six months, so my main motivation has been the constant competition between us :happy: My husband has always been pretty active and has introduced me to hiking, mountain biking and running in the last 6 months and I love it!

We usually stay very active and hit 3-4 spin classes a week, weight train 3 times a week and run in the late evenings 3-4 times a week, and hike or bike every weekend.

Here are my stats:

Current Weight -155 pounds
    Thanksgiving Goal - 149
    Ultimate Goal - 125

So that is 6 pounds in six weeks...very do-able:happy:

My measurements:
    Height - 5'5"
    Upper arm - 12
    Bust - 39
    Waist - 34
    Hips - 35.5
    Thigh - 19
    Total - 139.5

Exercise today:
    Spin Class (1 hour)
    Circuit Training (45 minutes)
    According to my HRM, burned 1700 calories, but since it probably overstated I will count 1000.

Food for today:
    B - Activia yogurt and banana
    S - Brown Rice
    L - South Beach Bar
    D - Curry Chicken and Brown Rice
    After gym - Protein Shake

(I know I need to eat more....I am working on it)
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    oops!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    lynzz... why would you think that your heartrate monitor overstated. You actually did a lot today. I have never been to a spinning class but I would think that you would burn alot of calories.

Connie
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning all....
    everyone is doing just great on getting their new routines set up.:flowerforyou: remember it will take some adjustments in the first month. do what feels the best for you. you are the only one who knows your body. what works for someone else doesn't always work for you. that's what makes us so very special.......:happy:

today's menu:
    breakfast: 100 cal english muffin, 1 egg, 1 ff cheese
    lunch: homemade chicken salad wrap, chips, grapes
    dinner: ???
    snacks: banana, 100 cal snacks (depends on mood)
    exercise: today is run/walk on treadmill 60+ mins.
    8+ glasses of water

nothing on my to do list today. i have been working on some heavy duty cleaning. and starting to prepare the house for winter. even though it's been in the 80/90's this week.

well need to get breakfast and treadmill done. nellienell just came and got the girls. so might as well get the morning routine done and out of the way. nap later today for sure......:yawn:

check back later girlies.....
    chipper
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Morning Everyone!!

Thought I would check in before I head to campus today for 12 hours. Thursdays are such long days!!

Meal plan:
    B: Whole wheat toast with sugar free honey, Coffee with Gingerbread CofeeMate
    S: honeycrisp apple
    L: Fiber One bar
    D: homemade beef stirfy with stir fry vegetable medley, Hoisin sauce, and brown rice
    And 8 glasses of water!

Fitness:
    1 hour Total Body class at the Rec. (great combo of 30 minutes of cardio and 30 of abs and sculpting/toning.

Hope you all have a great day!!
    Amy
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Eek, I was bad this morning. I weighed in again and was up .4 pounds, which was very upsetting since I have been within my cals., drank my water, did my workouts, no tom.

Kristen, Thanks so much for the list of everyone!!
    Pedal, The challange for the weekend is a good idea, since the holidays are coming and we usually want to indulge. I like the Cooking Light magazines, I will look in there for something.

Today:
    1: Raisin bran, banana, 1 tbs. natural peanunt butter, coffee
    2: Apple
    3:Sweet potato
    4:popcorn
    5:1/3 California kitchen margherita-290 cal
    6:skim milk & atkins bar

I just got my workout in. Did shred and may go for a walk later, time permitting.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be checking out the food plans for some new ideas.:flowerforyou:
  • Jeanete64
    Options
    Good Morning,

Just checking in to wish each of you a healthy and fun filled day. Meal plan for today:

B - Oats & Caramel Fiber One Bar, Coffee (w/splenda)
    S - Banana
    L - Smart One Meal
    D - Not sure yet. Choir Rehearsal tonight so probably on the run.

At least 8 glasses of water! (I think I can I think I can) :drinker:

Fitness:

Tae Bo (will let you know how that goes)... goal is 45 min.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,
    Here is my food for today.
    Breakfast- Egg beaters 2srv. Weight Watchers Shredded cheese and low fat, low carb soft taco tortilla
    calories---181

Lunch- 2 pcs of turkey and 2 pcs of ham, 1 swiss cheese and 2 whole wheat bread slices and a nectarine calories---269

Dinner--- Beef shoulder roast cooked with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot and a salad with light ranch dressing.

Dont know about snacks yet but I know I need to find more calories to eat today. Today is usually my big calorie burn day. I take the kids to the park after school so they can play with some of the kids and then I meet my hubby and he takes the kids and I go to the gym for about an hour and then I do my Zumba class. Last week I burned over 1500 calories on this day so I need to find some high calorie food. I may have to eat some nuts and peanut butter.

Connie
  • amylou24
    Options
    Hi again,

This may be a silly question but I'm still fairly new here. I keep hearing everyone talk about the shred work out, but I have no idea what that is! What is it like??

Thanks!
    Amy
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Amy,

Jillian Micheals from The Biggest Loser makes a work out video called 30 Day Shred. It has 3 levels and lasts about 30 minutes each workout. Once people work there way up then alot of people actually do more than 1 level at a time!

And it is inexpensive. I got it for 9.99 at Fred Meyer but have heard it is at Target and Walmart too.

Amy:happy:
  • amylou24
    Options
    Amy,

Jillian Micheals from The Biggest Loser makes a work out video called 30 Day Shred. It has 3 levels and lasts about 30 minutes each workout. Once people work there way up then alot of people actually do more than 1 level at a time!

And it is inexpensive. I got it for 9.99 at Fred Meyer but have heard it is at Target and Walmart too.

Awesome!! Thanks I will have to take a look for that!!

Amy
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Happy Thursday Everyone!

My day is looking good. I had to get on the scale just because I have been steadily gaining these last few weeks and I need to see it go down. Sure enough it is down. Yahoo! That is so motivating.

Today- Food

Breakfast - Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal w.Fat Free Milk
    Snack- 1/2 apple and Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax Bar pack

Beyond this I am not sure what I am doing. Once I get the little one from Pre-Kl then I am going to go to the farm and pick apples. We have an Annual Cider Press Party that we attend at our beach community on the coast each Fall. We will hit the pumpkin patch also.

I am going to have to hit the gym late tonight. Will do 45 min on the elliptical.

Have a good day everyone!

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Today is going okay.
    BR- oatmeal with a little honey
    snack- apple with pb
    T.O.M. chocolate craving- m&m's

I plan to run for 1 hour tonight.

What is everyone's veiw on junk calories vs. healthy (besides the obvious better for you). Do you think it will make you lose slower, even if you stick within your cals?

My goal after my vacation is too decrease junk cals and increase healthy cals. It doesn't help that it is T.O.M.

Have a healthy day!
    MK
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Today is going okay.
    BR- oatmeal with a little honey
    snack- apple with pb
    T.O.M. chocolate craving- m&m's

I plan to run for 1 hour tonight.

What is everyone's veiw on junk calories vs. healthy (besides the obvious better for you). Do you think it will make you lose slower, even if you stick within your cals?

My goal after my vacation is too decrease junk cals and increase healthy cals. It doesn't help that it is T.O.M.

Have a healthy day!
    MK

I have a lot of opinions about junk vs healthy cals. You'll meet some people on here who are proponents of eating whatever they want (which usually translates as junk) as long as they stay within calories because they still see a loss. The thing you have to consider is your system on a cellular level. Imagine you eat every 2 to 3 hours and consume whole foods balanced at each meal (getting complex carbs and protein each meal and lots of fruits and veggies and healthy fats). Imagine your cells receiving this steady stream of nourishment, working like a well-tuned machine, completing metabolic processes efficiently and disposing of toxins efficiently. Now imagine your cells receiving a steady stream of saturated fats, refined sugars, excessive sodium. Your body, on a cellular level, is forced to constantly send out a panic alarm causing your pancreas to work over-time, your metabolism to be confused and scattered, your exchange of toxins off with excess fluids... Of course we know that junk food isn't healthy but when you're trying to lose excess weight and improve your body composition (lean mass to fat ratio) you will see better results when your body is relaxed and happy and confident on a cellular level. When there is a lot of weight to lose, just working on the calories in vs calories out principle will work but you'll set yourself up for more plateaus, a less favourable body composition and over-all, damage to your cells and organs. It's the difference between the employee who works at the company that pays a good wage, offers great benefits and health care, has a gym on-site, gives good vacation time and is very family-friendly versus the employee who is over-worked, under-paid and under-appreciated. Who will do more for the company in the long run? Our bodies are no different :wink:

**rant over. hazards of asking these questions around a health nut personal trainer :tongue: **
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    kistinbee- could you add me to the list please. :smile: My real name is Emily

Ok, so today is bosses day and we took our supervisor to Olive Garden and I was kind of bad but I think I can even it out pretty well later this evening.

B: 1 Huge glass of water, 1 Zone bar-cinnamon roll
    L: 1 sweet tea, 1 bowl Zuppa Tuscana soup, 1/2 bowl salad, 2 bread sticks, 2 tbs alfredo sauce. :huh:
    D: 1 boars head chicken sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread, 2tbs EVOO Mayo, 2 tsp mustard, 100 cal goldfish.
    S: 100 cal crasins, 14 wasabi/soy almonds

Kinda high on the sodium from lunch at the OG, but over all still under calorie count for the day. Yeay me! :drinker: