Amy (amylou)
    Tammara (drtamm)
    Shanell (nellie)
    Lauryn
    Hadiza (hgam1)
    Shelly (mamakitty)
    Jeanete
    Connie
    Kkeegan (I don't know your real name...sorry)

Need to add Lynn!!! WELCOME LYNN!!!!

AND Emily (eharris)!!!!! WELCOME EMILY!!!!!
    No time right now to post much, but I'll check back later this afternoon/evening! Have a FABULOUS day!
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Lunch: ham sandwich on wheat with light mayo and mustard, tangerine, and honey mustard pretzels. Still craved sweets, so I had 1 tbsp of PB.

I am afraid of sabotaging my progress. In the past when I have lost a little I get lax and gain it all back. I am afraid that is going to happen again. I am trying very hard to stay within my calories. I am going to Mexico next week, so I am going to give myself a break. I plan to walk the beach a lot and they have a gym I may go to once or twice. I am getting burnt out on working out. I have been working out a lot lately, which is good, but I think my body needs a break. When I come back I plan to get right back on the wagon with more determination, setting goals and meeting them.

PS. I had TOM sweet cravings, they can be overwhelming.

Check in later.
    MK
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yay for happy days! My weight is starting to go down, down, down and my happiness is going up, up, up! PLUS, I'm sticking to my calories even during my TOM! :noway: That is a huge accomplishment for me!

Breakfast: Sara Lee 45 cal bread (1 slice), 2tbsp fat free garden veggie cream cheese, my coffee
    Lunch: Lean Cuisine roasted veggie pizza

Workout: Pilates/body sculpt at the gym. 45 min, 230 cals

Afternoon snack: banana
    Dinner: unsure, but I'll have approximately 750 cals for it, 550 cals if I leave those 200 for my late night sweet snack (a frosted strawberry poptart!!!)

I'm about 6 of my 8 glasses of water in, and I'll drink at least 10-12 glasses total today.

HAPPY DAYS!!! :bigsmile:

Hope all your days are going so sweet, Sexy in Six'ers!! :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Lauryn! I love great days.

Welcome emily & lynn!

MK, as long as you don't go crazy with it, taking a "week off" while you're on vacation can be a really really good thing for your body. If you've been working out hard your body will take the time to heal (aka re-build!) your muscles and your metabolism will get a little wake-up from a change in diet.

Alright, back to my great day! I passed my half way point today so I'm walking on clouds!!!
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    lynzz... why would you think that your heartrate monitor overstated. You actually did a lot today. I have never been to a spinning class but I would think that you would burn alot of calories.

Connie

I was talking to a trainer at the gym and he told me that HRM's are 30-40% inaccurate. Have you heard that?
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options

Need to add Lynn!!! WELCOME LYNN!!!!

AND Emily (eharris)!!!!! WELCOME EMILY!!!!!
    No time right now to post much, but I'll check back later this afternoon/evening! Have a FABULOUS day!

Thank you!! I know we can all do this. I am so excited!!
  • monica5237
    Options
    Hey guys I just got an offer that sounds great to me

I have finacial issues and can't afford to go to a gym for my workouts so I do what I can at home walking pilates ect... well I was talking to a guy that works at the store I frequent alot and he offered me one month free at 24 hour fitness where he teaches boxing and then he said he would get me 3 years for like 200 and then after that 40 a year oh Ihope he comes through with this I would love it. I used to go to the gym all the time and I looked forward to it and i know i will again

I am doing the happy dance now oh ya
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Exercise today:
    Spin Class (1 hour)
    Circuit Training (45 minutes)
    According to my HRM, burned 1700 calories, but since it probably overstated I will count 1000.

45min + 60 min = 105 min
    1700 calories / 105 min = 16.19 calories burned per minute

I think you're right Lynn, that seems a bit high, especially given your smaller size.

Have you checked your battery?
    Have you looked at the heart rate that is reading out on your HRM? Maybe it's not getting a good read?
    Does the hubby or a friend have an HRM that you can wear and compare?
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    ok... all I can say is HOLY POOP!!!!

There are SOOOO many new people. I am sick one day and look what happens!! YIKES. I'm going to need more time to read all these.

I hope everyone is doing great!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey girlies! Quick check in. Last night didn't go as planned for me. No gym...but I did go for a run and burned a little over 250 calories. And lunch at the supervisors was Chinese and I don't have the exact calories for that, but made good choices I think and if I went over calories for the day, it wasn't by much. Today, I won't get a workout in...SO much to do before I leave tomorrow morning early for my sisters. But I will try and get some running in while visiting her.

Oh...I have news! I just signed up and am running my VERY FIRST 5K!!!!! I'm doing Race for the Cure (Breast Cancer) on the 25th! I am SO SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!! My girlfriend and I are doing it together. I by no means run fast, but am pretty confident that I can run it all!!! WHOOOHOOO!!! So...this next week is going to be lots of running practice. I'll let you know how it goes!!!!

Anyways...gotta run...so much to do. AND not sure when I will be on again...may not be until Tuesday morning with a brand new thread (new week, new weigh-in). But I will try and get on while there if I have the chance.

Good luck all my girlies, and if we get some new joinees, please make sure they are welcomed! Love you all!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Connie, I love pot roast carrots! I could skip the taters and the roast, just give me all the carrots! mmmmmm

B: vanilla protein shake made with almond milk
    S: Banana and South Beach Maple Nut cereal bar
    L: Spinach salad with red onions, strawberries, and walnuts. Used the pouch of dressing that came with it... Full Fat :cry:
    S. Albacore tuna on marble rye bread
    D: Tortellini with homemade spaghetti sauce, who knows what veggie. Everyone else is getting yummy cheesy garlic bread.

Still have about 660 calories for dinner, but am already 10g over on my fat for the day. Thought I was doing good until I actually put everything in. Now I'm telling myself that those walnuts are good fat, lol!

Did weights this morning, and went to a new class, Slo-Robics. Didn't feel very slow to me. Ugh! I had to keep telling myself the burning in my legs and a** was an indication of those calories burning.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    This really IS busy - 5 pages in 2 days?!?! lol

Kristin, have FUN!!

Cass, missed you and hope you're feeling better!

I hear my sauteeing on the stove needs my attention. Oh this soup is going to be SOOOO good....
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    bye bye kistin have a great time and a safe trip....will miss ya...:cry: you better eat right before that run. i am sure you will.....
    cass....hope you are feeling better....glad to see you....
    pedal....what time is dinner tomorrow????:drinker:
    shanell....what are you having????
    gosh there are so many people i am trying to remember what everyone was/is doing.
    lauryn....burn them babies, burn...:bigsmile:
    monica....be careful....maybe he was trying to pick you up???:tongue: or wants you to pay him as a personal trainer...???
    shelly....just keep telling yourself that it's a life change & you need to eat the best you can...
    emily...welcome...
    pdx (amy)...good for you scale going dowwwnnnn....
    emilylou....welcome...bring the questions..we will answer them
    connie....hubbys are the greatest when they help us have our me time....we need it.
    jeanete...evening...
    deb....the scale can be such a let down sometimes..keep in mind your body is changeing all the time...keep going you are doing great...you sound tired? get some rest...
    lyn...doing a great job so far. HR sure are an individual thing. i love mine it acts up when the battery is dying.
    tammara....hope your day was a marvelous day
    katy...yea:flowerforyou: :drinker: no more PT.....
    tammi...welcome....
    bunny...you can have my carrots, i'll take the potatoes, there mine shanell.....
    hadiza...welcome...
    kkeegan...welcom..
    ok, boy was that a chore on the memory....:laugh: hope everyone has/had a great day. time to finish cooking dinner.....beef steaks, sweet potato fries....
    check back later....
    chipper
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I would love to join this challenge. I like the fact that we have to log everything.
    So My starting weight is 298( that's so hard for me to say and look at) My overall goal is 100 pounds
    I'm aiming for 20% which is 20 pounds.
    I will measure myself tonight and post in the morning
    Today, I completed a boot camp class for 45 min( so hard)
    I'm running late for water aerobics as we speak BUT I will make it plus swim additional laps

Today I've eaten
    Spinach Chicken wrap
    Oatmeal
    Lean Cusine(shrimp Scampi)
    sardines(gross, i won't ever eat those again):tongue:
    1/2 of turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread
    1 liter of water
    and after class I plan to drink a slim fast shake.

HAPPY LOSING TO EVERYONE
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    I would love to join this challenge.

HAPPY LOSING TO EVERYONE

Welcome!! You can do it :flowerforyou: Just take it 1 day at a time and it will happen. Today I passed my half way point (when I'm done I will have lost 80 lbs total or so) and although day-to-day seemed to drag at times, over all it has been "easy" :wink:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I need to think of a good reward for passing the half way point. Hmmm.....
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am finally home. I burned 1530 calories tonight. An hour at the gym and an hour at Zumba. I am tired right now but I am sure I will feel good in the morning. I am just now eating my pot roast that I made for dinner and it tastes so good. My problem is that I burned more calories than I am allowed to eat in one day LOL. I may have to go over my calories tomorrow to make up for not meeting them tonight.

Connie
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    My actuals for today
    BF: egg, turkey bacon, toast w/ jam (tsp)
    S: grapes
    L: spinach,shrimp,and 1cup wheat pasta, in chicken broth
    S: apple
    D: Chicken strips and baked beans and oven baked french fries

I did 40 min Crunch Video and 52 min, Dance DVD.

I am glad to see there are so many people involved.... we all have different stories but the same goal.

Take care :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    ok... all I can say is HOLY POOP!!!!

There are SOOOO many new people. I am sick one day and look what happens!! YIKES. I'm going to need more time to read all these.

I hope everyone is doing great!
    Oh no! Feel better!!:flowerforyou:

And I have eaten all but 1 calorie for today. YAY!! Day 3 of sticking with it, to a T!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Connie, my husband who is a mountain biker got into this same conversation with me the other day. When you exercise and burn an "excessive" number of calories (we burn about 1000 cals per hour mountain biking!!) you actually don't need to eat them all. There's a balance point where eating all of them still just gives your body too much to process and it behaves as if you're over-eating. That being said, professional athletes who need to consume up to a good 7000 calories a day are in a different boat but I don't suppose any of us are currently in that position :glasses: So my advice would be to go about tomorrow and its calories as usual and not compensate for today unless your body is sending you genuine hunger signals beyond what your day "allows". And remember that after a vigorous day of exercise people tend to be thirstier, and the actual first signs of being thirsty are the same signal as hunger. Always grab a drink then wait 15 mins or so first! :happy:
    Man... I've really got my personal trainer hat on tight today!... I don't think I've been rant-y like this in a while lol