Pregnancy- July 2011

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ronya -- I haven't had much heartburn with this pregnancy. I had a really tough time with some heartburn & indigestion right around 22-24 weeks I believe. It was absolutely terrible and debilitating and nothing I tried helped. But then it stopped and I haven't felt it again.

On that note, apparently a study has shown that the wives' tale that heartburn = full head of hair isn't entirely a myth. It's estrogen that stimulates the hair growth on the baby and it's a high level of estrogen that causes a lot of women heartburn. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/health/20really.Of course plenty of people still have heartburn and have a bald baby or have no heartburn and have a baby with a ton of hair. So now I'm expecting a crazy bald baby. :laugh: Hubby and I were both born with full heads of hair though. I'd love to find out... you know, sometime SOON.

Regina -- Yikes, that sounds more like acid reflux (which yes, can cause heartburn but acid reflux more severe than just heartburn. Heartburn is just the burny part of what you experienced).

Maureen -- Ugh, yeah, my nausea has been back this week, too. I'm hoping it's related to a hormone change that will get these little stinkers out of us. My hormones are all kinds of IN-FREAKING-SANE the last week or so.

I've lost hope for a baby this weekend. Stupid OB getting my hopes up. :laugh: Contractions started off 10 minutes apart this morning and have moved on to 8. They're still not very painful and I know it's just a tease considering this is the 3rd day in a row the same thing has happened. :grumble:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ronya, Noah' Ark will be so cute. I always wanted to do a playroom decorated like that. Heartburn, yes, I get it off and on. It's a nasty thing, but I don't really know what helps to alleviate it.

Julie: I have been nauseous and throwing up all over again too. My mw said it's normal at the end of pregnancy for the symptoms of the first tri to come back. Today I am feeling especially queasy, I have already thrown up twice. Yay. I hope for your sake the baby comes this weekend. I first thought it seemed horrible that I haven't had much happening in the way of contractions, but I think it would be also pretty obnoxious to have them for days on end without it actually turning into something soon. I feel for you, I do!!

My mw is out of town this weekend, so I am hoping that somehow my water will break on Monday. I just really don't want to do another work week. Ugh...

Well off to a baby shower... is it bad that I did some re gifting? haha
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was hoping there would be one or two babies born by this morning......sorry ladies, hang in there :heart: :heart:

Well off to a party in a few mins where there will be lots of delicious ribs, yummy and I'm taking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, assam tea cookies and a quinoa salad so that's all I've been doing this morning. There will be tons of great beer as well, sadness that I can't have any.......I'll try for a winter pregnancy next time so I can indulge in all the summer BBQ goodies !

Bethany - sorry you are having a rough week. Don't let the doctor scare you like that. If there is something "wrong" on the ultrasound - make him/her tell you exactly what. You shouldn't have to wait and feel anxious over nothing......

Anne - ups and downs, that what this all seems to be about. You sure are patient with those people in your real life though, must be all the teaching experience !

Sympathy for the heartburn sufferers, I've never had it really bad, mild was bad enough :flowerforyou:
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies about all the heartburn. I haven't had any yet, but boy did I last time! I used Tums all the time but I did find one thing that helped a lot when tums didn't... Papaya! I'm not sure if eating the fruit would help but you can buy papaya enzymes at the store in a chewable tablet. Papaya is a natural digestive aid :) Maybe it could be helpful to some of you?!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Ron- Noah’s Arc will be so cute! I can’t wait to see pictures when it is done. Enjoy your dinner and seeing friends.

Rachael- I see no problem with re-gifting! Hope you enjoy the shower!

Julie- You never know when it could happen, it may surprise you :)

Victoria- I am missing beer too :) Enjoy your BBQ, sounds tasty and fun!

Michelle- hmmm maybe I will try papaya pills... my digestive system is all sorts of messed up!

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend and that we hear about some babies coming soon :)
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I hope some of you have your little ones soon! So lately when I have been eating my food and I get towards the end of the meal I feel like Im going to choke on it. It literally makes me gag. Do you think that is heartburn or acid reflux? I had the same thing with my daughter and she had a full head of hair and has wild hair at 1 1/2.
    I am in a complete panic mode. We get married this Friday and I feel like I have a million things to do. To make matters worse I hid my veil or stored it somewhere and can't find it anywhere. I think I am losing my mind! My wedding shower is tomorrow and two of the guests called today and talke about it and I had no clue what they were talking about. Hopefully I will remember to go to my own shower. I have been super calm this whole engagement but today I am in freak out mode. My fiance is at his cousins wedding tonight and called to see how my work day was going. I asked him how much money he gave them and he said $25. Okay I get he is a boy but come on! We are planning a weddind where each person costs $25 to eat how does he not know to give them more than that?
    Nursery painting sounds fun! Once I am a bit further along and we can rally some help we are moving our upstairs office downstairs to one of the bedrooms down there and changing the office into a nursery. Our daughters room is right across the hall from ours and the baby room would be next to hers. It might end up working well having our office in the basement so I can have some privacy while working on homework.
    Sorry for the rambling posts and one of these days I will get on the laptop to make resonding to each person a lot more easy. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    oh dang Maureen - sorry you are checking in tonight! :ohwell:

But no Julie since noon....:tongue:

You ladies can't be going more than 5 or 6 hours w/ out a post or you know we're all going to start assuming! :wink:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Caved in and bought a new maternity swimsuit this afternoon. The old one was just too worn out for me to feel comfortable in (no chest support and the butt was hanging ... eeww). I got a cute tankini at Motherhood Maternity for only $20! Wow, I'm glad I shopped around (on the internet) or I would have paid way too much.

Am I bad ... counted walked through the mall as my exercise. But I didn't count the trying the suits on (which really felt like an extreme sport!) :tongue:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

So, for everyone experiencing heartburn and realizing that tums does absolutely nothing, my brother in law went and bought me some Pepcid Complete tablets a couple weeks ago that have been amazing! I was totally craving some good real Mexican food a couple weeks ago but was sad that I wouldn't be able to eat it because it would hurt too bad. My BIL has experienced chronic heartburn for years and went out and bought me those so we could all go out to eat some delicious Mexican. Up until that point, I was eating 2 tums during the nights when I woke up. That night, I ate very spicy homemade salsa and chips, and a nice spicy Santa Fe Chicken Salad and didn't need to eat ANY tums during the night. Ever since then, My heartburn has felt like it's much more under control!!!

So, I have been spotting since last night. Sure wish I hadn't been spotting off and on my entire pregnancy so that I would know if that is blood from a bloody show or blood because of some other reason! I still would like baby to wait at least a week and a half more, but at least we made it to this point!

Hopefully someone has had a baby this morning............:wink:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHA!!! I have to laugh at my ticker. That is EXACTLY what I'm feeling today!! :laugh:
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Maureen, Maria, Rachael, Julie - You all are in my thoughts for easy and safe deliveries. I keep checking hoping to hear some baby news, thinking that once one of you goes, you'll break the log jam and all of you will go one right after the other.

Julz - I totally understand buying the new swim suit. I just did that a week ago. I didn't get a maternity one, but did get a fat ladies one that should accomodate the growing belly and still look cute. And I totally o****ed walking the mall as my workout - mine is three miles long and it was exhausting!

I scored yesterday. Three days ago I discovered that Jenavieve's bed was broken. How the kids managed to bend the spring and break the corner completely apart, I will never figure out. So I was trying to find a way to purchase a new bed for her (6 people in a 1400 square foot house requires sneaking in storage wherever you can!) and a friend posted that they were moving and had a twin bed with storage available. I jumped right on it and we got it yesterday. No instructions and a few missing parts, but thankfully it is IKEA and they have their instructions online and will give you most common parts. So we spent yesterday afternoon putting it together. We've at least doubled our storage capacity - I currently have 6! empty bins sitting under the bed that we can take some of the pressure off the toy bins and spread out a little bit. We did end up having to get a new mattress, but her old one was a hand me down - we've had it for over 5 years and it was really hard.

Contractions are still coming but I'm not going to laze around. I'll follow up with the midwives tomorrow to get my lab results, but I think we're going to go on a bike ride today and then we're going to do a clean - a grandma standards clean - on both kids rooms! That will only take me most of the day. I love my kids, but the shoving whereever when everything has a place kills me. This week we're going to pack the big kids for sleep away camp, I attend a conference on Friday and Saturday and we still have swim lessons and TKD to fit into the schedule. Should be another busy week. I'm thinking of surprising the kids and painting their bedrooms while they are at camp. 5 years ago when we were trying to sell the house, right as the market crashed of course, we painted everything a sandy color. It's nice but totally blah in the kids bedrooms.

Have a great weekend!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Elizabeth- Congrats on your wedding coming up! I had forgotten it was so soon, I am sorry! How fun and exciting! Don’t panic, it is going to be so wonderful! I am sure everything will work out just as it is supposed to!

Mel- I know I feel like I am the obsessive mama of all of you ladies waiting and wondering if it has happened… hah but when on partial bed rest there isn’t much else to do with your time :)

Julz- good for you for getting a new suit! I got mine on sale at Motherhood too and it was a great deal! Mall walking is FOR SURE exercise… you are walking aren’t you :)

Mamarandall- Interesting heartburn tip! I don’t have it too bad but sounds like it is working perfect for you! Huh, I have had no spotting the whole pregnancy and none lately… it is so hard to know what is what. Congrats on making it to 37 weeks!

Katrina- I totally agree, I think all of their babies are working together and they are all going to go right in a row! Great score on the bed! Storage is an awesome thing to gain. It does sound like you have another great and busy week ahead! I am jealous! Enjoy!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Julz - I would count walking the mall as exercise (and may actually be partaking in that form next week). Hooray for finding a swimsuit on sale.

Mel - I was thinking the same thing about Julie.

No baby here yet... Today we are going to see a baseball game at nats park. I am not really looking forward to sitting outside all day with our current heat going on, but my nephews will love it.

Katrina - Getting the bed is great! I completely understand the needing as much storage as possible.

Mamarandall - sorry to hear about the heartburn... bf had a REALLY bad case of it last night (I have no clue what he ate that was different than the rest of us).

edit... I just read my baby ticker. I think its a little off. It should have just ended with the I am comfy inside my mommy. I am pretty sure she would stay inside forever if she could given her not showing any real signs of wanting to come out right now.
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    July ALREADY wow this year is going fast!!!! Hope all is going good for all the mommas and mommas to be. Going good here. Have a doctor's appointment Thursday will let my new friends know what doc says.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth, congrats on the wedding! That is so exciting. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you.

No Julie... I hope that means she is finally having that baby. :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Ok, 9am and still no Julie!!!! You know if you pop on with no baby yet we're going to kill you for being gone so long!:laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I got nothin'
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhg!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Maureen- You are braver than I am! It is just too hot for me to sit/be outside! Drink lots of H20! It doesn’t seem the baby tickers are built for going past the due date :)

Stacy- Glad to hear things are going well!

I just went to BRU and used a gift card to get the rest of what I think we will need that wasn’t purchased on our registry. I may have purchased too much though so I may need to take some back… (pacifiers were by 1 get one 40% off so I got a bunch, got some sheets, toys, swaddlers ect).