Any 5'7 ladies?

Options

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I too am 5' 6 1/2" (I round up) and am around the 140 range right now. It's definitely doable! Just keep in mind that it will come off more slowly when you get closer to the goal.
  • kimmy_72
    kimmy_72 Posts: 8
    Options
    sonia, you and I are at an identical starting range - no unhappy faces, we're going to get there too - we have to start somewhere, right? At least we've begun!
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 (I think). I was 165 at my highest, got down to 144 last month but had a birthday and celebrated a bit too much so now I am around 147. I hope to drop under 140 just to see what it feels/looks like. Then I will re-evaluate!
  • mrswiley07
    mrswiley07 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my ultimate goal is 150. I started at 300 and I am now 242. However, to just get out of the 200's is going to be great for me.:happy:
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and way bigger them any of you!!! I just started on here at 250 :( Someday Ill be where you gals are!!!

Sonia, i'm with you! I'm feeling SO overwhelmed at the idea of trying to lose almost 100 pounds. I have been going up and down with the same 20 pounds for the past 2 years. I lose some, then lose motivation and gain it back. I'm hoping you ladies with similar stats will be my motivation! We can do this.
  • chelley11
    chelley11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done all you guys have done so wel with the weight you have lost. Im also 5'7 and currently 147lbs and its my goal to get to 132lbs.
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Its always interesting to me how different everyone's body type is. I'm almost 5'7 and I have a larger frame. My ultimate goal is 150-155. I have been down as low as 144 and I looked sickly. My face was drawn in like a skeleton and my ribs and hip bones were sticking out everywhere.
  • be_kris
    be_kris Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm also 5'7". My original goal was 145, now that I'm at 150 I may reassess to a lower weight. I still have some pudge in spots I don't think 5 lbs will make a difference. I really need to start toning now to maybe move it around a little. I still have some love handles I want to get rid of, and my thighs still touch. I just want a little space between them!! :P
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    I'm 5'7 also. Right now I would be glad to see anything under 200 pounds. My final goal is 135 pounds. In my early 20's my weight stayed between 117-122 pounds w/out any muscle tone, which was a bit to skinny, now that I look back at photos of myself. I think that a toned135 pounds will be just right for me.
  • makemeabarbie
    Options
    HEY! I'm 5'8 and I'm 191.5 pounds right now. I hope to get down to at the most of 160 because that would be normal weight for my statistics. But I really want to get down to 140. I hope it can be done!
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7", and I clocked in this morning at 129 pounds. I think I'm done. :-) I've weighed as little as 115 pounds (when I got married), and that is just too thin. I have a small frame, so smaller is better for me.
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5/7" and my goal is 145. I was at that weight when I got married and I wore a 8/10. I'd love to be there again (or smaller).

I've had 2 kids since I got married, and I got a lot older :) Things aren't the same as they were, but I know that I can do it. It'll be hard work and I have a ways to go (haven't stepped on the scale, but I'm over 190), but all I can do is start from where I am.
  • LuciaSkinnyJeans
    Options
    5'8'' here and hovering in the mid- to low-150s. Would like to hit 135 - I have a bigger frame, so that is when I look lean and mean! :) Good luck to you, it can be done, it just takes a while!
  • dani921
    dani921 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm kinda close...5 8 1/2 and my end goal is maybe 145, currently 157ish size 6-8 (not that that means much as vanity sizing is a horrible thing)
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7, at 205ibs at the moment and want to go down to 145, 50ibs seems like such a looong way :(
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", am currently at about 155, and would love to be at 135. I always used to be at 125, and I looked lean and healthy and awesome! LOL I know I probably won't be able to get back down to that, but 135 would be great for me. I'm exercising alot, it's the food that is killing me. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight since joining MFP, but I've lost alot of inches. My ego doesn't like that. LOL I want the scale to move!!!!!
  • crazynita911
    crazynita911 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7'' as well and CW is 139. I would like to get down to 125. I have been as high as 195 lbs back in 2004 when I decided to do something about it. It took me 14 months to get down to 136 then I got pregnant and since then have had 3 girls. So now that I am finished having kids I want to get these last 15 pounds off and tone everything up.
  • Taygwen
    Taygwen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and just under 200lbs. My weight fluctuates though. Before I got prego with my 3rd child I was working out like crazy and got down to 166...after I had him i was losing weight for awhile and then all of a sudden started gaining (even while nursing) and got some tests done and found out i have hypothyroidism. So, now he's almost 3 and I'm totally dedicated to losing weight this time even when it is more difficult than ever. My goal is to get down to 160 and tone up my belly a little, tired of this spare tire. :0)
  • emereyda
    emereyda Posts: 22
    Options
    hey, ladies :) Im new here, just started last week :) Im 5'7 and my goal weight is 123.5 (56kg) I've made a plan for myself with small goals every 5 weeks. When you see small steps its much easier to focus and believe you can do this :)
  • docshar
    docshar Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and down to 164 (from somewhere near 215). I'm hoping to get under 150, that looks lean and healthy on my frame. When I had my physical a couple months ago (when I weighed ~11 pounds more than I do now), my doctor said my weight was OK and health-wise I didn't need to lose more -- my blood pressure's great, cholesterol great, etc. But I'm just not happy with how I look & feel and I know I can get back to 150.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!