Any 5'7 ladies?

Options

Replies

• jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too and a "pear" shape (smaller upper body, carry extra weight in my butt, hips, thighs). My initial goal was 150 but when I got there I felt like I could stand to lose a bit more. My goal is to maintain between 135-140. I'm currently hovering around 138 and feel good here.
  • Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    currently 157 lbs and want to go down to 134 lbs
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and was in my best shape in my mid-20s between 155 and 160. That had me in an 8/10 (depending on whether it was pants or dresses). Small waist, big bust, big hips, so dress sizes are always smaller for me.

Right now, my goal is 160, but who knows? I might get to that weight and reassess my goals.

Best wishes to everyone!
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I"m posting a bit late, but I'm 5'7'' and looking to get down to 123. It's so amazing how different body shapes are! I'm at 130 now and wear a size 29 pant. In fact, I don't think I've ever been a size 4 in my waist! We'll see how hard it is to lose those last 7 lbs are...
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I am 5'7 and my goal is 60kg which seemsto be 132lb. I'm a size UK8-10 now which is US4-6. Would like to be a solid size UK8 in the end..

Also my jeans are 27'' now and I'm KIND OF hoping to get down to 26. Although I don't think it will happen by the time I reach my goal.
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my lowest weight was 154 lbs as an 18 year old. I am a med-large framed woman, by my goal is 137 lbs. I think your goal is definitely attainable.
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7" as well and about a medium/muscular frame. My highest weight was 247. Currently sitting at 165 and looking to get down to 147.
  • daniellepaskewitz
    Options
    5'7, 157lbs... My gosh is 140-145 too.... I'm at the last stretch and I need to keep going!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is between 180 and 160 pounds. My highest weight was 261 pounds.
  • keeks8281
    keeks8281 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 183. Shooting for 150 as my goal weight. I have a medium/large frame.
  • IvoryChopSticks
    IvoryChopSticks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    Height 5'6.5"

SW: 155
    CW: 129
    GW: 126-130
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and way bigger them any of you!!! I just started on here at 250 :( Someday Ill be where you gals are!!!

I started at 225! You'll get there!

I started at 240 and now it's six months later and I'm at 195 and counting!
    Keep the faith and make just ONE choice at a time. Ask yourself, "Which choice will support my goal?" It's not about being "Good" or "Bad" ... just make choices that support your daily calorie budget. All the rest takes care of itself. Don't spend it all in one place!
    You can do it! :happy:
  • KnightOwl
    KnightOwl Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 5' 6.5" and started at 270.. I'm about 199 now and halfway there... hoping for 145ish.. I'd really like to be somewhere around a size 8.

Here's my question though (which may make me sound ignorant, but I really have no idea): how do you determine your "frame". I see a lot of you commenting on being a "small frame" or a "medium/large frame". What are the parameters of defining "frame"?

Thanks for any input :)
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.75" and my goal weight is 150ish, and a size 10. I have a large frame so anything smaller than that would probably make me look anorexic. That's what I weighed at 17 before I had my first child and within three months after having her. I am so impatient it is killing me waiting, but I just keep telling myself that I didn't put the wieght on over night (my oldest is 9) and it's not going to come off over night. Several of the ladies on this thread are my inspiration. I know that as long as I keep chugging along, someday my ticker will be at 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 lbs. lost. Add me if you want. We can support/motivate each other and remind each other it's one day at a time. I hope to be at or close to my goal weight a year form now.
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently sitting at 177 lbs. I want to get down to 127, the weight I was about 6-7 years ago. I looked good and didn't know it and am kicking myself now. Truth be told I'll be glad to hit the 130s though. I really just want to be a size 6/7 again.
  • verdilith
    verdilith Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 5'7", currently 198, with a goal of 160. Once I'm there, I'll see how I feel/look before taking it any further.

I don't know about frame size, but even now, people tell me I "carry it well". in my mid 20's (I'm 41 now) I went down to a (UK) size 10, and I looked too skinny, but I don't know what weight I was.

I've just started my journey - three weeks ago I was 207, so not doing too badly :)
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 5' 6.5" and started at 270.. I'm about 199 now and halfway there... hoping for 145ish.. I'd really like to be somewhere around a size 8.

Here's my question though (which may make me sound ignorant, but I really have no idea): how do you determine your "frame". I see a lot of you commenting on being a "small frame" or a "medium/large frame". What are the parameters of defining "frame"?

Thanks for any input :)

I'm 5'7" SW 160...currently 155 and want to be 135 SO BAD!! But I'll settle for 140 and in a comfortable 8. :laugh:

From what I understand if you can touch the tips of your pinky and your thumb around your wrist, you're small boned
    if you can touch the tip of your ring finger and thumb around the wrist, youre med boned (if you can't even touch the pinky)
    if you can touch the tip of your middle finger and thumb around the wrist you're heavy boned (if you can't even touch the ring finger)

But that's what I heard :bigsmile:

So I like to think of myself as small boned.
    Which I know I should be because my twin is a fit size 6 and I'm a fat-patot size 10:grumble:
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 153 right now - I'm a UK size 10/12 at this weight. By wrist I seem to be a small frame but I absolutely don't believe that - I have broad shoulders and hips and my bones are already sticking out on both of them. There's still some jiggle I could stand to lose but I'm going with between 140 - 147 being perfect for me (although 139 would be awesome as it's 9st 13lbs!)...
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Whoa, this thread exploded! Haha :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!