H20~ Keeping the Pounds Falling Off

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Just a quick check in to say I ran the hardest three miles I've done in a while. My legs just felt heavy tonight.. if that makes any sense... but it's alright. I think it's just because I worked all day and a lot of that time I sat down at a desk, which I hate!!!! Anyway.. hope you all had a great Tuesday, I only have to work one more day and then I'm off for my long weekend!!! Yay!

Excellent Nicki! Hope you enjoy your time off!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Just a quick note - last night's dinner was inspired by Christine's Club 33 experience and I must say it was very successful!

I sauteed shrimp, shallots and garlic, then took them out and sauteed watermelon, balsamic vinegar and water until the juices made a syrup. Then I combined them, topped them with chopped cucumber and garlic-herb feta, and enjoyed the heck out of it! A little salt, pepper and lime juice brought the flavours together well. In the future, I'd top the whole thing with a bit of fresh mint, but it really was fabulous!

There were no celebrities in my house, and no Disney in the background (too bad!), but it was really yummy! Now for some creme brulee... :wink:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'm trying to claw my way back on guys ..... LOL I should be able to spend more time here with you starting next week!!!!! Things have been so hectic at work and I miss the discussions on here.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Yay! Welcome back, Pam!

I did my 7 mile tempo run today and it was hard... very hard. I think I'm just having a rough week when it comes to running, but I won't let it stop me. I'll be running something tomorrow morning before I head to my friend's for the weekend, still trying to decide if I want to push out my long run before I go or just do my 3 mile "easy" run... decisions, decisions....

Oh, and I'm down another pound today!!! Yippee!!!! I'm loving so much being a healthy weight for the first time since college... now to finish toning and working off those vanity pounds! Can't wait until you're all here with me!!!!!! I'll keep encouraging you... it's amazing!
  • nursee67
    I'm trying to claw my way back on guys ..... LOL I should be able to spend more time here with you starting next week!!!!! Things have been so hectic at work and I miss the discussions on here.

Well, c'mon...get back in here! We miss you!
  • nursee67
    Just a quick note - last night's dinner was inspired by Christine's Club 33 experience and I must say it was very successful!

I sauteed shrimp, shallots and garlic, then took them out and sauteed watermelon, balsamic vinegar and water until the juices made a syrup. Then I combined them, topped them with chopped cucumber and garlic-herb feta, and enjoyed the heck out of it! A little salt, pepper and lime juice brought the flavours together well. In the future, I'd top the whole thing with a bit of fresh mint, but it really was fabulous!

There were no celebrities in my house, and no Disney in the background (too bad!), but it was really yummy! Now for some creme brulee... :wink:

I am hungry now...be right over!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member

Oh, and I'm down another pound today!!! Yippee!!!! I'm loving so much being a healthy weight for the first time since college... now to finish toning and working off those vanity pounds! Can't wait until you're all here with me!!!!!! I'll keep encouraging you... it's amazing!

NICE!!!!!!!!
  • cazzincali

Sounds SO awesome!
  • cazzincali
    Hurtin' for certain - but it's a good pain! :bigsmile: Still... not liking the Slave Driver's new circuit!

You know you love it! Haha! :wink:

Yeah... I kinda like the results! :wink:
  • Alegria79
    Cazz - new circuits are the worst! But think how great it will be in a few weeks when it feels easier!

Pam - welcome back! I hope work slows down a bit for you.

Nikki - sorry to hear you're having a tough running week, but awesome that you're powering through! I hope you're enjoying your long weekend :smile:

Today I went for a walk because I am sore from yesterday's challenging run and wanted to recover before running club tomorrow morning. Plus I wanted to map out a new running route, and I get a better feel for the land when I'm walking. But it was weird! I wanted to run, especially at first.

How is everyone doing with their walk or run challenge? Are people still keeping that up? I'm at 88 miles in my 125 mile run challenge, which I feel good about. How are you ladies doing?
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Ladies i need input.. I edited a picture for the wedding i did a couple weeks ago.. i edited it in two different ways.. with part of the vows.. tell me what you think..

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/AprilVal/rings3words.jpg

and

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/AprilVal/rings3wordsheartbrush.jpg

thanks
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I think the one without the heart.
  • cazzincali
    Ladies i need input.. I edited a picture for the wedding i did a couple weeks ago.. i edited it in two different ways.. with part of the vows.. tell me what you think..

and

thanks

I love the first one! Second one - not so much. Seemed too busy, distracting from the sentiments of the photograph.
  • Alegria79

and

thanks

I agree, the first one without the heart is less distracting and you focus more on the couple and the sentiments. The darker edges on the heart-less one spotlight the hands, which I really like.
  • AprilVal
    thanks ladies.. I was just playing aorund with the second one.. lol.. :) i think the vote is the first one. :)
  • nursee67
    Definitely the first one...
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Well, I had a heck of a weekend!!!! Two nights of concerts, eating good food and drinking beer!!!! I ended up getting my 11 mile run done on Friday before I left and I'm super glad I did! I had a nice lazy Saturday morning with my friend and a long crazy music-filled day!!! Saw some awesome performers and screamed my lungs out! This morning my friend's hubby made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we went out on his brother's boat for a few hours and swam with the kids!!! Super relaxing and fun but I forgot sunscreen (which I never do) and my shoulders are mad at me, but I should be ok in a day or two! Came home and ran the three miles I needed to finish out my week! Hope you all had a great weekend as well, but maybe did a little better on the eating than I did!!!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    *S*
    glad to see the board still going!
    April!! welcome back doll...(I think I told you that and just wanted to repeat)
  • AprilVal
    *S*
    glad to see the board still going!
    April!! welcome back doll...(I think I told you that and just wanted to repeat)

Thanks Molly!! :)
  • AprilVal
    anyone interested in starting challenges back up??/ This is about the time that H20 started last year with the halloween challenge.. BUT I dont think Im going to do as many if so.. and they will be every 2 weeks, instead of every week.. Let me know if so.. Ill get to it.. :)