Labor day losers July 11th - September 5th (closed group)

Options

Replies

• madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommies!!!!!!! I am so happy that we are all back together again!! I am ready to get motivated and moving :) I had an awesome weekend with the fam celebrating my oldest babies 5th birthday!!!! but no so awesome on the food choices and no excercise besides playing eith the kids. but i am not mad or discouraged, i am taking it in and moving on to get the rest of this fat off!!! i am ready to also help any of you that may need me to help motivate or encourage you! If we are not yet friends from the last challenge please add me and if we are and have not yet talked i would love to get to know you!! love and best to all!!!

Week 7/11/11-- 195 lbs
    Week 7/18/11--
    Week 7/25/11--
    Week 8/01/11--
    Week 8/08/11--
    Week 8/15/11--
    Week 8/22/11--
    Week 8/29/11--
    Week 9/05/11--
    Total weight loss: ______lbs
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Alright Ladies.....round 2 :smile:
    I am happy to say that I started out with our first challenge at 191.6 and today i weigh in at 175.4 - would not have gotten there without all of your encouragement and support and i sincerely thank you! I was on vacation from July 1st and i just returned home today and still managed to drop 4.6 in that time frame! I am looking forward to being at 160 by Labor Day ----fingers crossed!!! So good luck to us all!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding question.... Yes I too am nursing full time so i add 300 calories to my day.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Not a great start to the day..binged on Oreos at like 5am...yes 5am :huh: baby still wakes all night and early am so i had oreos..9 to be exact..not keeping them in the house anymore..not ready for that apparently..i let them stay to not deprive the hubs since he isnt dieting, but he will have to understand...ugghhhh...weight loss is so challenging...i cried about it this morning..i dont know why i was just really overwhelmed with the chaoticness of my life right now of mommy, wife, work, and fitness :cry: After my drama filled morining i got off my but and did Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 and moved on. I have planned my day to fit around my Oreo binge with hopes that i didnt completely ruin my day. just venting about the stress of weight loss :explode: ....but i will leave on a positive note: Good morning and drink plenty of water :drinker: !!
  • kdwalker01
    Options
    Can I join in?
  • madyncaden
    Options
    Latoya i am so with you!! i ate a turtle sundae last night and am sick this morning!! i am working on getting my water in also and getting help from mimi:) i feel your stress and going to take your positive attitude and move on with my day :) nothing can stop us now!!! im with ya and here for you...............and all you other mommies out there too!!!!!!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Not a great start to the day..binged on Oreos at like 5am...yes 5am :huh: baby still wakes all night and early am so i had oreos..9 to be exact..not keeping them in the house anymore..not ready for that apparently..i let them stay to not deprive the hubs since he isnt dieting, but he will have to understand...ugghhhh...weight loss is so challenging...i cried about it this morning..i dont know why i was just really overwhelmed with the chaoticness of my life right now of mommy, wife, work, and fitness :cry: After my drama filled morining i got off my but and did Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 and moved on. I have planned my day to fit around my Oreo binge with hopes that i didnt completely ruin my day. just venting about the stress of weight loss :explode: ....but i will leave on a positive note: Good morning and drink plenty of water :drinker: !!

Latoya, I hope that you're feeling better, I am not here to judge you or be a cheerleader, but know that I am here for support. Crying is really ok! we have all been there, and yes our multiple roles can and are very stressful! I know that you will pick yourself right back up and finish the day on a strong positive note!!!!!!!!!!!!! any time, any day.. feel free to send me a message on my page and I will be there to help you get through it! now let's put all the morning madness behind us and kick some serious butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Kristyn, thanks for the breastfeeding info. I am only breastfeeding about 3 times a day and I feel like I am almost done. I swear if I don't eat 2000 plus calories my supply is so low and I have a big boy who loves to eat! I have lasted almost 8 months and am proud of that, so I feel like if I am done soon, so be it.

Latoya, I am sorry your day started poorly, but don't let it get you down. One slip is better than a whole day of slips! And I hear you about the early morning wake ups and stress of it all. We got a 4 am wake up here today, but luckilly I was able to get him back down until 6am!

I was able to get the water in easily as I am part fish :), I am still working on the calories though. I have been averaging about 1400, which I guess is about right with the breastfeeding, but I am really working to get to the 1200! Have a great day!
    Becca
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh and my picture is my goal picture, it was taken on the day of my wedding when I was 128 (my dream weight)!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

Latoya, I hope that you're feeling better, I am not here to judge you or be a cheerleader, but know that I am here for support. Crying is really ok! we have all been there, and yes our multiple roles can and are very stressful! I know that you will pick yourself right back up and finish the day on a strong positive note!!!!!!!!!!!!! any time, any day.. feel free to send me a message on my page and I will be there to help you get through it! now let's put all the morning madness behind us and kick some serious butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Thanks mimi :ohwell: i know the Oreos wont take me to 135 so i have put them down, lol...im back on it!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Becca, your welcome! and these days to make it 8months breastfeeding is a long time! Good job!

Latoya! It must of been in the air, my 5 month old cried bloody murder till almost 1am, no clue why either so when i got up to make my pot of coffee at 6am, i opened a pack of graham crackers... big mistake... 6 sheets later!!! grrr

Oh well we move on and drink tons of water today!!!

Week 7/11/11-- 153.7 lbs
    Week 7/18/11--
    Week 7/25/11--
    Week 8/01/11--
    Week 8/08/11--
    Week 8/15/11--
    Week 8/22/11--
    Week 8/29/11--
    Week 9/05/11--
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Becca, your welcome! and these days to make it 8months breastfeeding is a long time! Good job!

Latoya! It must of been in the air, my 5 month old cried bloody murder till almost 1am, no clue why either so when i got up to make my pot of coffee at 6am, i opened a pack of graham crackers... big mistake... 6 sheets later!!! grrr

Oh well we move on and drink tons of water today!!!

Week 7/11/11-- 153.7 lbs
    Week 7/18/11--
    Week 7/25/11--
    Week 8/01/11--
    Week 8/08/11--
    Week 8/15/11--
    Week 8/22/11--
    Week 8/29/11--
    Week 9/05/11--

lol, thanks for letting me know its not just me!! these babies are driving us to cookies and crackers :grumble:
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Latoya & Kristyn, there MUST have been something in the air last nite b/c my 8-month old kept me up all nite too. Fortunately, I don't have anything "bad" in the house or I probably would have been very tempted. I usually munch on watermelon chunks or grapes when I get the mid-morning munchies. Don't beat yourself up over the oreos, water & exercise will do just fine:wink: Latoya, Good for you getting in a workout right away, that type of attitude will keep your progress moving well.

I too think sometimes that being a mommy, wife, employee can really get overwhelming in addition to diet and exercise. But, that's why it's great to have a place like MFP where all of us are going through the same stuff & can encourage one another:flowerforyou: If nothing else, it's a great place to vent our frustrations, right?

Becca, I am eating about 2000 calories now & I'm still having issues with my supply. It's kinda tricky to pinpoint an exact number of extra calories that we need to keep it up, especially when you factor in exercise calories... Make sure you're also getting enough water (which you probably already do). Whenever my supply gets low, i just up my current calories by 100-200 to compensate and that has been working just fine for this baby and with the last one (nursed till he was 14-months old). Good luck, but if you decide to stop breastfeeding at 8 months you've already done a wonderful job!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Latoya & Kristyn, there MUST have been something in the air last nite b/c my 8-month old kept me up all nite too. Fortunately, I don't have anything "bad" in the house or I probably would have been very tempted. I usually munch on watermelon chunks or grapes when I get the mid-morning munchies. Don't beat yourself up over the oreos, water & exercise will do just fine:wink: Latoya, Good for you getting in a workout right away, that type of attitude will keep your progress moving well.

I too think sometimes that being a mommy, wife, employee can really get overwhelming in addition to diet and exercise. But, that's why it's great to have a place like MFP where all of us are going through the same stuff & can encourage one another:flowerforyou: If nothing else, it's a great place to vent our frustrations, right?

Becca, I am eating about 2000 calories now & I'm still having issues with my supply. It's kinda tricky to pinpoint an exact number of extra calories that we need to keep it up, especially when you factor in exercise calories... Make sure you're also getting enough water (which you probably already do). Whenever my supply gets low, i just up my current calories by 100-200 to compensate and that has been working just fine for this baby and with the last one (nursed till he was 14-months old). Good luck, but if you decide to stop breastfeeding at 8 months you've already done a wonderful job!

Cheers to all of the mommies that are breastfeeding...i kind of regret not doing it.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

This is crazy - my 8 month old has been keeping me up at night for the past week!!! She just keeps waking up and wanting a bottle; even if she just had one! :huh: I've been one exhausted mommy these last few days!!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm glad my bundle of joy is almost 5 Years old... no more breastfeeding concerns.. heheheheheheehhehe ( but I did breastfeed till he was 12 months, and it was a very challending yet rewarding experience, working FT)

Power to all the breastfeeding mommies out there! you ladies rock :)
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    wow.. reading this page makes me nauseous! I am so glad my daughter has passed that stage but I salute all of you who breastfeed!! Unfortunately, I couldn't cause of seriously inverted nipples.. with both my kids, so I missed out on the wondrous joy it brings.

Have a great evening mommies and don't forget to get your water in!! (on my 7th glass right now - 56 oz so far today).... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: <<<<<<<<<< WATER!!!!
  • madyncaden
    Options
    hi mommies !!! i met my goal today! good healthy food in the house and water down for the day:) now off to excercise, shower,watch some tv and fall fast asleep:) nite all !!!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

This is crazy - my 8 month old has been keeping me up at night for the past week!!! She just keeps waking up and wanting a bottle; even if she just had one! :huh: I've been one exhausted mommy these last few days!!

My daughter went through the same thing at about 6-7 months. My doctor said when she was taking 32 oz. per day and not satisfied that I needed to add a little cereal to her night time bottle. I did and it worked like a charm.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommies, at 63 ounces of water today. Found this quote the other day and wanted to share:

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - A. A. Milne