Why flirting on MFP is a bad idea..

Options
I am newly single, and excited about meeting Mr. right and enjoying life. Even though I've noticed some flirty remarkes on this site, It's still reeking with " Forget about dating signs" I have come to the conclusion that it's like "bathroom meet.com" When you're at your worst, trying to recapture the "better you" and you are staring your potential love in the face, Well what's romantic about that! Another way to look at it, we're in a factory being prepped and honed & transformed into wonderful, attractive, beautiful people. Just not done yet. Oh I know we're supposed to be beautiful as we are, I'm just saying...

Replies

• LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What in tarnation are you talking about ????? :huh:

P.S. It's not a dating site.....:ohwell:
  • sagisun1969
    Options
    LOL....I was thinking the same thing. I haven't gotten 'hit on' on MFP. After reading this post I was starting to feel kinda ugly.....j/k.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    huh?
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    lol, this is funny!!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'm not single, but if I were... I think MFP would be the last place I'd be looking for love!

:laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I run a fairly small dating advice forum, and have three marriages from people who met on the site itself. Plus countless others who dated. One who realized she was at very least bi after meeting another forum member. They didn't sign up to meet someone, just to talk about dating and other off topic things. (My main site is a dating humor site, so some folks only joined for the laughs.) But in the course of reading each other's posts, they realized they had some things in common, started private messaging each other, met in person and fell in love. Similarly, a couple who I'm friends with met on Yahoo Games.

It happens. If I were single, I wouldn't actively LOOK for someone on MFP or any other forum, but I think any way to meet is great. There's certainly nothing wrong with seeing someone's true self with their guard down, as opposed to putting on a front and being on your best behavior like when most people first start dating. :wink:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Another way to look at it, we're in a factory being prepped and honed & transformed into wonderful, attractive, beautiful people. Just not done yet. Oh I know we're supposed to be beautiful as we are, I'm just saying...

There is nothing wrong with us as we are. Are you waiting until you lose weight to start your life or something? I am already wonderful, attractive and beautiful.

Having said that, I don't flirt on this site. I don't think there is anything wrong with it - it just isn't something I do.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    oh boy.....this isnt match.com
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Another way to look at it, we're in a factory being prepped and honed & transformed into wonderful, attractive, beautiful people. Just not done yet. Oh I know we're supposed to be beautiful as we are, I'm just saying...

There is nothing wrong with us as we are. Are you waiting until you lose weight to start your life or something? I am already wonderful, attractive and beautiful.

Having said that, I don't flirt on this site. I don't think there is anything wrong with it - it just isn't something I do.

One more reason I love Heather. :)
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Is she drinking? Cause that makes no sense at all. :drinker:
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    Oh I know we're all beautiful! That's why we're trying so very hard to change what we look like...
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What in tarnation are you talking about ????? :huh:

P.S. It's not a dating site.....:ohwell:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Oh I know we're all beautiful! That's why we're trying so very hard to change what we look like...

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself, but lots of people actually have good confidence and self-esteem. Hopefully you will feel better soon.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with flirting on this site. Would I start a relationship with someone I met here, no. Unless the person lived near by. I'm not into long distance, it's lonely IMO and I want someone I can see regularly.

For one thing, we all have something in common, health and or weight loss. I don't want to date someone that is going to want to eat junk all the time simply because I don't want to gain any weight. I'm still losing!

Also I know that I have plenty to offer other than looks or being thin. I had no problem dating, even at my heaviest.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Wouldn't you want someone who liked you even at your worst and stuck through it with you? And then transformed with you into the better?
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself, but lots of people actually have good confidence and self-esteem. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Honey,did you miss all of the before and after pictures? that's what this site is all about, making a wonderful change, sorry you didn't understand that.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    oh boy.....this isnt match.com

Wait, what?:noway:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Is she drinking? Cause that makes no sense at all. :drinker:

I shall start drinking so it will make sense!! :drinker:

Thanks Sossi! :smooched:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I run a fairly small dating advice forum, and have three marriages from people who met on the site itself. Plus countless others who dated. One who realized she was at very least bi after meeting another forum member. They didn't sign up to meet someone, just to talk about dating and other off topic things. (My main site is a dating humor site, so some folks only joined for the laughs.) But in the course of reading each other's posts, they realized they had some things in common, started private messaging each other, met in person and fell in love. Similarly, a couple who I'm friends with met on Yahoo Games.

It happens. If I were single, I wouldn't actively LOOK for someone on MFP or any other forum, but I think any way to meet is great. There's certainly nothing wrong with seeing someone's true self with their guard down, as opposed to putting on a front and being on your best behavior like when most people first start dating. :wink:

I agree with Lorina.
    For one thing, we all have something in common, health and or weight loss. I don't want to date someone that is going to want to eat junk all the time simply because I don't want to gain any weight. I'm still losing!

This covers a lot of it too. If you hate cows with a passion...you don't go hang out on a cow lover forum...and you certainly don't want to date someone from a cow lover forum...because it's a recipe for disaster. However, if you happen to be a member of 'Die Cow Die! - An Online Forum for Those With Cow Aggression Tendancies'...and you meet someone, it could be a recipe for a happy, beef free life.

Get my point? I'm not one to cut off any one part of my life from another...it's all me, and it all works together to make me who I am. If I met someone from this site and we clicked...GREAT! If not, I'm single and I'll have fun meeting people anyway. Worst case I make some great friends, you know?