Why flirting on MFP is a bad idea..

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm in who wants to flirt?????? P.S. No DUDES

Aww! C'mon...my pecs..your pecs...

Ok...I can't even joke like that...I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil =/.

lol
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg
    Panda Jack for President!!!!!!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    This covers a lot of it too. If you hate cows with a passion...you don't go hang out on a cow lover forum...and you certainly don't want to date someone from a cow lover forum...because it's a recipe for disaster. However, if you happen to be a member of 'Die Cow Die! - An Online Forum for Those With Cow Aggression Tendancies'...and you meet someone, it could be a recipe for a happy, beef free life.

Get my point? I'm not one to cut off any one part of my life from another...it's all me, and it all works together to make me who I am. If I met someone from this site and we clicked...GREAT! If not, I'm single and I'll have fun meeting people anyway. Worst case I make some great friends, you know?

What Cris said. Totally. I flirt like a mofo. Young, old, fat, skinny, I don't really care.

Flirting makes me feel better, and it makes THEM feel better, so why not? If someone happened to truly click with me, then sure, I'd be willing to see where it went.

P.S. Heeeyyyyy ladies. How you doin?

Yes, I stole the line from Joey. What can I say, it works ;)
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options

This covers a lot of it too. If you hate cows with a passion...you don't go hang out on a cow lover forum...and you certainly don't want to date someone from a cow lover forum...because it's a recipe for disaster. However, if you happen to be a member of 'Die Cow Die! - An Online Forum for Those With Cow Aggression Tendancies'...and you meet someone, it could be a recipe for a happy, beef free life.

Oh My Cows! Thanks for the :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Honey came in and she caught me red-handed
    Creeping with the girl next door
    Picture this, now we were both butt-naked
    banging on the bathroom floor
    How could I forget that I had
    Given her an extra key
    All this time she was standing there
    She never took her eyes off me....

kk back to the topic... This is the most pointless topic I have ever read. Do what you want people. It's cyberspace. People meet here everyday and find loving, supportive relationships.. isn't that want you want in a relationship anyway?
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    okay, I laughed my way through all the responses. I am married and happily, but if I was single, I would see nothing wrong with flirting in a friendly way. When the right one comes along does it really matter where it happens. I mean geez, how is flirting with someone on a website designed to get yourself healthy worse than flirting with some random person in a bar. You probably have a better sense of the person here than you do at the bar. If you don't want to be flirted with block or ignore them. And even though I am happily married it still makes me feel good to be checked out. It's human nature to feel pleasure from being admired or have postive attention showered on us
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Honey came in and she caught me red-handed
    Creeping with the girl next door
    Picture this, now we were both butt-naked
    banging on the bathroom floor
    How could I forget that I had
    Given her an extra key
    All this time she was standing there
    She never took her eyes off me....
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: HUH?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I have not gotten any suggestive PMs from it yet, :angry:

Pffffft. That's nothing mate. In the entire time I have been posting here I have NEVER:

1) had a lewd, rude, crude or even deluded PM as a result of a forum post
    2) had someone PM me "anonymously" saying my fitness goals are rdiculous and I must eat my young as a result
    3) carry over a flaming session from the board on to a PM (chickens)
    4) offer me out for a fight for being rude (see 3 above)
    5) had a beachbody coach try to sell me Shakeology (no, I am not interested numbnuts)

In fact, in my whole MFP career posters have been nothing but nice, welcoming or complimentary. I get dozens of friend requests every month even though my profile states I don't accept them. I have never experienced such a nice, friendly bunch on a forum before. I feel compelled therefore to say only this:

what the hell is wrong with you people ?!?!?

Ladies - if you are going to pm me at least do me the courtesy of being naked when you do it.
    Gents - don't agree with me on anything. It only soups up my massive heid.

That is all.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    this site is a study in itself....what an effed up bunch of people...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    this site is a study in itself....what an effed up bunch of people...

I know right? It's like you and I are the only sane people on here. By the way. How you doin'?

On a serious note, niceness is a wonderful trait to have. However, when it become pathological then you have to ask yourself if it niceness at all or or just uncomfortable emotions being repressed. Sometimes it is good to allow yourself to experience the whole range of emotions, be it anger, disappointment, resentment, jealousy whatever. How you then choose to deal with these emotions then dictates your emotional health.

Nobody is nice ALL the time. Neither should you have to be...
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    [/quote]
    Nobody is nice ALL the time. Neither should you have to be...
    [/quote]

Well said, I'm visualizing a new thread .... Why I don't feel nice today/Why I feel nice today.. can you imagine all the emotions spewing in, It would be a kicker, I just know it!:happy:
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Seriously... this is a weightloss/support/fitness site NOT a friggin dating site...

Personally, I think some people have to get a life. I had to delete a few of my friends on this (don't accept males) because these ladies were in the late 30's and 40's and starting up these crued sexual threads/updates on their pages expecting men to oggle at them, write back just as creudly and start a whole "what will u do to my body" kind of thing....like come on they must think they are the next best thing because they have the "cofnidence" to do this on a site....

These are the same women who speak openly about their marriages and children in the next post......

Do these women need to flaunt themselves and portray themselves in this way so that guys will tell them how gorgeous, hot and sexy they are to feel better about themselves?

Each to their own but if your down with that kinda theing then thats fine but NOT ON MFP.... there are girls of 16 on this site and seriously the majority of us are on this for support not do not want to log in and see mature women fluanting themselves openly to men that are obviously on this for that reason...

Google it and find a site that suits ur needs and quit lowering the tone of MFP.......
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Seriously... this is a weightloss/support/fitness site NOT a friggin dating site...

Personally, I think some people have to get a life. I had to delete a few of my friends on this (don't accept males) because these ladies were in the late 30's and 40's and starting up these crued sexual threads/updates on their pages expecting men to oggle at them, write back just as creudly and start a whole "what will u do to my body" kind of thing....like come on they must think they are the next best thing because they have the "cofnidence" to do this on a site....

These are the same women who speak openly about their marriages and children in the next post......

Do these women need to flaunt themselves and portray themselves in this way so that guys will tell them how gorgeous, hot and sexy they are to feel better about themselves?

Each to their own but if your down with that kinda theing then thats fine but NOT ON MFP.... there are girls of 16 on this site and seriously the majority of us are on this for support not do not want to log in and see mature women fluanting themselves openly to men that are obviously on this for that reason...

Google it and find a site that suits ur needs and quit lowering the tone of MFP.......

Your picture kinda takes away from your whole post....I have no problem with you having a suggestive picture, I just would have changed it before you got up on your soapbox.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options

Your picture kinda takes away from your whole post....I have no problem with you having a suggestive picture, I just would have changed it before you got up on your soapbox.
    Boom! Roasted.
    -wtk
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Theres nothing crued about my profile...

1) I dont speak about sex, threesomes, body parts and THEN in the next post speak about my children and husband...
    2) I don't flaunt my body parts all over MFP or worse still crop certain body parts for photos
    3) I don't accept males so my photos (2 of my face) are for my female friends who also aren't into the creudness
    4) I don't flirt with every male friend that adds me
    5) I don't start discussions on "fantasys" and let it get to the point of sleezy..

So for you to think my profile picture is "suggestive" then you have a lot to learn........
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I want a duck billed platypus
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    MSF:
    1) had a lewd, rude, crude or even deluded PM as a result of a forum post

I'll get to work on that then you sexy old goat
    Seaside:
    Good point

Flirting is fine if it doesn't make the other party uncomfortable, isn't excessively graphic, is posted in the correct threads, is regarded as banter. I'm sometimes guilty of pushing my own ruleset with some of the friends I have on Mfp - but I'm only here most of the time to log my stats, and make light hearted comments. I'm fortunate not to need the support aspects that Mfp can also offer, and I certainly don't think it's a dating site, (think I'd want my money back if it was :tongue: )

Some people will always take liberties on any site though, so if someone is bothering you, or making inappropriate public remarks - get the mods to handle it, that's what they're for. If that isn't the case, stop belly aching.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I don't think that anyone would suggest that bee-stung lips are raunchy by any means, but I totally understand where seasidebeachgirl is coming from. Let's review:
    Seaside states she has no problem with the picture, but would've changed it. I think what we have here is a nomenclature misunderstanding.

'Sexy' and 'raunchy' are not the same thing. 'Sexy' is loosely defined as, 'having sex appeal' whereas 'raunchy' would be loosely defined as 'tasteless' or 'classless.' I could build a Venn diagram of things that are both 'sexy' and 'raunchy,' but I won't waste time (and let's face it...can't think of anything on MFP that hits both).

My own opinion of your stance would involve an idiom regarding riding a tall equine, but I am sure that my opinion doesn't faze you (and I don't expect it to). I love the "stereotypes exist for a reason" argument, but not accepting friend requests on the basis of gender is pretentious at best and, more accurately, sophomoric. I don't care who your pictures are for, but if you are making demographic generalizations then I would counter with, "You have a lot to learn."

By the way, your profile picture *is* sexy. It has sex appeal. That is all.
    -wtk
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I don't think that anyone would suggest that bee-stung lips are raunchy by any means, but I totally understand where seasidebeachgirl is coming from. Let's review:
    Seaside states she has no problem with the picture, but would've changed it. I think what we have here is a nomenclature misunderstanding.

'Sexy' and 'raunchy' are not the same thing. 'Sexy' is loosely defined as, 'having sex appeal' whereas 'raunchy' would be loosely defined as 'tasteless' or 'classless.' I could build a Venn diagram of things that are both 'sexy' and 'raunchy,' but I won't waste time (and let's face it...can't think of anything on MFP that hits both).

My own opinion of your stance would involve an idiom regarding riding a tall equine, but I am sure that my opinion doesn't faze you (and I don't expect it to). I love the "stereotypes exist for a reason" argument, but not accepting friend requests on the basis of gender is pretentious at best and, more accurately, sophomoric. I don't care who your pictures are for, but if you are making demographic generalizations then I would counter with, "You have a lot to learn."

By the way, your profile picture *is* sexy. It has sex appeal. That is all.
    -wtk

Yeah...what he said...