Why flirting on MFP is a bad idea..

Options

Replies

• RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    Sorry about the last post, the quotes got deleted.. I'm getting tired..:yawn:
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    I am newly single, and excited about meeting Mr. right and enjoying life. Even though I've noticed some flirty remarkes on this site, It's still reeking with " Forget about dating signs" I have come to the conclusion that it's like "bathroom meet.com" When you're at your worst, trying to recapture the "better you" and you are staring your potential love in the face, Well what's romantic about that! Another way to look at it, we're in a factory being prepped and honed & transformed into wonderful, attractive, beautiful people. Just not done yet. Oh I know we're supposed to be beautiful as we are, I'm just saying...

Do you work for UPS? Well you keep checking out my package...

Do you think guys who use pick up lines think with their d*icks? You do? Well, can you blow my mind then?

HILARIOUS!!

You made me laugh when I wasn't sure it was even possible...thanks!

Listen, I get what you are saying (and no, I'm not drunk. Yet.) However, given physical appearance is only one small component of attractiveness I don't think there's any point waiting until you reach some mythical, magic goal weight. If you are single you are best off getting flirting quicker than a rat up a drainpipe (pardon the pun.) Perfect practice makes perfect.

And yes. I totally googled "bathroommeet.com"
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.
    I can't tell if you're upset that you've been flirted with on MFP but noone's asking you out on a date? Or you're annoyed that you've been flirted with, or not flirted with?

Thus, why I am confused. :huh:

I'm on MFP to get fit and healthy. I don't get your comment about people being here to transform themselves into wonderful attractive people--I already think my friends on here are wonderful attractive people, and I think I'm a wonderful, kind, attractive, smart, friendly, funny person--losing a few pounds isn't going to change that about me. :love: I don't look at MPF as a dating site, but if I happened to click with someone I talked to on here, I would not automatically reject it because that person may have "seen" me at my worst--it would be no different than if I met them anywhere else in my life. It's all about being open to the possibilities.

Now you have me confused.. you said on your profile that you want to; step out from behind the camera for a change and look good in front of it, but now your' saying you're here to get fit and healthy. So I really can't tell if you want to be healthy or just look good in front of the camera. Well I'm guessing it's a combination, so would it be fair to assume it's a combination of events that led the OP to say flirting on MFP is a bad idea?
    [/quote]

Well thanks for reading my profile page I guess lol...I can want to be fit and healthy AND look good both in front of the camera, where I used to hide behind it...it's not an either/or. But originally, yes, I wanted to lose weight...now I am training for a half marathon. Different goals...

But yeah I guess posting that flirting on MFP is a bad idea, means that it was a bad idea for you? not sure what you meant by the whole original post, guess I'm just confused still ;)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    I am married, but I get what you are saying. Before I was married some of the places some people would try to flirt...for that matter even after I was married...I mean really?!?!?!?! Come on...support and encourage me not hit on me! LOL!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    how-you-doin.jpg
  • Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    oh boy.....this isnt match.com

It's not? I'm outta here in that case. I thought there was something strange about this site.OMFG
    NOT MATCH.COM?????
    u know wat,done that it's crap,I love to flirt,I love to chat,I love it that people r honest(not like on match.com) I like that we see the worst and the best,I like all the cheekiness!!wats not to like,and if I get into something serious,well is up to me!!!(ps,all double entendres welcome!)
    So here is the the best site for all of the above reasons,ya get out wat ya put in!!
    Xx

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyMakeOver
    Options
    I flirt alot, but I'm fast.. you probably wont even see it...:bigsmile:
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    OK - so thank you ALL for this fantastic Sunday morning reading material :happy:

I laughed :laugh:

I cried :sad:

well I didn't really cry...

I learned some things :noway:

but I REFUSE to google bathroommeet.com for fear that my eyes will probably start bleeding
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh I know we're all beautiful! That's why we're trying so very hard to change what we look like...

I'm sure people join MFP for all kinds of reasons but many (most?) of us joined MFP to be healthier, not solely to change our appearance.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    There is no harm in flirting.....we are all grown ups. Plus it is a good vote of confidence to be complimented on your appearance. There are too many pretty girls though and too little time.... sorry if I missed some of you. :-)
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    Oh I know we're all beautiful! That's why we're trying so very hard to change what we look like...

I'm sure people join MFP for all kinds of reasons but many (most?) of us joined MFP to be healthier, not solely to change our appearance.

Oh a little bebe is just a few days! Congratulations!:drinker:
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am newly single, and excited about meeting Mr. right and enjoying life. Even though I've noticed some flirty remarkes on this site, It's still reeking with " Forget about dating signs" I have come to the conclusion that it's like "bathroom meet.com" When you're at your worst, trying to recapture the "better you" and you are staring your potential love in the face, Well what's romantic about that! Another way to look at it, we're in a factory being prepped and honed & transformed into wonderful, attractive, beautiful people. Just not done yet. Oh I know we're supposed to be beautiful as we are, I'm just saying...

It's why dating is forbidden in AA, if you think about it.

Debbie
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

It's why dating is forbidden in AA, if you think about it.

Debbie

I guess...if you equate becoming fit and healthy to getting off of an addiction. I understand for some of us that could be a valid comparisons. For the majority though...I think its something different.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Changing how I look is COMPLETELY secondary. I'm trying to avoid some health problems. I have always liked the way I look :)

Debbie
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Why this keeps getting brought up is a mystery to me.
    You have control of how you use and interact on this website,you can report any unwanted PMs when they happen and block the person sending them.
    To worry about how others act is just silly.
    As I have said before,the game threads hold no interest to me,the endless TOM threads to me are annoying but know there will be a new one or several a day.
    I just ignore them.

Sheesh.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    *cracks open the bathroom door and peeks out* sheesh, is everyone really still talking about this!

*goes back to having fun!!!*
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Oh .its not a dating site ! DAM IT ! and here was me wasting my money !

seriously for one min (YES I CAN DO THAT), it cant be any surprise to ANYONE that flirting happens because most people use the site cos they feel bad about how they look..................all of a sudden people start saying NICE things///////things that you might not of heard for a while, things like........ WELL DONE..........or YOU LOOK GREAT............. it only natural that people start to want that attention more and more.... that why people come on here all the time.

Flirting is human nature.............. if people dont like it or dont want it, if you come across it just say thanks but no thanks.

if you do like it..................... please pm me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    Oh .its not a dating site ! DAM IT ! and here was me wasting my money !

seriously for one min (YES I CAN DO THAT), it cant be any surprise to ANYONE that flirting happens because most people use the site cos they feel bad about how they look..................all of a sudden people start saying NICE things///////things that you might not of heard for a while, things like........ WELL DONE..........or YOU LOOK GREAT............. it only natural that people start to want that attention more and more.... that why people come on here all the time.

Flirting is human nature.............. if people dont like it or dont want it, if you come across it just say thanks but no thanks.

if you do like it..................... please pm me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never thought of it that way.. good point..:huh:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg

ROFL! :laugh:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg

ROFL! :laugh:

hahahahahah