Why flirting on MFP is a bad idea..

Options

Replies

• Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just randomly bump into someone in this mass expanse of the internet, and you just 'click.' Your sense of humor jives with one another. Your hopes and dreams coincide. Next thing you know, your conversations have moved from the mundane and scripted to the personal and profound. Unless you're on a site that's specifically sells itself as a dating/match/hookup machine, relationships just kinda happen without intention.

I'm no one to judge where couple's meet. I met my boyfriend/fiance/husbandthing of three years on World of Warcraft. Not on purpose. I didn't start start playing WoW to meet somebody. I play WoW because it's a fun game. Then I met Don. Out of the millions of people who play that game, we just randomly found each other. Conversations went from "Hey help me kill this thing" to "so how was your day" to "I think I love you." You can't plan that, you can't make that happen. 700 miles and 3 years later, I'm living in Ohio with a man that I could never have imagined.

So maybe MFP isn't designed to build relationships. But it happens. It can and does happen anywhere.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    oooiknow-1.gif pick me, pick me!!! lol flirtysmile1.gif

*These* are adorable!! I want 'em.

(Sorry but I'm hopelessly hetero, BTW.)

Flirting is flirting! Its fun, and harmless imo. As long as those involved are game, I say let's get it on! Regardless of preference!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Back off beerrunner!

Shes mine!

Its ok Babycakes......Im a sharing toughtful persoN! We would make a nice three's company episode!
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    :love: :blushing:
    Back off beerrunner!

Shes mine!

Its ok Babycakes......Im a sharing toughtful persoN! We would make a nice three's company episode!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Thats right beautiful......I know you want some of this awesomely tanned man! Youre looking hot in that new picture oyu just put up!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just randomly bump into someone in this mass expanse of the internet, and you just 'click.' Your sense of humor jives with one another. Your hopes and dreams coincide. Next thing you know, your conversations have moved from the mundane and scripted to the personal and profound. Unless you're on a site that's specifically sells itself as a dating/match/hookup machine, relationships just kinda happen without intention.

I'm no one to judge where couple's meet. I met my boyfriend/fiance/husbandthing of three years on World of Warcraft. Not on purpose. I didn't start start playing WoW to meet somebody. I play WoW because it's a fun game. Then I met Don. Out of the millions of people who play that game, we just randomly found each other. Conversations went from "Hey help me kill this thing" to "so how was your day" to "I think I love you." You can't plan that, you can't make that happen. 700 miles and 3 years later, I'm living in Ohio with a man that I could never have imagined.

So maybe MFP isn't designed to build relationships. But it happens. It can and does happen anywhere.

This is awesome...if only everyone were so lucky!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

:heart: Love this. :heart:
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg
    Panda Jack for President!!!!!!

I love this thread! I don't mind flirting at all! Flirt away anytime:glasses:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

*These* are adorable!! I want 'em.

(Sorry but I'm hopelessly hetero, BTW.)

Flirting is flirting! Its fun, and harmless imo. As long as those involved are game, I say let's get it on! Regardless of preference!

AMEN
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg

bwahahaha this is fantastic! :laugh:
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I-don%27t-always-flirt-with-women-but-when-I-do,-it%27s-not-over-Facebook.jpg
    its over MFP
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    This is why you are my friend :)
  • TheOddOne
    TheOddOne Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What in tarnation are you talking about ????? :huh:

P.S. It's not a dating site.....:ohwell:

IT'S NOT!?!?

;)
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wait. If this isn't a dating site... I quit!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options

ace
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Sometimes you just randomly bump into someone in this mass expanse of the internet, and you just 'click.' Your sense of humor jives with one another.

:blushing:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    For the record, flirting on MFP can be very, very good! :bigsmile:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg

I can't believe this thread is still alive...
    I now respond with a follow up to my previous post...

128887096688694977.jpg
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of flirting on this site in the few days I've been using it. It's makes me happy that I have a wonderful husband of many years, at my side, giving me love and support, I don't need to look for Mr. right. But if I were this is the last place I would look. when I see pictures of people in the bathroom snapping picture's of their half naked body, I think one thing, there are a lot of people on here that need to lose weight, But to those that do come here "looking" well more power to you, it's just gross to me.

Where's your mirror picture? I got mine up.

Got mine up too!!! Guess I'm gross
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    pancake_bunny.jpg

[/quote]

lmao- seriously the best thing I've seen in AGES!!