CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This morning when I saw that the challenge was stairs, I almost cried. I was in a car wreck 4yrs ago and my hip is severely messed up. At my old house we had to go up stairs to get into house, downstairs to get to my room, back upstairs to get to kitchen or living room and everyday I was downing pain meds and crying in agonizing pain... I never realized the stairs were the problem until I moved into a house with no stairs and was suddenly much better, but anytime I went up stairs at a friends house or something, id be in pain again...

I've been here 4months and avoided stairs for this reason.

So 1800 stairs seemed like a big problem for me. I sent a message to cowboy asking for a different challenge..but then told myself I should at least try and go from there if im in to much pain.

I just did 900stairs (half done on day 1 of challenge) and only a lil sore. I actually plan to do another 100 to 200 here before I go to work today! Now im crying not because im buckleing over in pain, but because by losing this much weight, and being more active, I have near fixed a" broken" hip that I thought would be an issue for the rest of my life.

Inspiring!!! YAY YOU for trying!!! 900 stairs on day 1!!!! you inspire me to match that tonight!!! AWESOME!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    well i would say i've already done it at work as i go up/down 4 flights regulary every day. But as this is a challenge i'm going to do them on my wii fit while dinner is cooking & log it as exercise :)
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just wondering since team explosive doesn't have a captain who do we report our challenges to?? I'm a tad confused lol.

I just have barely enough time to get my exercising in, so definitely don't have the time to become team captain :(
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Just did 400 on my rickety basement stairs, no zombies down there thankfully. I'll be doing more tonight. Go team Explosives!!!!!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This morning when I saw that the challenge was stairs, I almost cried. I was in a car wreck 4yrs ago and my hip is severely messed up. At my old house we had to go up stairs to get into house, downstairs to get to my room, back upstairs to get to kitchen or living room and everyday I was downing pain meds and crying in agonizing pain... I never realized the stairs were the problem until I moved into a house with no stairs and was suddenly much better, but anytime I went up stairs at a friends house or something, id be in pain again...

I've been here 4months and avoided stairs for this reason.

So 1800 stairs seemed like a big problem for me. I sent a message to cowboy asking for a different challenge..but then told myself I should at least try and go from there if im in to much pain.

I just did 900stairs (half done on day 1 of challenge) and only a lil sore. I actually plan to do another 100 to 200 here before I go to work today! Now im crying not because im buckleing over in pain, but because by losing this much weight, and being more active, I have near fixed a" broken" hip that I thought would be an issue for the rest of my life.

That is seriously touching. Way to kick *kitten* and conquer!
  • miw14
    miw14 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm only up to 120. I need to get moving! Do we only count the stairs going up?
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Team explosives: make sure you add both acowboykid and myself. You can report to either of us. You'll have a captain soon!!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options

Inspiring!!! YAY YOU for trying!!! 900 stairs on day 1!!!! you inspire me to match that tonight!!! AWESOME!

Its now 1200, I wanted to do 100-200 more but went to 300more!! In the pouring down rain outside my house, in my pajamas and flip flops LOL
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    480/1800 stairs done.

Excellent. :happy: Only 1320 Left for the week.

Go Team Explosives!
  • WinnieX
    WinnieX Posts: 67
    Options
    300 done! Hope my gym has a stairmaster for tomorrow!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    600 steps done! They were easier than I thought they would be. I was going to do them on wii fit but the board is only like 3 inches tall - so I went out and did my apartment stairs.

When we lived in an upstairs apartment before I called it mandatory exercise :)
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    480/1800 stairs done.

Excellent. :happy: Only 1320 Left for the week.

Go Team Explosives!

Another 320 stairs DONE. Which puts me at 800/1800.

Only 1000 more to go! Die, zombies, die. :laugh: (That's my evil genius laugh, btw! :wink: )
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    This is awesome! The story rocks, this is a very cool competition, I'm defiantly excited about this week and the upcoming weeks!

Thanks so much for letting me in and GO TEAM EXPLOSIVES! We're the bomb!

....ok, yeah, that was kinda corny. Anyways....Off to do some stairs!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    woop 300 done!!! Trust me it was no east feat when I had just returned from kettle bells :) but I done it - come on team explosives :) xxx
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    HEY ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!!

I just finished making the spreadsheets to log the weight loss as we go along, based on the teams and the weights listed by acowboykid yesterday. I am still missing a few starting weights so PLEASE MESSAGE ME if your starting weight is not listen on the official team rosters. THANK YOU!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I finally fount the correct thread. I made into a team. How exciting!!! I live in a 3 story townhouse, easy 300 steps per day. :)
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    435/1800 phew got as many in as I could before a much needed storm hit!
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    YAY! got my steps in today while watching The Tour De France, I used a step they use in aerobics class. I logged one step by going one, two (on), three, four (off). Hope this is correct.

Managed to do 1478 in my hour slot today and le Tour is on everyday so hopefully will be able to hit that number every day yay!!

Go team explosives!!!!!
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So excited about this. Love the story line..makes it more interesting and fun. I'll be posting my results most likely at the end of the day if you don't mind. Most of my workouts are after my kids are in bed. Looking forward to watching TV and doing my stair steppers. :) Go Team Explosives!!!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I spent an hour and a half in the gym today lifting weights. Unfortunately I didn't do any stair climbing. I'm going to have to do that at home later tonight.