103 lbs down and so close to goal! With pics :)

Options
risefromruin
risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
In January of 2010, at 260 lbs, I took the first step towards being a healthier me. My close friend asked me to be in her wedding, and I came to the realization that I would have to see a lot of people that I hadn’t seen in years, and I really didn’t want them to see me the way I looked. I had tried dieting many times before, but I gave up the fight before I had really seen any results. I started working out at home and doing the South Beach Diet and lost about 30 pounds in 3 months, just in time for her wedding. After the wedding I continued to be quite healthy, but all that came to a sudden halt when I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my leg. When I found out I had a blood disorder, working out kind of took the back burner as I wallowed in my sorrows for a bit.

I gained a few pounds back while not working out, but in July I decided to join the gym next to my work. I was sick of being unhealthy and I wanted to nip my health problems in the bud and prevent anymore bad things from happening to me. I started to love the gym, and an outgoing trainer there made it a point to talk to me every day. Finally I realized that I needed some help because all I really knew how to do was the elliptical! After using my first free session with her, I bought a 4 pack package and started meeting with her every time I seemed to hit a plateau (about every 2-3 months). With her help every now and then and with my sheer determination, the weight just kept coming off pretty steadily.

At the end of last year I was diagnosed with food allergies and I had to make an already restrictive diet even more so. It was a really hard change for me, not eating at restaurants or even fast food. But I really think I owe my food allergies to me being able to lose so much of the weight this year (I hate saying that, but it’s true, haha). I also had to have a kidney surgery in January but continued to push through all of the things that were happening to me to be a healthier person.

The point of this isn’t to tell you guys my life story. I just want people out there with recurring health problems, or those that have over 100 pounds to lose, to really believe that it CAN happen. Push through whatever is happening to you, because it feels so good in the end when you see what you’ve accomplished. I’ve lost 103 lbs and I’ve only got 17 more to go 

If I can give any advice to anyone it would be:
*To vary your work outs, don’t do the same thing every day for weeks on end…it won’t work. If you hit a plateau, get a new routine!
*Say no to fast food and most prepared foods. Make your own meals, it’s just better for you and you know it.
*Don’t worry about what your skin will look like after you’re done, you’d much rather be skinny than overweight. (this was, and still is, a very hard one for me)
*Allow yourself to snack. Dark chocolate is good for happiness 
*Deprivation is not the key, you’ll eventually crack anyway.

fatty2.jpg
Me on my 22nd birthday, just before I started to lose weight.

fatyfatyfat.jpg
Me at the wedding I was so worried about.

newme2.jpg
Midway through a 13 mile hike :) It's my new favorite thing to do now that I've lost weight!

newme.jpg
About to go out for the night. I wore this dress in my senior year of high school!

Replies

• KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Your pictures really made my jaw drop!!! You look AMAZING!!!! Such an inspiration.

I am concerned about excess skin when I'm at my goal -- is this something you're dealing with?
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOW. Way to go. Way. to. go. :)
  • Airplanedoc616
    Options
    Good side affect, you look way younger. BZ.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wow Amazing!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! Such motivation for people like me who have a long term, big goal. You look fantastic!!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, you look so good! Pretty dresses, pretty pics!
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OW OWWW!!! You look awesome! So SO SO proud of you, what a transformation. :D Fantastic job!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, you look like a completely different person!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WoW! What an inspiration. You look amazing
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Great job!! :)
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You have done so much hard work and persevered through hard times. Good for you and you look STUNNING!!!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome!!!! What a wonderful transformation. Congrats!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational photos and story. It's great to hear how you pushed through all the obstacles you encountered to reach your goals and be healthier. Congratulations! You look so happy and healthy.
  • novaroo
    novaroo Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow!! I was literally staring with my mouth wide open, so impressed!! Well done to you! Look beautiful!
  • janetaylor101
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!!
    I sat here with my mouth wide open for a good minute or so, too!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I was also going to ask if excess skin is an issue.. I have a bit of a problem with it.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You look beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC!!! way to go!!!!!!! beautiful, i LOVE the hiking pic!!!!
  • summer601
    summer601 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss......you look stunning!!
  • weallhaveastory
    Options
    Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!