Challenge of the Living Dead - TEAM EXPLOSIVES! [CLOSED]

Options

Replies

• scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Here's some fun zombie preparedness reading for you all this lovely Thursday! Its straight from the USA CDC on the topic of zombie preparedness!

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Enjoy!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Xxx princess hasn't done any yet, so the number u posted athena is correct.

Athena, there's a set of rules ur missing, she wanted u to post the rules regarding negativity, and such... I saw a post about it on the melee team forum.

I have I have done 300 :(

Sorry I just noticed this notice board

xxxx

Sorry sorry!! I was looking at a post on the other board and it said u hadn't done any so I just was following what it said. Good job on the 300!
  • annacataldo
    Options
    I stand by my choice of using pop its as my explosive LOL jk
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    How are you guys doing with the counting? I have 2 cheat techniques you can try if you keep losing count.

If you are using a stairwell count the steps and place a post it note on the wall when you get back to the bottom each time. Then you just do the math at the end.

If you are doing single steps inside the house grab a deck of playing cards. each step toss one to the floor. a deck with jokers is 54.

What have you guys been doing?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    By the way everyone, please stretch before and after the challenges, I'm feeling the strain on my right calf muscle.

If you know any great stretches to get rid of the stiffness, please share :)

I like the butterfly position.
    Also sitting on the ground with the stiff leg outstretched, flex and bend your foot then lean over and pull your to foot toward you.

Remember if your sore don't over do it! Stretch it out, take a break, try again later. This is a Competition but I'd rather we all be safe and healthy!

You guys are awesome!

Place your foot on the seat part of a stable chair with your heel off the edge, then slowly bend your other knee so your body dips a little bit. Ahhhhh.
  • annacataldo
    Options
    As far as counting goes, I have a set of 5 stairs. I was counting 1, 2, 3....and then when getting to 100 I was starting at 1...but noticed I started to forget if I had done 800 or 700, and having t stop to think about it...then when I was done dividing the number in two to just count up stairs and not down ones... now I go up stairs/down stais, that is one set and I say outloud 1 set, 2se , etc.. when Im done I take the final number of sets and x it by 5 to get the number up of stairs. I don't want sumthing where I have too stop and write something down cuz I run the entire time and don't like to stop. I will take breakss when im too sweaty, write down my number of stairs and then start my stair count over when I go back outside
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did another 480 stairs (up) today!

Tuesday: 400
    Wednesday: 320
    Thursday: 480

Total (so far): 1200/1800

Almost done! Yes! Gotta blow this joint and beat out the other teams! :tongue:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    I don't want sumthing where I have too stop and write something down cuz I run the entire time and don't like to stop. I will take breakss when im too sweaty, write down my number of stairs and then start my stair count over when I go back outside

Agreed- That's exactly why I did the post it thing - it"d kinda fun to smack them on the wall - like a victory smack. Then at the end I just peel off all the post it's and count and multiply by number of stairsup. :)
  • annacataldo
    Options
    1700/1800; had some spare time after my doctors appointment, before i had to go to work. Theres a staircase down town with 82stairs, so i did that 3.5x, and then still had more time so went to a church where i was suppose to pick my mom up from and decided to do some more while I waited, so the steps there was 9stairs, did those 22x.
    I have a busy evening, but ill do my last 100 to finish today; and then will do more through out the rest of the week to get extra credit.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How are you guys doing with the counting? I have 2 cheat techniques you can try if you keep losing count.

If you are using a stairwell count the steps and place a post it note on the wall when you get back to the bottom each time. Then you just do the math at the end.

If you are doing single steps inside the house grab a deck of playing cards. each step toss one to the floor. a deck with jokers is 54.

What have you guys been doing?

I'm taking advantage of my children. They are doing the counting for me, as well as doing the stairs. We go from the basement to the bedroom upstairs 10 times for a total of 320 steps. They have fun, burn calories as well, and keep track of the times we went up and down. I also did som hauling along the way, like taking the clean laundry upstairs and the dirty one downstairs. Does that give me extra points? :)
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    scantrll -- I do have instant!!!!! Thank you! (by the way, did you hear that Netflix is going to raise their prices, now to get both instant and 1 dvd at a time, its going to be about $16?)

Jennyisbusy -- I was in a lot of music classes growing up so I can keep a steady beat, I'll count my steps for the first minute and then I can loose count and just multiply my steps per minute with the minutes I just did to see where I'm at and how many more I should do to reach my goal. I know there is room for error, but my body automatically keeps a rhythm. Oh, and thank you for the stretch!

I'm preparing a post with tips from The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, a personal favorite book of mine, which I keep in my purse at all times, just so I can be prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse. It should be up soon!
  • athenawho
    Options
    Tips from Max Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide on my MFP blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/athenawho/view/challenge-of-the-living-dead-team-explosives-124913

Plus I added a little info about Explosives from the book :)

Enjoy.
  • miw14
    miw14 Posts: 43
    Options
    Maybe we should use a google docs spreadsheet to record our stairs.
  • athenawho
    Options
    miw14, I've been used "Microsoft Works" haha, its cheap but it gets the job done

Alright everyone, This is the midweek totals at the end of the day, please message me your totals like this:

Tues 300/0
    Weds 300/0
    Thurs 300/0

I'm trying to get totals on the days right because for some of you I am missing days but I have you totals.

When I get everyone's numbers I'll post the spreadsheet here. That way we can see everyone :)

Rock on, Explosives! Rock on!

...off to work :\
  • annacataldo
    Options
    Tips from Max Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide on my MFP blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/athenawho/view/challenge-of-the-living-dead-team-explosives-124913

Plus I added a little info about Explosives from the book :)

Enjoy.

Just to let everyone know. I am a phone user. the links are not links to me, they are just black text, not a hyperlink, and I can not copy and paste from my phone. Since this link was a blog and im friends with you athena, your new blog post was put on my status updates, and that was accessable to me :-) people on the other forum kept posting links like check out this page, and this, etc etc.. but I cant get to any of them. Its also hard for me to constantly be coming back to the forum, etc, cuz i dont get the best service and takes me quite awhile to go to my profile, then click on the blog posts, and then find this forum... Im sorry if Im ever slow at responding. Im trying.
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    hay guys any1 from nz or ozzy in our team coz ive confused the hell ut of my self i think im missing a day but i dont no lol
    what day did we start the challenge for our team?

thanks guys
  • annacataldo
    Options
    we started tuesday morning here in the west coast of united states; which may have been wednesday for you?? Im not sure. I wonder how they figure that out---if it was realized a certain day on one side of the world, and another time on the different side of the world, do the people in the later time zone get extra time to complete it?? lol

Athena, as I said on a message to you

Tues 1200
    Wed 0
    Thurs 600
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    ok so that means i started on wens!
    so jst to make shua ive got it right i done 1000 on wen and 1500 on thurs in nz

@ athena how you want me ta work it do it so im a day in front or the same as u?
    sorry guys still got a bit of ''baby brain'' lol
  • brokenxglass
    Options
    Tues/1000
    Weds/800
    Thurs/800

I plan on doing at least 1000 tomorrow.

I figure if we get a lot of extra, then we'll win the challenge for sure. The challenge is only 50% of our score though.

How are people going with their weight loss?
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    not shua on the weight loss yet hopefully be better on mon! wasnt to bad today but could be better!