30 Day Slimdown Challenge (Starting August 1st)

Options

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    30 DS today- I am kind of out of order because I'll take an off day when I don't have time to get my workout in. Until then I'll just get through the days.

Upped the weights for 30DS- 10 lb weights for as much as possible! :) Chair sits with v-flies, side lunges with arm raises... BOO to those!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Week #1, July 15th thru July 26th
    Victories:
    1884 cals burned
    4 real push-ups
    Bumped weight to 8 lb. for chest flys and back rows
    Only burned 150 calories with shred #1 which is down from the 180s, means that my heart is getting stronger
    Punching squats with 3 lb. weights

Week #2
    Day 9, July 27th, Shred #2...197 cals
    July 28th, HANGOVER Late night out with friends + vodka = No exercise and trash eating
    Day 10, July 29th, QTZ (even circuits)...224 cals & 50 mins. of C25K & dog walking...392 cals
    Day 11, July 30th, Shred #2...184 cals

Hi, all...looks like everyone is getting a good start and trying to fit in all the days.

Last week was just crazy and I missed the workouts everyday. I watched my sisters' kids for 2 days. Then, I went on vacation and got a horrible cold.

I already feel like I have lost some of the muscle gain and strength. I think it's just going to take a lot longer than I thought to get thru this program. I work from 3 to 11 tonight; so, I will hit it hard again starting tomorrow. I hope to feel lots better!!!

I leave for Chicago in 10 days and would like to maximize every single workout to look my BEST!!!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    30 DS today- I am kind of out of order because I'll take an off day when I don't have time to get my workout in. Until then I'll just get through the days.

Upped the weights for 30DS- 10 lb weights for as much as possible! :) Chair sits with v-flies, side lunges with arm raises... BOO to those!

WOW 10lb weights, you go girl!! I hate those v-flies and I can't do them with my 5lb weights, so I switch to 3 lbs and sometimes no weight at all when it comes to those. I know I am such a baby. LOL. ;-) Good job and keep it up!!!!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    thanks weez- I can use the 10 lbs for select moves. I still switch to 3 lbs for the v-flies too! I try so hard to use 5lbs but I just can't! The heavier weights make the lunges much more challenging too. You can really feel the difference!
  • weeziews
    Options
    Day 8 done - 30ds level 2. I'm a day behind now, so I may try to get in another workout tonight. I've doing other things so we will see how sore my legs are.
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Day 8 done - 30ds level 2. I'm a day behind now, so I may try to get in another workout tonight. I've doing other things so we will see how sore my legs are.

Great job- I'll be doing level 2 today as well. Good luck fitting in another work out day!!!
  • babygirl1795315
    Options
    July 26 DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    July 27 DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    july 28DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    July 29DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    July 30DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    July 31DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

Aug 1DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    Aug 2 DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    aug 3DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

Aug4 DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    aug 5DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    Aug 8DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Aug 9 DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

I'm half way through :smile:
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    babygirl- can't wait to be half way with you! great job! keep up the good work!

I knocked out level 2 today of 30 DS and boy I was sore! Tomorrow will be another great day!!!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing so great!!! I had edited my workout plan to accommodate me going camping over the weekend….but now I’m struggling to do any workouts at all lol. I’m hoping I can get myself to do one of Jillian’s workouts tonight to get me motivated and back on track with the Slimdown :) Keep up the great work you guys!!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    cmg- you can do it!! If you don't have a lot of time, just squeeze in a level from 30DS or QTZ. Any workout is better than none at all! You'll feel much better and so accomplished!

I made yesterday my rest day, my neck is super sore. I think I screwed it up sleeping. Stretching, icing and heat today than a nice workout.

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hard time lately with this slimdown. I was sick when I was going to start and that put me two days behind. I also got sick on Sunday and was couch bound all day. I don't know what has been going on lately so this was a push to get me to try a 3 day cleanse. Today is day 2 but I can still work out on it. :o) With starting two days behind I've also had to skip two days-one due to illness and one due to family coming in from Austria to visit where we were gone all day. We did do miles and miles of walking though but no slimdown that day (we took them to Valleyfair and the Mall of America). Hopefully I can get caught up by skipping the scheduled skip days because I won't need them, at least not now.

Great work so far everyone You are all doing so well!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    I did level 2 of the 30 DS last night. I used 5 lbs weights but definitely dropped lower in the lunges and crescent lunges. I can feel it today :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hard time lately with this slimdown. I was sick when I was going to start and that put me two days behind. I also got sick on Sunday and was couch bound all day. I don't know what has been going on lately so this was a push to get me to try a 3 day cleanse. Today is day 2 but I can still work out on it. :o) With starting two days behind I've also had to skip two days-one due to illness and one due to family coming in from Austria to visit where we were gone all day. We did do miles and miles of walking though but no slimdown that day (we took them to Valleyfair and the Mall of America). Hopefully I can get caught up by skipping the scheduled skip days because I won't need them, at least not now.

Great work so far everyone You are all doing so well!

The crud must be going around MN....I have been sick for one week and haven't worked out since the 30th...went to the Dells; but, no slimdow.

Thinking I am going to start fresh and new on Monday!!!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Banished Fat and Boosted Metabolism today! Kicked its butt- for the most part!

I always struggle with the walking planks and the knee crunches at the very end. The knee crunches throw me off balance. I'll work on them until I get them though.

How is everyone else doing? Where are you in the Slim Down and how are you feeling??
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm following the plan pretty good. I have had to move a few days around (needed a rest day before the schedule). I like changing workouts each day.
  • weeziews
    Options
    Well I have decided to mix up my workout schedule. I feel I really need to add Cardio. I'm losing inches and even seeing a difference in my body. I really want the pounds to come off, so I am going back to adding Cardio at least 3 days a week. I will still fit in Jillian workouts in but not 6 days. If anyone has suggestions, I welcome them.

I am also leaving this Friday for a 10 day vacation. I will get workouts in but I will be limited to what I can do and when. We are sharing a house with 18 people. Not sure I will be doing video workouts there. :). The house is on the ocean and there is a pool so I can swim, run, walk and will probably take weights.

I will still be checking in though.
  • RubyRed1999
    Options
    I took a rest day earlier in the week so today I did 30DS levels 2 and 3. It was a real workout for me.
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Bummer this thread cleared out. Best of luck to all of you ladies!
  • RubyRed1999
    Options
    Yea it got quiet, but I have the workout list and still making my way through it.:happy:
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been absent everyone! It did get really quiet on here. I unfortunately did not make it through the slimdown and haven't been able to log in for about two weeks. I did get halfway through but had something come up and also had no internet access. I will be starting this from the beginning shortly. Hopefully tomorrow! If anyone else is still going or is starting up let us know how you're doing!