*SAHMU PINK TEAM* ( CLOSED )

Replies

• holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Becky try this pink.jpg

But make the img small at the front and back of the link.
  • holli3586
    Hey ladies , Sorry i was gone most of last week due to friends in town .
    Just want to see how everyone did this week on the challenge ? I'm not going to lie i only weighed in and did the emontion part. Ugh i feel very bad but i'll work extra hard next week and doing my workout stuff today for sure. Hoping to go for a walk/jog but it's 108 here today. But i'm betting i didn't lose any weight since we ate out everyday they were here. My hubby and I said no more eating out for like a month lol.... Well hope you ladies are having a great week. :)
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    RECIPE:

*Glazed & Grilled Chicken Kabob W/ Brown Basmati Rice & Garlic Green Beans* (also in MFP recipe database if you want to look up)

360 calories per serving-

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Costco Frozen Chicken - Breast, Boneless, Skinless (4 oz), 1 serving (4oz.) 110 0 2 24 0 0
    Kikkoman - Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, 2 tbsp 30 6 0 2 640 6
    Fresh - Pineapple , 0.5 cup diced37100017
    Fresh Produce - Cherry Tomatoes-Raw, 2 ounces1420042
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia)2360122
    Nature's Earthly Choice - Basmati Brown Rice, 1/8 cup dry 85 19 1 2 0 0
    Vegetables - Green Beans - Steamed, 1 cup 34 8 0 2 1 2
    Garlic - Raw, 3 cloves1330120
    Pam - Cooking Spray - Olive Oil, 2 second spray1400000
    Spices - Pepper, black, 1 dash000000

Total: 360 54 3 32 650 19
    Per Serving: 360 54 3 32 650 19

* Note- Get the rice cooking before you start the beans or kabobs, as it will take the longest to cook.

Rice:
    Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of Brown Basmati Rice to pot and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, cover and reduce heat to low and Simmer for 35 minutes. When done, fluff with fork and serve.

Green Beans:
    spray sautee pan with PAM (turn stovetop heat to medium-low)
    coarsely chop Garlic and add to pan. When the garlic starts to "sweat" and the aroma fills the room, then add the beans and turn the heat upto medium. Add a dash of Sea salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir the beans until cooked. (10 minutes)
    (please note that the beans are fresh and not steamed or cooked before adding to the pan, that way they will still have that healthy crunch, but still cook through).

Kabobs:
    defrost chicken and cube into 1" pieces.
    cut fresh pineapple and cube into 1" pieces
    Marinate both the chicken and the pineapple in the teriyaki sauce.
    cube onion
    Take skewer and skew chicken, tomato, pineapple, and onion.
    Grill at 400 degrees, basting with left over sauce every time you turn the kabob, until done. (about 6-8 minutes)

*Serve Rice with the beans and a skewered kabob ontop. YUM! Also, a delicious twist is to chop the beans once they are done and add to the rice. It gives the rice the salt and flavor without having to add butter. Increase quantities as needed. Enjoy!
  • YAY!!!! it worked!!!! woohoo :) thanks holli.
  • holli3586
    YAY!!!! it worked!!!! woohoo :) thanks holli.
    Welcome.
  • holli3586
    Ladies we need to vote on the respices in our group to post one in the main group for voting. Please take time to look them over and vote so we can post it in the main thread tonight!! Thanks you Holli ...

Also i will be looking for your points for this week tomorrow also.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Okay so... voting for the recipe. We can't vote for ourselves, correct? If so, I vote for the Lemon Rosemary and Asparagus (YUM!) that was posted by MichelleLydia :)
  • holli3586
    Okay so... voting for the recipe. We can't vote for ourselves, correct? If so, I vote for the Lemon Rosemary and Asparagus (YUM!) that was posted by MichelleLydia :)
    I'm voting for the same.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    I'll vote for Tayla's!

Oh and I sneak peeked the scale.... tomorrow is gonna be a good weigh in!!
  • holli3586
    I'll vote for Tayla's!

Oh and I sneak peeked the scale.... tomorrow is gonna be a good weigh in!!

I dread tomorrow since i had friends here for 5 days and we ate out everynight. Plus hubby wont let me have the scale back yet i gotta hunt for it i guess.
  • MichelleLydia
    Well I'll add my points for the week:
    Cardio + jumping jacks x 4 = done
    Push ups x 5 = done
    recipe = done
    emotional challenge = done
    sleep at least 7.5 hrs = not done

4 points total.
  • holli3586
    Well I'll add my points for the week:
    Cardio + jumping jacks x 4 = done
    Push ups x 5 = done
    recipe = done
    emotional challenge = done
    sleep at least 7.5 hrs = not done

4 points total.

Great job.
  • holli3586
    So looks like the other 2 members haven't been on to vote or just haven't voted, so I'm not sure what to do. Either post the one that we choose or wait.
  • Tayla_Grant
    I say post it. The salmon looked like it will be delish!
    My stats for this week:
    Jumping Jacks xs 4= done
    push ups xs 5= done
    emotional challenge= done
    recipe challenge= done
    sleep 7.5= done (every night I got at least 9 hours-straight! halleluah!!)

5 points total if i'm correct. Can't wait for the weigh in tomorrow... i feel good, not sure if I lost any, but I feel great!!
  • holli3586
    Week 3 (can you believe it!)

A special thanks to Stacy (blue team) and everyone else who sends me ideas..Keep them coming.

Cardio Challenge: 45min X 5 days this week

Strength Challenge: Lunges 15 per day x 2 days and Crunches 50 per day X 2 days

Stretch Challenge:
    Stretch before and after every workout this week. Here is a site that has some great stretching examples, http://www.thewalkingsite.com/stretching.html

Water Challenge: 64 OZ of Water a day for atleast 4 days.

Team Challenge:
    Get to know your team: Each team member needs to read there teammates profile and make a comment on your team thread about them. Let your teammates know why they are great teammates or why they inspire you to try harder.

*Everyone is doing a great job! Keep up the great work!

We can do this!!! Go Pink Team... :)
  • MichelleLydia
    Just a heads up, I'll be on to do my weigh in tomorrow morning, and track my food and exercise. But I'm going camping first thing Thursday morning - late Friday (maybe Saturday) so there is no reception so I won't be on (or tracking my food/exercise) and I know it's gonna be junk food and booze (little sister's 21st birthday!) Kind of dreading it, because I know tomorrow I am going to be most likely ounces away from getting back in the 140s and I'm sure that I will gain weight camping :(
  • holli3586
    Week 2 points

Holli-2
    Tayla-5
    Michelle-4
    Mom2- 4
    Becky - MIA

Wtg Ladies.
  • holli3586
    Week 3 weigh in

144 lbs. still glad i didn't gain while friends where here....
  • holli3586
    Crunches and lunges DONE!!!! YAY.
  • holli3586
    Just a heads up, I'll be on to do my weigh in tomorrow morning, and track my food and exercise. But I'm going camping first thing Thursday morning - late Friday (maybe Saturday) so there is no reception so I won't be on (or tracking my food/exercise) and I know it's gonna be junk food and booze (little sister's 21st birthday!) Kind of dreading it, because I know tomorrow I am going to be most likely ounces away from getting back in the 140s and I'm sure that I will gain weight camping :(

Have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.