• shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I gained some of what I lost.
    I'm at 209.7 now. Stupid stuffed crust pizza... :mad:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing in at 201.6 today! I spent 3 hrs. this morning unpacking my classroom - my school was closed and our whole staff was moved to a new building together. Luckily, no jobs were lost! It's taking much longer than usual to set up my room, because of the unpacking, but it burns alot of calories!!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i've put on 2.5lbs this week, i've been under calorie and exercising and drinking water... just one of those tough weeks i guess
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    hotmomschartjuly25.png

Hi moms! I'm not sure what happened to the table line between our July 18 and July 25 weights, but you can figure out the difference! If I got anyone's weigh-in weight wrong, let me know and I will correct it. Next weigh-in is Monday, August 1st!! Nice job this week!:flowerforyou:
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    i've put on 2.5lbs this week, i've been under calorie and exercising and drinking water... just one of those tough weeks i guess
    Don't worry - everyone has weeks like that. It happens to me when I have too much sodium, or am nearing the TOM.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    thanks, nlsalvatore, here's to a better weigh in next week!
  • shelleilei
    Options
    Why Setting Mini Goals is Vital for Success c/o FitDay

When you have 20 or more pounds to lose, celebrating mini goals is a fun way to make sure that you succeed. Mini goals help mark the little accomplishments along the way that add up to your total weight loss. If you just set one long goal line in the future, it's easy to falter and lack motivation. Yet, when you set your sights on one mini goal at a time, you learn just how easy it is to succeed at your goals.

Reasonable Mini Goals
    When it comes to setting a mini goal for your weight loss plan, it's important to be realistic. Don't set a mini goal of losing a large amount of pounds in a short amount of time. In fact, your mini goals should largely be about things that you accomplish, not pounds that you'll lose. If you achieve your goal accomplishments, you should lose weight, anyway.

Some great mini goals include a certain amount of sets of weight lifting you'll be able to do within three weeks, maintaining a calorie budget for two weeks, working out for four times per week for at least thirty minutes or other easily measured, concrete fitness or weight loss goals.

Rewards for Mini Goals
    One of the reasons that people who succeed at losing weight also succeed with mini goals is that they give themselves non-food rewards for meeting each goal along the way. For instance, every two weeks, if you've met your short-term goal, treat yourself to something special, whether it's a night on the town or an hour at the spa. Make sure the reward centers around your happiness, not around food.

Keeping Track of Mini Goals
    Another reason that mini goals help dieters stay on the right track is that success is then measured and feels quite real. Without those mini goals to show you how well you are doing, it makes the long-term weight loss goals that much harder to achieve and that much further away.

To make sure that you reap the full benefits of mini goals, keep track of them in a journal. It could be a simple spiral notebook from the drug store, or you could invest in a beautiful journal from the bookstore that will inspire you. Whatever works for your tastes and budget is ideal.

Mini Goals Guiding Your Success
    Mini goals should be put in place as a part of an overall diet and fitness plan. Simply setting small goals every week with no long-term goals isn't good. You first should establish your long-term goal, then break it down into what you can do as a mini goal on a weekly basis to continue to push yourself a bit further at a time and motivate yourself to stay on track. Never berate yourself if you miss a mini goal. There are many of them, and you are likely to meet the next one.

tumblr_lnbhn22xB41qjfayao1_500.png
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Love that, Shelly!! It's so important to reward ourselves throughout this journey, not just when we hit our big goal. Sometimes, when you have lots to lose, it's easy to lose sight of that final goal because it feels SO far away. I know it does for me anyway.
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Shelly - thanks for the excellent post! It really hit home for me. When I think of the actual number of pounds I should lose to be considered at a healthy weight, it is mindboggling. When I joined MFP, I put my little slogan as 42 by 42, meaning I was aiming to lose 42 pounds by my 42nd birthday! Well, the birthday is coming up soon (August 8), and unless I drop 7 pounds between now and then, I won't be reaching that, but I am alot closer than I was back in January when I started!! After I reach that goal, I am going to change my slogan to 43 by 43, giving me another year to aim for losing 43 more pounds, which is totally do-able! I will also adjust my ticker when I get there, but putting 85 pounds to start was just way too overwhelming for me! I have a friend who says (regarding her goals) - no timeline, just get it done! - which I think is a great way to look at it!

I will also have to think about setting mini goals that are not weight related - that is a good idea.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM – ALL GROUPS UPDATE!!

Hello, future hot moms! I noticed no one was tracking the 10 separate groups, so I thought I’d jump in! Basically, I love to track ANYTHING, I was bored today, and I want to instill some friendly group competition. Here are the group totals from 7/25’s weigh-in:

GROUP 1 – Lost 14.7 pounds (6 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 2 – Lost 0.6 pounds (4 out of 7 members reporting)
    GROUP 3 – Lost 16.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 4 – Lost 11.7 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 5 – Lost 2.8 pounds (4 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 6 - No Check-Ins (0 out of 7 members)
    GROUP 7 – Lost 2.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 8 – Lost 2.8 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 9 – Lost 2.2 pounds (6 out of 9 members reporting)
    GROUP 10 – Lost 2.1 pounds (3 out of 4 members reporting)

GRAND TOTALS – 55 moms checked in, 55.9 pounds lost

Bragging rights go to Group 3 for losing the most weight! (Yay, team! That’s my group!!)

But before you get too excited, I also calculated the “% to GW” totals for each group. This is important, as there are major weight differences between each group with each member having a different amount of pounds to lose to reach her goal weight. I also could only calculate this percentage for the members who reported a GW. Here are the “% to GW” totals:

GROUP 1 – 2.62%
    GROUP 2 – 0.17%
    GROUP 3 – 6.3%
    GROUP 4 – 2.82%
    GROUP 5 – 0.36%
    GROUP 6 – No Check-Ins
    GROUP 7 – 1.46%
    GROUP 8 – 2.24%
    GROUP 9 – 1.18%
    GROUP 10 – 16.41%

Bragging rights go to Group 10 for the highest percentage!

Now you know how the other groups are doing.

Will someone please, oh please, adopt Group 6? I’d volunteer my group, but I’m not a captain.

Any suggestions for future updates? Did you find this helpful at all?? If yes, I can put all this info in an official chart and do it each week. Send me a message , and let me know! I included all the group names below, in case other captains want to check out what the other groups are doing….

Good luck with Monday’s weigh in!!

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • shelleilei
    Options
    koeniginhla: Thanks for doing that! I like checking out all the other groups (and ours) stats and whatnot.

For my Hot Moms: I want to set mini goals for our team each week so if you have any ideas of what we can post for our teams mini goals then please let me know. I'm thinking this week that our mini goal can be to workout everyday for atleast 30 minutes and hold ourselves accountable. I personally haven't been giving it my all so that is going to change this week! :tongue:

This weeks goal: Atleast 30 minutes of working out everyday.
    Remember: to weigh in tomorrow!

And here's a little something to help with the motivation part...

31 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise

“80 percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen

Post written by Leo Babauta. How do you find motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting off your butt? I ask myself this question every now and then, and I have the feeling I’m not the only one.

1-How you feel after a workout. I always feel great after a good workout. It’s a high. And I let that motivate me the next time: “You know how good you’re going to feel, Leo!”
    2-Time for you. While many people make time to take care of others (kids, spouse, other family, co-workers, boss), they don’t often make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “you” time a priority, and don’t miss that exercise appointment.
    3-Calories burned. If you count calories (and it’s really one of the most effective ways to lose weight), you know that the more you exercise, the more calories you burn — and the bigger your calorie deficit.
    4-Having fun. Exercise should be fun. If it isn’t, try a different kind of activity that you enjoy. As long as you’re moving, it’s good for you.
    5-How you’re going to look. Imagine a slimmer, fitter you. Now let that visualization drive you.
    6-Magazines. It motivates me to read fitness magazines. Not sure why, but it works.
    7-Cover models. Sure, they’re genetically freaky, and probably Photoshopped to look perfect. But for some reason, looking at how good a cover model looks helps motivate me to work harder.
    8-Blogs. I enjoy reading blogs about people who are into running, or losing weight. It can show the ups and downs they go through, and you can learn from their experiences.
    9-Success stories. I find the success stories of others incredibly inspirational. If a fitness website has success stories, I’ll almost always read them.
    10-Forums. Do the monthly challenge on the Zen Habits forums, or join another forum full of like-minded or like-goaled peopled. Check in daily. It really helps.
    11-Rewards. If you exercise for a few days, give yourself a reward! A week? Another reward. Do it often in the beginning.
    12-Fitting into new clothes. Wanna look good in a smaller size? Work out!
    13-Being attractive. That’s always a good motivator, as I’m sure we all know. Edited to correct language.
    14-Adrenaline rush. I get a rush when I exercise. Ride that rush to complete the workout.
    15-Stress relief. Wound up after a long day at the office? Get out and work off that stress. It makes a world of difference.
    16-Time for contemplation. I love, love the quiet time of exercise for thinking about things. Most of this post was written in my head as I exercised.
    17-A workout partner. Best thing I’ve done.
    18-An exercise class. Sign up for a class, perhaps with a friend, and you’ll be motivated to get there and work out.
    19-A coach or trainer. Worth the money, just for the motivation.
    20-An exercise log/graph. For some reason, writing it down is extremely important. Really. Do it for a week and you’ll see what I mean.
    21-Your before picture. You often don’t realize how far you’ve come. Take pictures.
    22-A 5K race or triathlon. Just sign up for one, and you’ll be motivated to train.
    23-The dread of feeling “yuck” from not exercising. I hate how I feel after not exercising. So I remind myself of that when I feel tired.
    24-Living long enough to see your grandkids … and play with them.
    25-The scale. It’s not motivating to weigh yourself every day, as your weight fluctuates. But if you weigh yourself once a week, you’ll be motivated to have it keep going down, instead of up. Combine the scale with the measuring tape, and measure your waist.
    26-Reaching a goal. Set a goal for weight, or your waist measurement, or a number of days to work out, or a number of miles to run this week. Setting and tracking a goal helps motivate you to complete that goal. Make it easily achievable.
    27-Posting it on your blog. Tell people you’re going to lose weight or exercise daily, and report to them. You’ll make it happen.
    28-Motivational quotes. I like to print them out or put them on my computer desktop.
    29-Books. I just bought a strength-training book as a reward. It makes me want to hit the weights!
    30-Others commenting on how good you look. When someone notices the changes in your body, it feels good. And it makes you want to work out more.
    31-An upcoming day at the beach, or a reunion. Nuff said.

tumblr_lloapaTkoe1qcir5go1_1280-1.jpg
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Hi Moms! A big thanks to Helen for showing how the groups compared! I like seeing how we are all doing. By the way, with 6 of our members weighing in, our group total for last week was 3.9 pounds. Sailingsal was away and therefore did not weigh in. This is motivating me to eat better at today's cookout than at yesterday's! I've been doing really well at all the summer events this year, but last night I made some lousy choices, and my stomach is a little queasy this morning, reminding me that I don't don't each large quantities of junk food anymore!! I still eat it when i'm in the mood, but I portion it out.

Sorry I have not been here much the past few days. We spent Friday at Hershey Park, a big amusement park in Hershey, PA, and yes, the home of the famous Hershey bars and Hershey kisses!! Yesterday we hosted a big family cookout since my husband's CA family was in town. Later this week, my Army brother and his family arrive for a week before they head to Germany for their next 2-3 year stint. Really looking forward to seeing them, as my brother only returned to his family in June after a year deployment to Afghanistan.

I was going to blow off exercise today, because I managed to pull muscles at Hershey Park and am really feeling it today. I pulled them in the armpit region, of all places, & you don't realize how much you feel it in that area even doing something as simple as walking! But, I am going to give my Wii fit a try, thanks to Shelly's challenge!! Thanks for the motivation!

Let's give it our best today girls, and don't forget to send your weighins tomorrow!
    Nancy
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Had a good week away camping but not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Wrecked my knee on wednesday and haven't been able to do much exercise since as struggling to weight bear on that leg! Hope it goes well for all for the weigh in in the morning.
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Sal - hope your knee is feeling better soon! Just do what you can.

I put in 35 minutes of Wii fit today!
  • shelleilei
    Options
    My weigh-in today is 204.4.
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Weighing in 200.9 - and I got 30 minutes of Wii fit in this morning! I'm getting back into my usual routine of waking up earlier to exercise. I had not been doing that as much the past few weeks of summer break. Have a great week!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    233.4 this morning

I'm in on the challenge! Surely I can at least do "Dance Central" for 30 minutes every day. The time flies when I'm playing that game :)
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    I'm in at 220 today :-( going to have to work really hard this month to lose waht i've put on!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Wow - Great week girls! 5 of the 7 of us have weighed in so far today, and the total loss combined is 9 pounds! Shelly is down over 5 lbs! this week!! Amber and Mindy are each down 2!! Fantastic!! Just waiting for 2 more weighins and I will post the updated chart! It might not be until tomorrow because we are having thunderstorms.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    Sorry it's taken me so long to get this done, was taken at a friends wedding a few weeks ago

282544_107801622649581_100002592327950_70600_6587057_n-1-1.jpg