Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom - Group 2 - CLOSED THREAD

Options

Replies

• nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am at 200 on the nose today! I am waiting on 2 more weigh-ins, and I will do the chart once I have them, or tomorrow morning, whichever comes first. Did we decide on a mini challenge for this week? How did everyone do with getting in 30 minutes of exercise last week? I made it every day except for 1, where I did 20 minutes. I usually do at least 30, but with spending time with the visiting relatives, I just didn't manage it the one day!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i didn't quite manage 30 mins everyday, what with travelling to a wedding but i did average out it over the space of the week

can't wait for a new challnge
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post this on Sunday night. This weeks challenge is to drink your water. Sounds easy enough but for me it's hard to get past 2 glasses of water.

tumblr_ln4p02UkdE1qiy0sxo1_1280.jpg
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot yesterday was Monday, my days are so messed up right now. My weight is still the same at 218. Im struggling a little bit with getting in the exercise. Im hoping to resolve that issue this week. Im looking forward to next weeks weigh in hoping for a little more that a one pound lost. Looking forward to this weeks challenge with drinking more water. Thats what I need to be doing!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    hotmomsaug9.png

Here is the chart for this week, with weights for everyone I heard from. Sal, I adjusted your goals as requested.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/8 Weigh-In

aJusp.png

It's been an interesting week, ladies! Three groups gained weight this week. I guess we can take comfort in knowing we're not alone, but it's time to re-focus and remember that every day counts!

I'd like to give a special shout-out to Group 5, who only had 3 members weighing in, but they lost a total of 8.2 pounds! WAY TO GO! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thanks for showing us how it's done.

Group 4 is also the leader of the pack. ALL members checked in this week, making them the ONLY group whose members have checked in every week since the challenge started. They also have the biggest numbers in total weight loss and % to GW. WAY TO GO!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've decided to stop tracking Group 6, since no members have checked in since July. There also are a handful of other members who haven't checked in since week 1. If the group captains decide to stop tracking them, let me know, as those numbers are effecting your "% to GW" group numbers.

Let's go, Hot Moms!!
    -- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    I find drinking water easy, as long as it's cold, so i always have a bottle in the freezer or fridge
    i refil a 1ltr water bottle with a sports type lid on it
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    For the water challenge, this may sound weird, but I have found that using one of those cups with the straw does it for me - I tend to drink more when using a straw! I keep my water bottle or cup with me all the time, and drink water when I am stopped at red lights.

I will not be around this week - heading off to vacation before school starts up again - here in PA we don't start until the end of August. I am a teacher, and have logged many hours already in getting the room organized! Have a great week all, and make good choices! Shelly will be doing the chart this week, so post your weigh in here or PM her.

Here is my question for all of you moms, especially moms of school age kids! My kids are 10 and 6, and between working, homework, and their activities, life can be crazy. Despite my good intentions, I often find myself walking in the door and before my coat is off, I am asked, "What are we going to do for dinner?" Most of the time, I have no clue!! Not the best way to eat healthy, and we end up ordering out or doing fast food WAY too often. My goal is to change that this year through better pre-planning. Any suggestions? Help!!
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I tend to cook in bulk at weekends and freeze stuff. Like tomato sauce for pasta, chilli and bolognese sauce. SO they are easy to grab and reheat and faster than take out.
  • mindyrenee81
    Options
    Hello! Its Monday again and Im down one pound this week. Weighing in at 217, Im hoping for more than a one pound loss for next week since the kids are back in school!
  • sailingsal
    Options
    HI. I'm down a pound too. Now at 208 lbs. School starts on Wednesday so hoping that will help. As will have more time to exercise and school runs to do.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i'm 217 too but 2lb down for me

i wish the kids went back to school this week, 3 weeks to wait here yet
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    230 today. Ugh. My losing has slowed so much lately!
  • shelleilei
    Options
    Alright all you Hot Moms, here's the chart for the week. Also, this weeks challenge will be PUSH-UPS. Let's start off with 10 a day.
    They can be the real kind, on your knees, or even against a wall.

hotmommm2.jpg
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, 8/15 Weigh-In

We’ve “whittled” down our numbers, ladies! We started out with 74 members on July 18. Now, 4 weeks later, we are down to 60. A couple of group captains dropped inactive members (those who haven’t checked in for 2 or more weeks). One member is also celebrating a pregnancy and is no longer being tracked.

Check out our weekly update below:
    Hm60F.png

No group gains this week, and that’s a large improvement from last week! Yay, Hot Moms!!

This chart is SO condensed that it’s difficult to see the personal progress members are making. After 4 weeks, I thought it would be helpful to provide some performance feedback. Let’s use these numbers to better understand where we are and to help us get to where we want to be.

First, let’s recognize the 16 moms who are on track to reach their 12/31/11 goal weights. (Chart organized by group #.)
    hp8bb.png

Special Shout-Out to :flowerforyou: swimmom2 :flowerforyou: for reaching 50% already! You’re half-way there!!

There are also 19 moms who are 50-97% towards their 12/31/11 goal weights. Here they are below:
    grdIj.png

That leaves us with 25 moms who are 0-49% towards their 12/31/11 goal weights. No reason to list them – they know who they are. :tongue: This includes me, Hot Moms.

To give you my numbers, my SW was 199.0, and I have lost a grand total of 1.8 lbs since July 18. If I continue down this path, I will lose a total of 10.4 lbs by December 31, which is only 28% of the weight I need to lose to reach my GW. Considering this feedback, I have 2 options: (1) Change my 12/31/11 GW to 188.6 so I can be on track to reach my GW, or (2) Kick it up a notch, eat clean, exercise hard, and start losing more than a pound a week so that I can get to my original 12/31/11 GW. For me, I choose option 2. These past 4 weeks were hard, due to family outings and sickness, so I’m hopeful my numbers will improve. I recognize that there are just under 20 weeks left in the year. I only need to lose 1.6 lbs a week to obtain my GW, so I believe it’s still possible; therefore, my GW stays the same (for now).

Now take a moment to review your numbers. Are you on track? If not, do you want to adjust your 12/31/11 GW? If yes, don’t sweat it! It’s all about using this feedback to help you get where you want to be. Remember, there is no such thing as failure – only feedback; only results.

Let's go, Hot Moms!!
    -- Random Rambling Hot Moms (Closed)
    Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control
    Group 10
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Thanks Helen! Quite the info.! I will be back from vacation tomorrow! Way off on this week's challenge, since iI only read it today! Great job this week girls! I think I was the only one who went up, and it's only by 6/10 of a pound, so I'm not freaking out! Now, I AM worried about this upcoming one - TOM plus 5 days at the beach is making me nervous!
  • nlsalvatore
    Options
    Hey mom friends! Hope you are all doing well, as kids get ready to head back to school. I am a teacher, and have two inservice days and my school's Meet the Teacher Night this week, then students start on Monday, and my own kids go back to school on the 30th. They will be in 1st and 5th grade! Well, I was up 2.7 pounds after vacation - vacation plus TOM was not a great combination. BUT - I am back down and weighed in today at 199.6! I did it twice because I did not believe it! Don't forget to weigh in today! :flowerforyou:
  • shelleilei
    Options
    I weighed in at 200.2 today.
  • mindyrenee81
    Options
    Hello! I have gained this week:sad: I think that its due to TOM. Im weighing in at 219.
  • sailingsal
    Options
    I'm still 208 today. Ate too much while writing an essay that was due in on wednesday and Was at a wedding at the weekend. so lots to eating, and ceilidh dancing too.