Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    I've been following for the last few days and am very interested in joining too! What do I need to do? This is the coolest idea and it sounds like you all have such fun!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting much as I have had a disapointing revalation I found that the scale that I have been using is at the Dr office is off by 10 lbs. I weigh in everywhere else at 258 instead of what I thought from the Dr. was 247.9 the weight I started with when I set up all of my information is not correct. I will be making changes to my signature to reflect the changes. I can now use my home scale as I have confirmed that it is correct, much to my disapointment. I will be able to weigh in weekly.

Well, now you know and you know what you are working with. Any pounds you lost were still lost. Don't let it get you down. You are doing great!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    New joiners!!!

Give me your goal weight for October 1st (you can post it here), any weight you have from this past week (or your current weight), and check in tomorrow for the new OWL and NEWT challenges for the week.

Post your weights and House Points and OWLs/NEWTs here anytime from Friday to Monday each week. Read this week's challenges on page 12 of this thread if you'd like to squeeze some OWLs/NEWTs in before the end of tomorrow :)

Welcome to Gryffindor!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Please help!

I am sorry to admit I am lame but how do you get those cute little pictures in your signature? I have tried copying and pasting and it didn't work. I really want a Gryffindor symbol and a couple other things.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I haven't been posting much as I have had a disapointing revalation I found that the scale that I have been using is at the Dr office is off by 10 lbs. I weigh in everywhere else at 258 instead of what I thought from the Dr. was 247.9 the weight I started with when I set up all of my information is not correct. I will be making changes to my signature to reflect the changes. I can now use my home scale as I have confirmed that it is correct, much to my disapointment. I will be able to weigh in weekly.

Well, now you know and you know what you are working with. Any pounds you lost were still lost. Don't let it get you down. You are doing great!!!

Exactly! Don't worry, you've still accomplished a lot!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I'm going to try to remember to repost this each week as a reminder, but here is a link to my blog with the official Inter-House Challenge rules:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

Check back here tomorrow for our Gryffindor specific challenges for this coming week!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Please help!

I am sorry to admit I am lame but how do you get those cute little pictures in your signature? I have tried copying and pasting and it didn't work. I really want a Gryffindor symbol and a couple other things.

You need to post the picture somewhere online (I usually just put it on Facebook), then find the url for the pic. On Facebook I have to right click it and copy image url.

Then, put this in your signature: insert picture url here

(obviously changing the insert pic to the url text WITHOUT SPACES ANYWHERE, and change the IMG to lowercase img). It should work.
  • starjam25
    Options
    I don't have much to lose but what I have likes it right where it is and doesn't want to leave! By Oct 1 I want to get to 135! (which I've been trying to reach for months now!) What I'm really looking forward to is the encouragement and motivation to get moving more!!! This silly flabby tummy and underarms have just got to go and the only thing that works for them is moving!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Happy Sunday Gryffindors!

My goal is to stay on top of things way better than I have been, but unfortunately things are a little jumbled here at the start of our Inter-House Challenge. Just to clear some things up:

Weigh-ins are going to be a little more strict during the Inter-House Challenge to keep things fair. You can now weigh in anytime that works for you between Friday and Monday of every week. I will remind you guys before and during the weekend, and through Wednesday mornings, but if you don't get your info posted before that, you won't be counted for that week. It's just to keep things moving.

If you don't weigh in one week, your weight for the next week won't be counted because the percentage will be skewed. You MUST weigh in at least 2 weeks in a row for your loss to be counted for the Quidditch Match each week.

***If you miss the deadline to be counted for that week's challenge, but still send me your info before I have to calculate the next week's percentages, your percentage will be counted for the next week's Quidditch Match.

I'll give you guys reminders via my news feed a LOT and one message per week if you forget, but if you would rather drop out please let me know. If you don't reply for 2 or more weeks, I'll take you off the list (temporarily) but you're free to message me or post in the Common Room if you'd like to jump back in!

Feel free to post in the Great Hall to chit chat or share things with the whole school, but please still post all your weekly Gryffindor-related info here in the Common Room each week.

Info I need from you every week:
    CW: Your current weight for this week (and last week's weight if you forgot to post it in time)
    OWL/NEWT: All your earned OWLs/NEWTs from exercise and food challenges (separated or together, your choice) from the week
    HP: House Points earned from ALL exercise minutes (cardio and/or strength)

***If you don't post your points, I will remind you in a message once per week, but if you don't send them to me or post them, I'll assume you have none. I'd hate for you to have worked hard for them not to be counted!

I'm so glad to have every single one of you in Gryffindor with me. You're all awesome, and I'm proud of all the hard work you give to our House!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Sorry for the millions of posts, but since we're going to start checking in for our first Inter-House Challenge tomorrow, I want to get organized.

DID YOU MEET YOUR GOAL FOR SEPTEMBER 1st?

If yes, good for you! That's super!

If no (like me), do you want to update your Goal for October 1st? If so, please post that with your weigh-ins this week. If you don't, I won't change it.

I NEED YOUR WEIGHTS FOR THIS WEEK FOR YOUR WEIGHTS NEXT WEEK TO COUNT!

I haven't heard from these people this week (and since it's so late in the week I won't be messaging people until it's time to for next week):

Nekoashi
    Roonilwazlib
    UnoDiamante
    MissJaeda
    Juliebean_1027
    Punk_Mama
    Deepakris
    BioQueen
    Jadery24
    Bethmakesmusic
    Sephetlia
    Randomgyrl
    Pixycats
    Brittanyjeanxo
    Middleofseven
    Lojoend
    Farrellb2
    La_nanita
    KristiMW72
    Starjam25

Give me your weight from this past week (as close to 8/29 as possible) if you have it, and your goal weight for October 1st if you haven't already. And also any House Points or OWL/NEWT points. The House Points don't count towards the Inter House Challenge until this coming week, just fyi.

I'm not posting the chart this week because I mismanaged my time and now I don't have time to, but our Prefects based on those that checked in are:

MindyBlack for weight lost
    and (a 4-way tie) Kelsue35, Veganbaum, Middleofseven, Missb92 for House Points!

Great Job everyone!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    this is probably a silly ? but i have to ask. i cant find my tape measure to measure myself so do ya think that if i took a string and measured around my waist hips butt then held it against a regular tape measure it will be the same as if i was using my normal one?
    like i said probably silly ? but want to be sure
  • starjam25
    Options
    I think this is what you need as of 9/4:

CW: 138
    GW: Oct 1 = 135
    OWL/NEWT: None (I’m a newbie, will get on program starting today)
    HP: 40 minutes of cardio!

GO Griffies!!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    this is probably a silly ? but i have to ask. i cant find my tape measure to measure myself so do ya think that if i took a string and measured around my waist hips butt then held it against a regular tape measure it will be the same as if i was using my normal one?

Not silly at all! Actually, it's a great suggestion to those of us (like me) that can't find our tape measure. That's what I"m going to do.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I think this is what you need as of 9/4:

CW: 138
    GW: Oct 1 = 135
    OWL/NEWT: None (I’m a newbie, will get on program starting today)
    HP: 40 minutes of cardio!

GO Griffies!!!

That's great! Don't worry, this week's challenge ends today and the new one will be posted tonight, so you're not really behind.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Definitely not silly! I'd totally do that (and I have in the past).
  • lojoend
    lojoend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok I weighed at work on Friday (9/2) for our office challenge.

CW: 192
    OWL/NEWT: I didn't keep up with them this week :(
    HP: I exercised yesterday but didn't count it. I will do better next week.

My goal for October 1st is 185.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    So I saw in the Hogwarts room that Gryffindor was still accepting students for the upcoming school year. If so, I would really love to become a Gryffindor. I am a huge HP fan!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    So I saw in the Hogwarts room that Gryffindor was still accepting students for the upcoming school year. If so, I would really love to become a Gryffindor. I am a huge HP fan!

Welcome! Read this. Near the bottom there's a list of what I need from you to get started :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/the-guide-to-being-a-successful-gryffindor-144313
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    How exciting! My first year at Hogwarts! Looking forward to getting to know you all and of course winning the house cup.

CW: 176 (as of last Monday)
    GW: 170
    Owls/Newts: None- can't wait to jump into next week's!
    HP: 120 (for today)
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    its t-storming here so gonna turn off my computer will send my inches in the am unless it stops before i go to bed. my owls and newts too!