Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Love the badge! And very motivated to want to keep it! :) Been working hard on the OWLS and NEWTS this week!
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just joined Gryffindor - I'm so excited to do this!

I had a question, when does the week usually end/start?
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! This is my first weigh in:

Female age 23, height 169cm

75.1kg

Today I did 70mins exercise for House Points, yay!

10 Burpees = 10 OWL points
    5 NEWT points for eating fruit instead of cookies!

Am I doing this right? Go Griffindor <3

xxx
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah... this is open?! How do I get in on this?! I thought it was closed!!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Love the badge! And very motivated to want to keep it! :) Been working hard on the OWLS and NEWTS this week!

I see you liked the same shield. I think it's hilarious (though I don't consider myself or any true Gryffindor to be an attention hog), just gives me a laugh every time I read it.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Just joined Gryffindor - I'm so excited to do this!

I had a question, when does the week usually end/start?

We Gryffindors usually weigh-in on Mondays, but read the links in my signature for all the official rules :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Woah woah woah... this is open?! How do I get in on this?! I thought it was closed!!

Read the first link in my signature, and get started! Welcome!!!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 175.4 lbs (From this Monday)
    And Goal Weight for End of September: 173.5 lbs

I will weigh in on Mondays (and have my exercise count by then as well). Can't wait to get started on next week's challenges!!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    So it's now Friday and I should have asked this long ago but what is everyone logging their burpees as? I have been logging them as calisthenics. Is that right?
  • lojoend
    lojoend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Check In!!!!! I weighed in this morning - here are my stats:

Weight - 191.1 (loss of .9 lbs) YAY!!!!
    OWLS - 0
    Newts - 5
    HP - 445

This is an extremely busy and stressful time for me as an accountant (Sept 15th deadlines) and as a photographer (football season). So just being able to lose weight while under so much stress is an accomplishment for me. :)
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Check In!!!!! I weighed in this morning - here are my stats:

Weight - 191.1 (loss of .9 lbs) YAY!!!!
    OWLS - 0
    Newts - 5
    HP - 445

This is an extremely busy and stressful time for me as an accountant (Sept 15th deadlines) and as a photographer (football season). So just being able to lose weight while under so much stress is an accomplishment for me. :)

WTG every little bit counts
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    So it's now Friday and I should have asked this long ago but what is everyone logging their burpees as? I have been logging them as calisthenics. Is that right?

I have not done many, but that is what I am logging them as too.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

That's what I've been doing too, except for when I throw them into my circuit training.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    I did my burpees during my lunch at work. I went into an empty office, closed the door and set out my yoga mat. I did maybe 3 of them.... by then I was slowing down, and my form was less then perfect plus my sort of short skirt kept getting in the way. And of course that's when someone had to walk into the office! Yep, that's one of those embarrassing work moments that people will laugh about at this years Christmas party!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

That's what I've been doing too, except for when I throw them into my circuit training.

That's what I log them as, too.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I did my burpees during my lunch at work. I went into an empty office, closed the door and set out my yoga mat. I did maybe 3 of them.... by then I was slowing down, and my form was less then perfect plus my sort of short skirt kept getting in the way. And of course that's when someone had to walk into the office! Yep, that's one of those embarrassing work moments that people will laugh about at this years Christmas party!

That is HILARIOUS! The things we do for fitness :)
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Very FUNNY! But you can pat your self on the back, because you went out of your way to be healthy!! I know that all I do during lunch is play on the computer and eat. I should try to take a page out of your book.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options

Very FUNNY! But you can pat your self on the back, because you went out of your way to be healthy!! I know that all I do during lunch is play on the computer and eat. I should try to take a page out of your book.

Normally, that's what I do except on my phone! It's only since I started this challenge that I changed my normal. I just think next time I'll have to lock the door!!
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm a new Gryffindor.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Are we ready for Week 2 of our Inter-House Challenge?!

You all gave us some awesome starting numbers for September, and we'll get to see the results from all four Houses after check in this week!

I apologize for not getting the challenges out before Friday this week, I've been a little disorganized and I just forgot I meant to do it! Most of us check in on Mondays, but I want those of us that might need or want to check in earlier than that to be able to do so.

If anyone needs a refresher on any of the rules for Hogwarts or just Gryffindor, check out the links in my signature.

Remember, House points are earned by minutes of exercise (strength and cardio workouts) and go towards earning us the House Cup at the end of September! OWLs and NEWTs as well as weigh-loss percentage will decide who the Gryffindor Prefects are each week!

Our OWLs and NEWTs this week are as follows:

OWL: Plie Kicks (http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Do-the-Plie-with-a-Kick-Exercise-230509508).

There won't be caps on the points you can earn for OWLs, so do as many as you can without hurting yourself. They seem pretty low impact, but if you need a modification or at least an alternate option let me know! Use whatever size weights you're comfortable with, and if you don't have any, you can use filled up water bottles or cans of soup or veggies. Be creative if you have to :) You will earn 1 OWL for every Plie Kick you complete.

NEWT: Replace one sugary drink (soda, coffee with creamer, kool-aid, etc) that you would normally drink in a day with a glass of water at least once per day. You earn 5 points for every day you do this at least once (7 days x 5 points per day = 35 points max).

If you don't drink a lot of sugary drinks, make sure to meet your water goal every day this week. At least 8 glasses is recommended, but if you normally drink 15 glasses a day at least, make that that your minimum to earn your 5 points for the day.

***Don't forget to check in no later than the end of Monday! If you don't you will get a reminder message from me. If you don't respond for 2 weeks in a row, I'll take you off the list temporarily. If you'd like to come back just let me know!

***Also, don't forget that you can only report numbers for 7 days no matter what day you decide to check in!

Good luck this week, my awesome Gryffindors! Let's really rack up those points so we can get ahead! :)