Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    cant wait to get started!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to ask but I assume we do both legs to count as one. Sort of like we did the cross over crunches, one on each side was a count of one.
    This looks like a really useful exercise that I haven't seen before.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to ask but I assume we do both legs to count as one. Sort of like we did the cross over crunches, one on each side was a count of one.
    This looks like a really useful exercise that I haven't seen before.

You're absolutely right! One right + One left = One rep.

I think they're based off a ballet position. I vaguely remember that from childhood :)
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    9/11 Sunday
    CW: 137.8
    GW: Oct 1 = 135
    OWL/NEWT: 70
    HP (excercie minutes) = Monday to Sunday = 345

Just a 0.2 weigh loss. :-( But I"m okay with that because I've been slowly increasing my weight for the last few months, so even a little loss is a good thing! Thanks Bronenhilary for all your work and ideas and encouragement! This is the first time I've had fun while trying to lose weight!

Go Griffies, Go!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options

NEWT: Replace one sugary drink (soda, coffee with creamer, kool-aid, etc) that you would normally drink in a day with a glass of water at least once per day. You earn 5 points for every day you do this at least once (7 days x 5 points per day = 35 points max).

Goodness.... this one will be a REAL challenge for me, I love my diet coke (breakfast, lunch and dinner!)! I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.... Come on everyone, I need major encouragement for this one!
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    CW: 74.5kg
    GW: 71kg Oct 1st

OWLS: 10
    NEWTS: 25
    HP: 230

Sorry, I joined half way through last week, so didn't really follow through with OWLS, but did make an effort with NEWTS. Had a 0.6kg loss since my last weigh in, so yay! Looking forward to completing this weeks challenges!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Check in time!

SW 182
    CW 180
    Weight loss 2 pounds

Last week I had OWLS and NEWTS backwards, I guess but it all works out the same.
    This weeks NEWTS (food challenge) =30 points
    OWLS (Burpees)= 640
    Total OWLS/NEWTS=670
    House points=827

Gotta run and do some Plie w/ kick thingies.
    Have a great week my fellow Gryffs!!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    CW: 155.4
    GW Oct 1st: 150

OWLS/NEWTS: 20 -- I did pretty bad with exercise challenge this week!
    HP: 90

So exercise wasn't too good this week but food wise was pretty good. I managed to lose almost all of my binge gain from last week so YAY! Hope to do even better this week :) Best of luck guys :drinker:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Thanks to TOM finally leaving, I lost 1.8lb this week, and now weigh 123.2lb! :bigsmile:

30 NEWTS - Happy with the way I managed this one, loads of fruit, different sorts too which is even better.

25 OWLS - Didn't really get into this exercise, sort of forgot to do them after a few days, sorry.

958 HOUSE POINTS - That's over two hours a day. :smile:

GOALS
    Start of September 127
    Start of October 124

WEIGHTS
    25th July 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5
    15th August 127.9
    22nd August 127
    29th August 127.3
    5th September 125
    12th September 123.2
  • kelsue35
    Options

NEWT: Replace one sugary drink (soda, coffee with creamer, kool-aid, etc) that you would normally drink in a day with a glass of water at least once per day. You earn 5 points for every day you do this at least once (7 days x 5 points per day = 35 points max).

Goodness.... this one will be a REAL challenge for me, I love my diet coke (breakfast, lunch and dinner!)! I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.... Come on everyone, I need major encouragement for this one!

i used to drink a lot of mt dew. if i can do it YOU CAN DO IT!
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    SW: 154.2

GW Oct 1: 145

Week 2: 157.6
    Week 3: 155.2
    Week 4: 157
    Week 5: 158
    Week 6: 161
    Week 7: 158.6

Had a hectic week and didn't get to any of the challenges. Must do a better job this week!
  • kelsue35
    Options
    GOOD MONDAY MORNING! time to measure!!!

start: w 33 h 38 b 40
    aug 29: w 32 h 35 b 361/2
    sept 4: w 311/2 h 341/2 b 36
    sept 12: w 31 h 34 b 36

only lost 1/2 inch on my waist and hips but every little bit counts!

newts: had fruit every day so 30 pts!!
    owls: kicked some butt with 210 burpees!!! wasnt easy but started with 15 on monday and added 5 per day after that. got easier as i went on but glad they are done lol

minutes of exercise for house points is: 1615! (to much time on my hands not being at home from wed til sunday afternoon, maybe i should go stay with family more often lol)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Check in time!

SW 182
    CW 180
    Weight loss 2 pounds

Last week I had OWLS and NEWTS backwards, I guess but it all works out the same.
    This weeks NEWTS (food challenge) =30 points
    OWLS (Burpees)= 640
    Total OWLS/NEWTS=670
    House points=827

Gotta run and do some Plie w/ kick thingies.
    Have a great week my fellow Gryffs!!

WOW, you did 640 Burpees (1 point per burpee)? That's incredible!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Baby steps! You can do it :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Those of you that have checked in so far are blowing me away! Great job, guys!

CW: 257.6
    OWLS: I didn't get to these, which I'm actually mad at myself for. I'll do better this week!
    NEWTS: I did this 3 days so 15 points!
    HPs: 189! A big improvement, but I can do better :)

Let's keep those awesome updates coming, Gryffs! I love it!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    CW- 180.4
    NEWTS- 30
    OWLS- 135
    House Points- 590
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job Gryffindors with all your exercise minutes and burpees!! That's awesome!!!
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Check-in time!
    Weight: 211.25 (down from 212)
    House Points: 45
    OWLs: 8
    NEWTs: 5

And a NSV - I'm wearing a skirt that I haven't been able to wear since last fall. It's a pencil skirt and until today my waist and hips were too big to allow me to wear it. I tried it on this morning for grins and it fits perfectly! Woohoo! I love shopping in my closet.

Related to this is that the two skirts I bought at the outlets in OBX are too big for me now, and I'll need to get them tailored to fit me! I think I'm gonna wait a bit though. They're really winter skirts, being dark grey (almost black) and dark brown, so I'll wait until November or December to get them tailored, in the hopes that I drop a few more pounds.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Weight: 176.4 (Up 1 lb)
    Trying not to let myself feel beat up about it. I worked out an insane amount and TOM is paying me a visit. I had some issues with sodium yesterday and had too much sugar over the weekend but I stayed under my calorie goals every day. I start P90X or Rushfit today. So, let's hope that helps this whole process.

House Points: 3808 (don't expect to see numbers this high again... rode like crazy this past week)

No OWLS or NEWTS this week as I joined in almost to the end of the week. Next week will be a different story!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Weight: 154.2! Finally the scale is moving again! :bigsmile:
    OWLS: 25
    NEWTS: 10
    HPs: 502