Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    So I know I just said I would do this in the morning but then I thought I would see if the app would work on my new phone (wouldn't on my old one) and so far so good. Anyway here's my info.....

Start: w 33 h 38 b 40
    Aug 29: w 32 h 35 b 36 1/2
    Sept 4: W 31 1/2 h 34 1/2 b 36

Very small loss but a loss none the less so I'm happy!

Newts: I had veggies 3 meals every day so that's 18 pts (if my maths right lol)
    Owls: did 25 cross crunches everyday so max of 30 for that (I did more cuz I wanted to)
    HP: I did 645 minutes of exercise this week so @ 1 point per min gives me 645 pts.

( hope I understood and am not wrong in all that if however then fooey on me and pls feel free to correct me)

Have a safe sleep to all!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So disappointed with myself this week! I did REALLY bad :( I was pretty much on a binge from thursday til last night and I feel terrible for it! But this week is gonna be the complete opposite. Going for a run soon to try start reverse some of the damage!! Hoping everyones doing great and bring on this weeks challenges :D

CW: 159.4 :sad: im convincing myself its mostly water weight!?....
    GW Oct 1st :150
    OWLS: 4 NEWTS: 30
    HP: 86

:drinker:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Hurray, I've lost 2.3lb since last week!
    A lot of that was water loss, for instance I could not have put on 0.3lb of fat last week; I've been losing fat steadily for the last few weeks - so it's good to see it show on the scales now Tom has gone! :bigsmile:

Results from challenges are below, I've repeated the challenges and scoring to save others from having to go back and search for them. As I check in on Monday mornings, I'm counting a week as Monday to Sunday inclusive, hope that's okay.

Good luck with next week's challenges, I'm going to be out of the country but will still keep logging and will attempt to find an exercise regime that works while I'm away. :)

INTER HOUSE CHALLENGE:
    One point for every minute of exercise.
    Monday 29th August to Sunday 4th Sept, 626 Minutes
    = 626 House Points

NEWT:
    Eat at least a serving of veggies with 3 of your meals per day, one point for every meal you eat veggies with.
    Didn't do too well because I tend to eat loads of different veggies with my dinner but never any with my breakfast (toast) and rarely at lunchtime so only 9 different meals contained fresh vegges = 9 points

OWL (aka Exercise Challenge): 60 Cross Over Crunches, 1 No point for every two crunches.
    = 30 points

GOALS
    Start of September 127
    Start of October 124

WEIGHTS
    25th July 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5
    15th August 127.9
    22nd August 127
    29th August 127.3
    4th September 125
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning to you all. Happy Labor Day to all us Americans.

Here are my numbers from Monday to Sunday.

SW 8/29 =184
    CW 9/5 =182
    OWLs=30
    NEWTs=20 or 18 (20 if going from last Monday or 18 if counting from Tuesday, not sure which is correct way)
    House Points =581

Good luck to everyone this week. No running in the halls, Filch is watching!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    CW- 182.6! Down 3.4 lbs!
    Newts- 7 Need to work on the veggies! Just went gorcery shopping and bought a ton! :)
    OWLS- 30
    House points- 505
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    CW: 176.5

Owls: 8 (I generally only eat three meals a day and for some reason this week I only ate two a lot of days, so veggies at three meals a day didn't work for me, but I think it was a good challenge to try to get people to eat more veggies!)

Newts: 60 (as bicycle crunches)

HP: 165

Modified Pottermore goal: 173, sigh - 170 is just a dream

Good luck on the next challenges Gryffs! Let's rack up those House Points!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Wow! Awesome work on the House Points everyone. So many over 500! That's great, they make mine look measly. I'll have to try and add some yoga in to help boost our points so we can beat the other Houses! Go Gryffindors - find your inner lion!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning housemates :D

Last Monday: 165.4 lbs
    Today: 164.0 lbs! That's a 1.4 lbs loss!!!
    Sept 1 GW: 166lbs - MET :D
    Oct 1 GW: 160lbs

Newts: 11 Meals had at least 1 serving of veggies this week = 11 Points

Owls: 40 Cross-over Crunches = 20 Points

House Points: Monday 29th August to Sunday 4th Sept totalled 702 Minutes = 702 Points
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Well.... this is sort of thread related. I am a very big HP fan, movies, books, and video games. Spent 3 months playing Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 on my Wii. Love love love the game. It's for little kids, which is just perfect for me. (no, I am not a little kid for real, just at heart). Finally got to 97.5% complete. OH OH OH... I'm going to finally win... go me go! And guess what? There's 2 gliches in the game and I can't finish!!! :huh: SO, I'm just wondering since there are so many HP fans here, if anyone else has played the video game and won or got in the same situation as me? I checked online and both my glitches are common and many people are unhappy about it.... <sigh> There is nothing that can be done about it, I'm just venting!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Good Morning housemates :D

Last Monday: 165.4 lbs
    Today: 164.0 lbs! That's a 1.4 lbs loss!!!
    Sept 1 GW: 166lbs - MET :D
    Oct 1 GW: 160lbs

Newts: 11 Meals had at least 1 serving of veggies this week = 11 Points

Owls: 40 Cross-over Crunches = 20 Points

House Points: Monday 29th August to Sunday 4th Sept totalled 702 Minutes = 702 Points

Congrats on the weight loss! And wow on your HP! You make us Griffies proud!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm mad at myself, because I'm back up to 257.8. The stupid number that's been hounding me since we started this challenge back up! It's just from slacking, so I'm making it my goal to set a better example as your Head of House and Headmistress! Feel free to hold me to it and call me out when needed :)

I did 20 crossover crunches, so 10 OWLs there, and I slacked a bit on my veggies, so only 7 NEWTs. As far as House Points, I earned 39, which puts me to shame!

You guys are SERIOUSLY rocking it, and it inspires me to work harder! Keep it up, guys! Enjoy today off and get ready to start our first Inter-House weekly challenge tomorrow!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Bronwen - it seems like there's some confusion here and in the other houses, or at least from reading some posts I'm confused. For our House challenge, do we count Tue-Sun, since we don't usually get the info until later Monday, or can we count Monday too? And the same for the inter-house challenges? Thanks!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! And wow on your HP! You make us Griffies proud!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Bronwen - it seems like there's some confusion here and in the other houses, or at least from reading some posts I'm confused. For our House challenge, do we count Tue-Sun, since we don't usually get the info until later Monday, or can we count Monday too? And the same for the inter-house challenges? Thanks!

Well, I think we're going to have to figure this out between the Heads of House. I've been doing it Tuesday thru Sunday because you check in on Mondays and it would be confusing for you to check in, then earn more points and have to check in again...

We weigh in on Mondays, but some other Houses weigh in on different days, and I'm not sure how they're counting it. Thanks for pointing this out, I will totally talk with the other Professors and see what we can come up with.

Sorry for all the confusion to start, guys. Once I get organized with everyone else and we get going it won't be so bad. Promise :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it Tuesday thru Sunday because you check in on Mondays and it would be confusing for you to check in, then earn more points and have to check in again...
    Only trouble with that one is that you'd never earn points for any exercise done on Mondays.

I did mine Monday to Sunday, which includes all days of the week, but I'm not reporting on the Monday until nearly a week later there's no confusion as to time of day and updating etc.

Also, I'm a bit biased about wanting to include Mondays, because it's a big exercise day for me. :bigsmile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I've been doing it Tuesday thru Sunday because you check in on Mondays and it would be confusing for you to check in, then earn more points and have to check in again...
    Only trouble with that one is that you'd never earn points for any exercise done on Mondays.

I did mine Monday to Sunday, which includes all days of the week, but I'm not reporting on the Monday until nearly a week later there's no confusion as to time of day and updating etc.

Also, I'm a bit biased about wanting to include Mondays, because it's a big exercise day for me. :bigsmile:

Noted! Thanks for bringing this stuff to my attention, guys! Really, don't be afraid to speak up. We can't fix anything if I don't know it's broken :)
  • veganbaum
    Options
    The only problem with including Monday is that we don't know our new Owl/Newt challenges until late in the day (which I don't have a problem with - gives me time to plan food challenges). But those are just our House challenge, right? For the inter-House challenge it's time exercising and weight loss? So it seems that at least for exercise minutes only, we could easily do Monday-Sunday, but for our food and exercise challenges Tuesday-Sunday maybe? I think the inter-House one is most important to straighten out, otherwise the outcome won't be fair if some houses count six days and some seven.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Happy Monday, Gryffindors!

I regret (a little) to inform you that Pottermore thinks I'm a Ravenclaw! I was a little bummed, but I always thought the Sorting Hat would have had a hard time deciding if I should belong in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. My personality is Gryffindor, but my skills are pretty Ravenclaw-y. Haha. Anyone else get into Pottermore yet?

A lot of good points have been brought to my attention, and some very good changes are in order.

Since all students are allowed to check in anytime between Friday and Monday of each week, I will begin posting the challenges on Thursdays. That way you can post your week's worth of points on that day you weigh in, no matter what day you choose.
    ***Example: If you know you'll check in on Monday, you would count points for Monday thru Sunday of that week and then post the results on the following Monday. And then start counting any points earned on that Monday for the next week.

As long as you're only reporting a week's worth of scores/weights, and you post it before the end of Monday every week, you can start counting your points anywhere from Friday to Monday. Make sense? If you have questions about what you specifically want to do, feel free to ask.

FOR THIS WEEK: Since we're a little behind on implementing this program, you'll just have to settle for not earning as many OWLs & NEWTs this week as maybe you would have otherwise. It's only within Gryffindor that those points have value, so it won't hurt the House Cup decisions in the long run. I do VERY much apologize for all the disorganization in this transition, tho :)

OWLs & NEWTs for the Week of 9/5/11:

OWL (exercise): We're going to do Burpees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50). There is a modified version and a non-modified version within the video. You can do either.

To make it less likely that we have 4-way Prefect ties and things like that, I'm not going to have caps on the OWL challenges and see how that goes.

You earn 1 OWL for every Burpee you complete. I challenge you to complete at least 10 each day this week. They're hard, so don't be discouraged if you have to work up to that.

NEWT (food): Try substituting a piece of fruit for a time when you would otherwise eat some candy or other non-healthy, sweet snack (like dessert or after a meal). Sugar is still sugar, but fruits generally have many more nutrients than sugary treats that will give you more bang for your calorie buck.

If you don't usually eat a lot of sugary treats but don't eat a lot of fruit, try fitting a piece of fruit in to your day as part of a snack or with a meal.

If you eat fruit regularly already, try a fruit you have never tried before or that you haven't had in a long while.

***You earn 5 points for every day you complete one of the above options for the NEWT (5 points/day x 6 possible days (Tuesday thru Sunday) = 30 points max).

HOUSE POINTS (minutes): Don't forget to post keep track of your exercise minutes, they start counting towards earning the House Cup this week! You can count your HPs for 7 days starting from Friday (9/2/11) til Monday (9/12/11) by the end of the day.

Any questions or clarifications, feel free to post them! Good luck, Lions! I'm proud of you!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    The only problem with including Monday is that we don't know our new Owl/Newt challenges until late in the day (which I don't have a problem with - gives me time to plan food challenges). But those are just our House challenge, right? For the inter-House challenge it's time exercising and weight loss? So it seems that at least for exercise minutes only, we could easily do Monday-Sunday, but for our food and exercise challenges Tuesday-Sunday maybe? I think the inter-House one is most important to straighten out, otherwise the outcome won't be fair if some houses count six days and some seven.

I know what you're concerned about, but the OWLs and NEWTs don't affect the Inter-House Challenge in any way just for this reason. I want you guys to feel like you have plenty of time to still earn OWLs and NEWTs, so I changed how we're doing that to make it more flexible (in my post this week).

As far as House Points and weights go, you can absolutely count the whole 7 days worth because you don't need me to tell you what to do to be able to do them :)

I'm hoping posting the challenges Thursday night will fit better in my schedule, so I won't run out of time on Sunday and have to post them Monday instead!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So sorry I missed last week's weigh in! Just been going through a lot lately; going to be moving at the end of the month and trying to get as much work in as I can fit in before my husband and I are out of the San Diego area. I'm sorry I haven't been on the computer nearly as much as I'd like to or need to :( Checking in, no loss here, same weight for last week and this week; Its not wonderful, but it is certainly better then gaining weight!