Sexy in Six Week 4

Options
123457»

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I was so behind on my goal but I may actually make it now thanks to being sick yesterday. LOL... My son had the stomach bug last Tuesday and then my daughter had it Thursday and I got it yesterday. I spent the whole day holed up in my bedroom so I could stay away from the rest of the household. I was actually down 7 lbs from my last weigh in of course I am sure that I will gain some of it back but at least I shouldnt gain it all back. I only ate crackers yesterday and didnt even come close to my water intake. Im not eating a whole bunch today either because Im not throwing up anymore but I dont want to make my stomach feel worse than it does now.

Connie
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Rhiannon...thank you! **HUG** You can ALWAYS make me feel better!!!!

I'm just eating lunch now...then back to the lab. Busy day for me today. If I don't check back today, I will tomorrow morning.

New post...don't forget girlies! Even though I'm not weighing in, I hope to see less of all of you tomorrow!!!

And Rhiannon...nice job!!!!! What a great loss for the week!!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Well said Cathy!

I have a question for all. This topic may have been brought up before but I just dont remember. Has anyone ever done a cleanse, be it dietary or pill form? If so how did it go for you. And for those of you who are all knowing on this, is there any health benefits to doing one?

My neighbor is a naturopathic doctor and has one that she recommends to her patients. Once a year she gives us all a discount on the program. It is coming up after the holidays and I am just trying to figure out if I would like to do this. I have also seen alot of them out there in vitamin stores in pill form rather than diet form.

Any feedback is well appretiated!

Amy

I"m currently doing the master cleanse and It's a little hard for me because you are only drinking liquid. I've done it before for 1.5 days and i liked it because I ddn't feel hot all the time because i'm usually sweating or really hot

BUT I HAVE DONE DR. IANS DETOX WHICH IS APART OF THE FAT SMASH DIET I've completed it twice the first time I lost 10 pounds without doing the cardio requirements and i felt soooo good. I did it again with the cardio requirements and lost 15 pounds. my mid section shrunk and I felt really good.

my friend's mom is using the dual action cleanse and she has multiple medical needs but since taking them her symptoms have gotten better. a lot of studies state that most of your sickness comes from your colon
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Amy, hype cleanses like pills or the lemon / syrup / cayenne cleanse and so on are just that - hype. There are amazing and healthier ways to cleanse your system nutritionally which is the best option. This way you don't mess with your metabolism, you just clean your body up :smile: Your neighbour will know way more than me, but I think it's a great thing to do annually. It's maybe a challenge to some since it usually eliminates things like gluten-containing grains, yeast, refined sugars of any kind, certain fruits & vegetables like corn, tomatoes, etc. But it's usually 3 to 4 weeks for dietary and it does totally depend on the practitioner who is setting it up! Then of course your neighbour may use a pill or formula. I'd definitely check it out though!!

Thanks for all the kind words... I'm really happy about this week's progress! Who knows.. I may still make my official goal??

I personally know people who have done the master cleanse(lemon) and they have lost pounds and I've seen improvements with their skin etc. I was trying to go for five days for the cleanse. I wanted to do it to teach myself discipline and to clean out my liver. BUT if I tinkle one more time within the next 1/2 hour I'm going to scream:tongue:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Pedal- Great job lady!!! You have been bustin ur bottom and its paying off :)
    Cathy- Glad things are going better for you now!!
    Kristin- Hope your transition back into your routine goes smoothly :) Remember, slow and steady!

Anyone I missed..Hope you are having a great day and had a great weekend!

Okay so, no I didnt get to the gym this morning :blushing: I totally blew it off and slept in lol. I did go after I got out of school so that is okay :happy:

Foodwise today:
    1-fiber one cereal, almond milk, egg whites, strawberries
    2-baby carrots, almonds
    3-southbeach diet southwestern wrap meal (minus the jello that comes with, I dont like it)
    4-washington red apple, protein shake
    5- havent had dinner yet, but it may be a baby mix salad with turkey and chz or else a turkey and chz sandwich along with some grapefruit

Exercise- weights at the gym, cardio- elliptical, walking and jogging (66 minutes).

I would really REALLY like to see a 3lb or more weight loss tomorrow but I believe I cheated way too much this past week for that to happen...I'll just have to be happy with a (hopefully) 2lb loss!

I am also doing weights, and its only been about a month or less that I started weights so I believe I will be mainly building up muscle for 2 to 3 more weeks..then it will start turn into more toning than muscle building...

Is that about right Pedal- the first 6-8 weeks of weight training are actually building more muscle then it starts to tone?

Okay well gonna start some laundry and make me something to eat....

May check in later! :heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    I'm back...from Dallas. I had a great time, but I did gain back the .5 lb to 230.0. Its okay though, I ate foods I wouldn't normally eat on the trip. But i am most proud that I stuck w/ healthy selections on menus whenever possible. :wink: I did enjoy a ms. fields cookie and boyyyyy was that delicious.

Last night I saw the show about Ruby on style..... wow!! I was amazed at how wonderful her friends are and how motivated she is to lose weight. I believe she can do it. Then I saw a show on the worlds largest man and I just wanted to cry for him. I am telling you ladies this because watching those shows made me pick very healthy options while grocery shopping. :smile: I am ready to succeed!!!

Todays meal

BF: multigrain cheerios (1 cup) and 1/2 cup milk (fat free)
    S: tangerine
    L: 3 inch/ 3 inch veggie lasagne
    S: popcorn 1 cup
    D: salmon 4 oz , mashed sweet potato (3/4 cup), mixed veggies one cup
    grapefruit juice

Take care everyone!!! Keep working hard.

I didn't work out today!!! It was sooooo cold and I just made excuses. But this winter I won't sit around, I will focus on my goals, promise.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Oh Connie, I do hope you and the family are feeling better!!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey - I've been following along a bit. Is it too late to join in?
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Its never too late. We have only 2 weeks left of this challenge but plan to start a new one right after that will take us through the new year. Please join!

There is a new posting today that will say Sexy in Six Week 5.

Hope to see you there!