Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    So, I think the Whoosh Fairy visited last night. I was down 2.5 lbs! But, like an earlier poster, I'm going to see if it sticks tomorrow morning on the scale....don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.

Yeah I told the WF that if she didn't go to your house, that she would have to watch her back!!! lol Congrats!

So I am back from my sister in laws house due to my emergency evacuation. It was a blast being around the family, but I did slip up a bit. I had one Milano Melt cookie, two teaspoons of sugar in my coffee, an english muffin, and a few bites of mangu (typical Dominican brekkie dish made with plantains.) I made sure to drink tons of water though and when I got back today and jumped on the scale, I lost another half pound. WHEW! The WF loss was the real thing, plus my slip ups don't seem to have an effect on me. Not yet at least. Not going to risk it again though. Not for now.

Thank you! I'm so glad you got my back!!! Seriously, when I sat down and thought about it, my weight loss stalled right after I cheated at a wedding exactly 2 weekends ago. I lost a pound over that weekend, then I played back and forth with the same 2 lbs for the next 2 weeks! Be careful! I hope you are able to sneak those carbs, and keep losing!

No damage from Irene, I hope?
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Bumping so that we are on page one and easier to find =)
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Good morning all! Hope everyones weekend went well. :smile:
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's stories.. inspirational for sure!!! Pay day this week.. which means Grocery day as well.. Which means... The Start of the Atkins Diet for me.. :)
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Now tell the WF to come visit me! I need a visit! ;)
  • martinah4
    Options
    I love reading everyone's stories.. inspirational for sure!!! Pay day this week.. which means Grocery day as well.. Which means... The Start of the Atkins Diet for me.. :)

Good luck! You can do this, and you'll have lots of support here!
  • martinah4
    Options
    Now tell the WF to come visit me! I need a visit! ;)

I've kidnapped her...I'm not quite done with her yet! But, I'll send her when I'm done ;^P
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Congrats on taking your health and well being into your own hands!!

Welcome!!
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on some sort of Atkins / Primal hybrid of my own concoction - basically trying to stick to more whole, unprocessed foods, and keeping carbs under about 60g a day. I lost about 60 lbs this way from Nov '10 - May '11, and then took the entire summer off. After eating pretty much whatever I wanted, and drinking whenever I wanted, I put back on about 8 lbs. Oops! :embarassed: I suspect it is even worse than that, because I probably lost muscle as well.

Anyway, I'm back on track now. Have my 20th high school reunion in a month, and while I won't be at my goal weight, I won't be embarrassed to show up like I would have been this time last year.
  • martinah4
    Options
    Hi all! I'm on some sort of Atkins / Primal hybrid of my own concoction - basically trying to stick to more whole, unprocessed foods, and keeping carbs under about 60g a day. I lost about 60 lbs this way from Nov '10 - May '11, and then took the entire summer off. After eating pretty much whatever I wanted, and drinking whenever I wanted, I put back on about 8 lbs. Oops! :embarassed: I suspect it is even worse than that, because I probably lost muscle as well.

Anyway, I'm back on track now. Have my 20th high school reunion in a month, and while I won't be at my goal weight, I won't be embarrassed to show up like I would have been this time last year.

Thankfully, I was on my Mediterranean honeymoon for my 20th reunion. Now, that I've lost some weight, I guess I'll have to be ready for my 25!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to add me as a friend? I've added quite a few friends since joining MFP earlier this month but could do with some Atkins/low carb friends too. Got off to a great start but have been a bit naughty the last couple of weekends, going over my carb and calorie limit. Determined to get back down to it and live a low-carb lifestyle, as it really seems to suit me physically and mentally.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I really think the WF is afraid to come to Sin City to see me or something, someone please tell her I do not live near the strip!:laugh:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I really think the WF is afraid to come to Sin City to see me or something, someone please tell her I do not live near the strip!:laugh:

She's a real b*tch! lol
  • dittiepe
    Options
    The WF stopped by. Yay 3lb down :)
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start an Atkins diet soon.....I think I'm addicted to carbs......any friend requests will be appreciated....and one question. How long did you stay in phase one (if you used it at all)
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I'm looking to start an Atkins diet soon.....I think I'm addicted to carbs......any friend requests will be appreciated....and one question. How long did you stay in phase one (if you used it at all)

Hi and welcome! I've been on induction (phase 1) for about 6 weeks. Some people only stay on 2 weeks, some stay on for months. It really depends on how much weight you have to lose. I plan to be moving up the ladder in 2 weeks, personally.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    I am interested in trying Atkins! I'm down 20 lbs so far on my own, but have always wanted to try it. So I should do induction phase for 2 weeks? I'm pulling it off the website.

Ps I'm Ginny! Feel free to add me as a friend loo
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Hi Ginny! Please, please read over the atkins website before you start the diet, or read the book if you haven't already. The most important thing about Atkins is that you need to follow it pretty much to the letter so that you remain healthy and happy during the lifestyle change. Also, if you register on their website, they'll send you a free kit with some coupons, protein bars and a carb counter booklet :)
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    Hi Ginny! Please, please read over the atkins website before you start the diet, or read the book if you haven't already. The most important thing about Atkins is that you need to follow it pretty much to the letter so that you remain healthy and happy during the lifestyle change. Also, if you register on their website, they'll send you a free kit with some coupons, protein bars and a carb counter booklet :)

Hi thanks! I've been researching it for awhile now, but not much of a meat eater, I like chicken and seafood. I have celiacs disease and I pay a lot of money for gluten free products (anything containing carbs basically) so I had thought this might be a good lifestyle for me, and I'd for sure be gluten free!
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options
    Yes, please pick up an Atkins book. Even if you pick up the old one that goes back to 2002. You can usually find them at a thrift shop for less than a dollar. There will be a lot of diet books there. The new Atkins way is still pretty similar except they are less stringent on what phase you can start and you can have 16g of carbs from foundation vegetables.

Welcome aboard!