Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    fellow low carber here!! hi!!! i have seen MIM posted here often. what is that?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    fellow low carber here!! hi!!! i have seen MIM posted here often. what is that?

Muffin in a Minute! Search might pull up some recipes otherwise Google Atkins muffin in a Minute for several varieties. I have one almost daily! I got lemon extract today so I'll be making one with it tomorrow. We had last minute dinner plans tonight and it wasn't low carb friendly. Stayed below my calorie goal but netted about 60g. Could have been worse!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new people! Be sure to research Atkins(if that's the way you're heading), also if you sign up on the Atkins website, they'll send you some free bars and coupons and a nice carb counter book :)

I have a website in my sig below that's got some low carb recipes I've collected from all over. Some from here, some from Atkins, and other great places. Feel free to check it out and recommend some recipes to add if you have any :)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    great!! thank you!! how have i never heard of these before?!?!? lol!!
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Over the weekend I grilled some pork chops that I marinated in No Sugar Pancake Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Veg Oil (I was out of olive), and a few tablespoons of spicy brown mustard. I allowed them to marinate for 36 hours (not by choice, but other plans came up). Anyhow, they were so good! If you're looking for something different give this a try. I didn't write down the recipe, but just use a 3:1 ratio of vinegar to oil, add the syrup and mustard to taste along with pepper and salt. They whole family enjoyed them!

Also, for the Buckeyes game, my wife made buffalo chicken dip that we served with pork rinds and I took some asparagus with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon - and then baked until the bacon was crisp. These were also good. Next time, however, I am going to use larger asparagus stalks, or par cook the back. We also had artichokes with lemon mayonnaise. It was great game with great food!

Have a great week everyone!
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Over the weekend I grilled some pork chops that I marinated in No Sugar Pancake Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Veg Oil (I was out of olive), and a few tablespoons of spicy brown mustard. I allowed them to marinate for 36 hours (not by choice, but other plans came up). Anyhow, they were so good! If you're looking for something different give this a try. I didn't write down the recipe, but just use a 3:1 ratio of vinegar to oil, add the syrup and mustard to taste along with pepper and salt. The whole family enjoyed them!

Also, for the Buckeyes game, my wife made buffalo chicken dip that we served with pork rinds and I took some asparagus with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon - and then baked until the bacon was crisp. These were also good. Next time, however, I am going to use larger asparagus stalks, or par cook the bacon. We also had artichokes with lemon mayonnaise. It was a great game with great food!

• HeartLunger
    Options
    Over the weekend I grilled some pork chops that I marinated in No Sugar Pancake Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Veg Oil (I was out of olive), and a few tablespoons of spicy brown mustard. I allowed them to marinate for 36 hours (not by choice, but other plans came up). Anyhow, they were so good! If you're looking for something different give this a try. I didn't write down the recipe, but just use a 3:1 ratio of vinegar to oil, add the syrup and mustard to taste along with pepper and salt. The whole family enjoyed them!

Also, for the Buckeyes game, my wife made buffalo chicken dip that we served with pork rinds and I took some asparagus with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon - and then baked until the bacon was crisp. These were also good. Next time, however, I am going to use larger asparagus stalks, or par cook the bacon. We also had artichokes with lemon mayonnaise. It was a great game with great food!

That should be a 3:1 ratio of oil to vinegar!
  • dittiepe
    Options

These sound great. What temp did you cook the chops for and how long? Can I add these to my site? :)
  • HeartLunger
    Options

These sound great. What temp did you cook the chops for and how long? Can I add these to my site? :)

I grilled them, just a few minutes per side or until a thermo reads between 140-145.

You most certainly can add them to you site!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I tried a regular muffin in a minute with lemon extract and cream cheese frosting..I'm in love! By far my favorite. :smile: My daughter got a ton of candy tonight and I haven't wanted to eat any of it!
  • pork_belly
    Options
    I tried a regular muffin in a minute with lemon extract and cream cheese frosting..I'm in love! By far my favorite. :smile: My daughter got a ton of candy tonight and I haven't wanted to eat any of it!

Sounds yummy!!!
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i LOOOOVE MIM!!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options

I am soooo gonna try this!!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am fine with the food, I do what my nutritionist tells me, and I even exercise. But I haven't lost any more weight. I go back November 14th, so I am going to see what she tells me. I think maybe laying off the nuts and Atkins bars will help. I'm going to try that and see. Will let you know.
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What is the MIM stuff about? Can you have it on Atkins? I need some recipes. Not a big fan of cooking, so this has taken some adjustments.
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I am fine with the food, I do what my nutritionist tells me, and I even exercise. But I haven't lost any more weight. I go back November 14th, so I am going to see what she tells me. I think maybe laying off the nuts and Atkins bars will help. I'm going to try that and see. Will let you know.

Hopefully your nutritionist has some ideas for you! Sounds very frustrating. I've noticed since I cut way back on nuts my weight loss is happening faster. I also cut out diet soda and cut back on peanut butter, so it could be any of those things. I also upped my calories. Whatever I'm doing though is working! Down another lb and a half. :smile:
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    What is the MIM stuff about? Can you have it on Atkins? I need some recipes. Not a big fan of cooking, so this has taken some adjustments.

I've made several off this list, all very good! You can play with different extracts too. I add cherry to the chocolate mim, going to get peanut butter extract next and try that. They are filling, delicious, and full of fiber!

(Definitely Atkins friendly, even on phase 1)
    http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    On the Atkins site they warn that some people have difficulty losing weight when eating their bars. I think it's the soy. I'd definitely cut out the bars, limit nuts and cheese and see if that helps until you get back to the nutritionist.

The MIMs are awesome and you can definitely eat them. They are super easy to make in the microwave. I'd limit to one per day because of all of the fiber. If you find you can handle them, you can probably eat more, but I wouldn't eat more than two. Once word of advice, wash out the coffee mug or bowl you use to cook them in as soon as you can. Soak them if you don't have time to fully wash. The mixture dries like cement. :)
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Shannon,
    What are your measurements for the MIM with lemon and cream cheese? Sounds yummy!