Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• HeartLunger
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the MIM - not sure if I did something wrong, but the texture was just unpalatable to me.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I tried a regular muffin in a minute with lemon extract and cream cheese frosting..I'm in love! By far my favorite. :smile: My daughter got a ton of candy tonight and I haven't wanted to eat any of it!

Shannon,
    What are your measurements for the MIM with lemon and cream cheese? Sounds yummy!

Here you go!
    dc05c0bf.png
    For the frosting I do .5 oz of 1/3 fat cream cheese for 35 cals, with sweetner to taste. Half a packet maybe?

HeartLunger, if you don't like the texture your flax may not be ground enough. The first flax seed I got I didn't care for. I tried some stuff in the cereal isle and it's great! Maybe try adding a Tbsp of sour cream to make it a bit moister.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Woo! we filled up another thread. LOL
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Shannon, thanks for sharing the recipe!!
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    <To put in My Topics>

:)
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't put the butter in my MIM and I like it just fine....and you are right about the brand of ground flax, they vary A LOT!!! find one you like and stick with it.....
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    I tried a regular muffin in a minute with lemon extract and cream cheese frosting..I'm in love! By far my favorite. :smile: My daughter got a ton of candy tonight and I haven't wanted to eat any of it!

Shannon,
    What are your measurements for the MIM with lemon and cream cheese? Sounds yummy!

Here you go!
    dc05c0bf.png
    For the frosting I do .5 oz of 1/3 fat cream cheese for 35 cals, with sweetner to taste. Half a packet maybe?

HeartLunger, if you don't like the texture your flax may not be ground enough. The first flax seed I got I didn't care for. I tried some stuff in the cereal isle and it's great! Maybe try adding a Tbsp of sour cream to make it a bit moister.

Thanks for the tip! I actually ground it myself, so perhaps I need to pulse it more. Will give it another go and try the sour cream. :)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    smilie_fee1a.gifThe Whoosh fairy has visited me this morning!! I'm down 4lbs, but I won't log until Monday!!
    I'm doing the happy dance party-smiley-017.gif
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    smilie_fee1a.gifThe Whoosh fairy has visited me this morning!! I'm down 4lbs, but I won't log until Monday!!

WOWzers! Great job!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Congrats!! Send him my way!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Whew, been busy for the last week or so. Did not eat one piece of candy for halloween and well that's not a really big deal since sweets were never my evil carb of choice. Now if they had been giving out little cups of mac n cheese or mashed potatos and gravy I'd have been in trouble LOL no j/k. Well, my son's wedding day is this coming Friday 11/11/11. I'm trying to get the last things together for the rehearsal dinner. Been doing good with my eating. Still zig zagging calories and losing at 1 pound a week. 6 lbs to goal then it will be maintenance. My carbs are still staying at less than 150 gms a day and I still see ketosis when I use the sticks about 1 to 2 times weekly. I am very happy that I can lose at that carb level. The only thing I have to work on right now is veggies. I have really slacked off and really need to incorporate more into my daily menus. I envy you all that love them. Have a blessed Sunday and ..Who Dat! Saints better come back strong!

Nichole
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss CoCo! I think she left them with me though, after a terrible terrible weekend I'm up 5lbs. Time to buckle down!

I'm terrible about veggies too Nichole. Looks like you're having great success!

I hope everyone had a great wknd!
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Atkins, I'm on day 5 or so of induction. So far I've been losing every day so that is nice. I have a lot of weight to lose so I plan to stay at induction level for awhile. I'm surprised that I have had few carb cravings and I'm not nearly as hungry as I used to be. I usually don't come anywhere near my calorie goal but that is ok. I just don't want to drop too low for too long.
    Looking forward to picking up tips and tricks from veterans of this way of eating!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Atkins, I'm on day 5 or so of induction. So far I've been losing every day so that is nice. I have a lot of weight to lose so I plan to stay at induction level for awhile. I'm surprised that I have had few carb cravings and I'm not nearly as hungry as I used to be. I usually don't come anywhere near my calorie goal but that is ok. I just don't want to drop too low for too long.
    Looking forward to picking up tips and tricks from veterans of this way of eating!
    If you find weight loss slowing down, move into OWL. Some people can't lose while in Induction for very long. Don't hesitate to ask questions when you have them!
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sue! I'm not entirely sure how to figure out my carb level for ongoing weight loss. That was the one confusing part for me.
  • Torrresl
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting back on Atkins today.... and my goal is to log in food everyday as well as drink water... I hurt my back so i'm at a stand still for working out right now. :o)
  • serenity920
    serenity920 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also day on back to atkins, i see i have company. I like the idea of having a support system of vets, so I am excieted to follow along with you all.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Shannon,

Here you go!
    dc05c0bf.png

Thanks! I'm gonna try this!
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bumping :) love the info i get on this thread! :)
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bumping for later.. :)