Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This is my second week of Atkins induction. I have been doing pretty well - I have also been trying to maintain 1500 calories. My diary is open if anyone wants to take a peek. I'd love some tips!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug alert: I have a nice little(always growing) blog of low carb recipes, address is in my sig below. If you have any recipes you'd like to add, just let me know! I love having a wide variety.

And we soooo thank you!!
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going back on Atkins tomorrow! I've lost focus during the summer and gained weight back. Now the past month and a half, I've tried to lose weight the "healthy" way, by watching my calories and eating my exercise calories back. Today I've figured out it's not working for me! I don't feel clear headed and healthy with a burst of energy! I've actually gained weight since trying to get back on the "getting healthy" track too. Frustrating! So, going back to Atkins where I lost weight and felt great! I know it's easy to do. I'm a carboholic though and I need to gain control again! Arg! Add me if you want to help support each other! :bigsmile:
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yeah!! thanks for the group!! :)
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Candace. I start induction tomorrow. i just went to the store and bought all the foods I will need for the first week. My biggest concern will be the cravings I know I am going to have, heck i am already having cravings and i havent even started yet. So any advice you all can give me about the next 2 weeks would be very helpful
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Candace. I start induction tomorrow. i just went to the store and bought all the foods I will need for the first week. My biggest concern will be the cravings I know I am going to have, heck i am already having cravings and i havent even started yet. So any advice you all can give me about the next 2 weeks would be very helpful

The best thing I've found is that when I get a craving, I'll exercise 10 minutes. Usually fixed it and by the 3-4th day you will be cravings-free and have some extra exercise in :) best of luck!
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So today is my first day of induction and i mede the southwestern omelett and OMG it was so good, but I will admit that I am having a hard time processing the fact that I have to focus on more on net carbs than I do calories. The omelet was good but I havent had a real egg in months because egg beaters is lower in calories and I ate 2. I didn't think this would be a problem for me but it just might.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    So today is my first day of induction and i mede the southwestern omelett and OMG it was so good, but I will admit that I am having a hard time processing the fact that I have to focus on more on net carbs than I do calories. The omelet was good but I havent had a real egg in months because egg beaters is lower in calories and I ate 2. I didn't think this would be a problem for me but it just might.

It's very difficult to get used to at first, but you will :) If you feel better about it, try limiting your calories to 1200 for a bit and then gradually increase them to 1400.
  • dittiepe
    Options

Just a reminder to ya'll that we have a group now too!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was bad for 2 weeks and gained 2 pounds. :angry: Time to get back on track so I'm doing 2 weeks of induction starting today AND I am upping my exercise too! It would be very nice to lose several pounds before Christmas and all those damn photos that inevitably get taken!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I knocked myself out of ketosis last weekend so my focus has been getting back. I think I'm finally there a week later. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Oh and I bought banana extract, added to a mim it really satisfies the craving for banana bread! Tastes just like it :smile:
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I tried a regular muffin in a minute with lemon extract and cream cheese frosting..I'm in love! By far my favorite. :smile: My daughter got a ton of candy tonight and I haven't wanted to eat any of it!

Shannon,
    What are your measurements for the MIM with lemon and cream cheese? Sounds yummy!

Here you go!
    dc05c0bf.png
    For the frosting I do .5 oz of 1/3 fat cream cheese for 35 cals, with sweetner to taste. Half a packet maybe?

HeartLunger, if you don't like the texture your flax may not be ground enough. The first flax seed I got I didn't care for. I tried some stuff in the cereal isle and it's great! Maybe try adding a Tbsp of sour cream to make it a bit moister.

Tried the lemon MIM this morning. It's not my new favorite MIM! Thanks!
  • martinah4
    Options
    I'm plateauing again! I'm back to serious Induction tomorrow. I haven't gained or lost in 2 weeks. Grrrr. Someone, send the Whoosh Fairy my way!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I'm plateauing again! I'm back to serious Induction tomorrow. I haven't gained or lost in 2 weeks. Grrrr. Someone, send the Whoosh Fairy my way!

I'm holding her hostage for the weekend! Lost 3pounds and hit the 100lb lost mark!
  • pork_belly
    Options

I'm holding her hostage for the weekend! Lost 3pounds and hit the 100lb lost mark!

Nice job on your centennial!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Anybody try anything really tasty lately? I'm looking for new ideas!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Anybody try anything really tasty lately? I'm looking for new ideas!

I had some great low carb chili and some pumpkin mousse yesterday!
  • martinah4
    Options
    I tried a regular muffin in a minute with lemon extract and cream cheese frosting..I'm in love! By far my favorite. :smile: My daughter got a ton of candy tonight and I haven't wanted to eat any of it!

Shannon,
    What are your measurements for the MIM with lemon and cream cheese? Sounds yummy!

Here you go!
    dc05c0bf.png
    For the frosting I do .5 oz of 1/3 fat cream cheese for 35 cals, with sweetner to taste. Half a packet maybe?

HeartLunger, if you don't like the texture your flax may not be ground enough. The first flax seed I got I didn't care for. I tried some stuff in the cereal isle and it's great! Maybe try adding a Tbsp of sour cream to make it a bit moister.

Tried the lemon MIM this morning. It's not my new favorite MIM! Thanks!

OMG...I meant to say it's NOW my new favorite! I love it!
  • martinah4
    Options

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic!!! Keep her as long as you need!
    I do hope you award yourself somehow! New clothes?