Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• shortemr
    shortemr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HI, everybody my name is Eva. I just started atkins about four days ago just looking a place to get extra info. :)
  • lovelee79
    Options
    bump, Awesome thread !
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the new people! Glad you've decided to join the rest of us here :) There's a great bunch of people here to help you along the journey. If you're doing Atkins, please please please read the book. You'll need that info. Also, go to atkins.com and register and they will send you a kit with some free bars, coupons and a carb counter booklet. :)

Shameless plug alert: I have a nice little(always growing) blog of low carb recipes, address is in my sig below. If you have any recipes you'd like to add, just let me know! I love having a wide variety.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Hello to all the new people! Glad you've decided to join the rest of us here :) There's a great bunch of people here to help you along the journey. If you're doing Atkins, please please please read the book. You'll need that info. Also, go to atkins.com and register and they will send you a kit with some free bars, coupons and a carb counter booklet. :)

Shameless plug alert: I have a nice little(always growing) blog of low carb recipes, address is in my sig below. If you have any recipes you'd like to add, just let me know! I love having a wide variety.

Well, since the lazy forum builder's took signatures out, I can't just point to mine for the recipes address. Here it is: http://blog.pittsburgh-diet-guru.com

Hope they put them back in with a limit. That's just poor coding.
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    I have an idea for you - create a custom ticker through the options in MFP - notice how mine says "My best is yet to come" (or whatever it says ;) ). You could create an image with your website address. Although it's not ideal, it is a work around until the coders come to their senses. :)
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I have an idea for you - create a custom ticker through the options in MFP - notice how mine says "My best is yet to come" (or whatever it says ;) ). You could create an image with your website address. Although it's not ideal, it is a work around until the coders come to their senses. :)

Thanks!
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Here's one I made that you could use:

9046292_2538.jpg
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did have candy at Halloween, two walking tacos, POP, and cake! But it was just that day, and I went straight into Induction the day after. I must say, I've lost more weight in two weeks than I have in two months. But I have also added Zumba into my fitness routine. I do that two days a week and run the treadmill for three.
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pam, I'm making the Baked Three Cheese Eggplant from your website tonight for dinner! Can't wait!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    So, do we want to set up one of these groups for low carb?
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Pam, I'm making the Baked Three Cheese Eggplant from your website tonight for dinner! Can't wait!

Oh you will LOVE it! I've made it three times since I posted it :)
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dana.
    I've been doing Atkins Since the first of October.
    I'm glad to find this thread!
    I was checking out that recipe blog...AWESOME! I'm always in the market for a new recipe. :)
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Hey everyone. We now have a group. Search for low carb. It's called livin la vida low carb. :)
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have recently changed my diet to a low carb diet... not exactly following Atkins, but trying to stay somewhere below 35g of carbs per day. I would love to see the recipe blog mentioned or read more from this topic... Thanks so much!
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That was fabulous! We enjoyed that thoroughly! Very tasty and easy to make. I will be making that over and over again. Thanks!
  • Karen_145
    Options
    I'm new to Atkins, I'm on day 5 or so of induction. So far I've been losing every day so that is nice. I have a lot of weight to lose so I plan to stay at induction level for awhile. I'm surprised that I have had few carb cravings and I'm not nearly as hungry as I used to be.

The fat/protein makes you feel full. As for the carb cravings, you typically won't get any until you start introducing carbs back into your diet (later phases).
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I plan to stay at around 20 g of carbs for awhile. So far so good! Making an effort to eat a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. The satiety is a new thing for me, I'm used to feeling ravenously hungry every few hours. Have started eating only twice a day with a small snack if needed. Trying to eat according to my body and not the clock/arbitrary meal times.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. We now have a group. Search for low carb. It's called livin la vida low carb. :)

Not Atkins support, just low carb general support?
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I can't find it...do you need an invite?
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I can't find it...do you need an invite?

hm, do a search under groups for Low Carb. It should be there.