No more late night snacks challenge

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    I, too, am resetting the counter. I haven't even logged onto mfp in days and it shows!! My poor weight loss ticker and my waist are showing the damage.:sad:
    But, today is a new day. Will be challenging since I have my kids home and, like any good Italian mother, I want to feed them before they scatter again. My middle one is just about moved out and my baby is going back to college tomorrow morning. My oldest and his girlfriend and 2 little dogs arrive later today and leave tomorrow too. By Sun. night will be very quiet here. It may be even more challenging than tonight not to eat afer my 9:30 cut-off. Will be so sad to see my kids leave, but they'll be home agian for Christmas.
    Anyway, by Monday for sure I will be back on track!
    Good luck everyone.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    I'm reconfiguring my goal. No food after 8 p.m. not even on workout days! (that's the most important thing, I feel that's were I sabotage myself). I can do this! :angry:
  • zaza54
    Yes you can dewpearl! It looks like you might have even lost weight over the long holiday week-end. I, on the other hand, did not fare so well. Tonight will be my Day 1 (again!) of no late night snacking. All my kids have left so I'm going to get back on track. We can do this!!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    So I am back to Day 1. I made it all the way to day 10 and then Thanksgiving came. I did so bad the last 4 days I didn't exercise or count my calories at all. I haven't even gotten near the scale since Thursday and don't plan on it either at least till next week. So here's to day 1 again!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    I've been going strong since last Tuesday, so tonight is night 6 for me.
  • zaza54
    Great job! Very impressive that you managed to stick to it thru Thanksgiving!
  • gmukris
    Great job! Very impressive that you managed to stick to it thru Thanksgiving!

I was too stuffed after the turkey, that I definitely did not feel the need to eat late into the night :wink:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Tonight is night 4 for me. :drinker:

I couldn't believe my eyes the other morning... I stepped on the scale and WOW 161... that is nine pounds lost! I am trying so hard but I did join a 2lb by Dec 1 challenge and now a 10 lb by new years challenge. I am so stoked! I did eat bad icky foods for dinner tonight and last night. But didn't go over my calories... However, I also have not worked out. I hope to get to the gym around 9 or 10 tonight.

I am going to finish my last couple bits of dinner now that the kids are in bed and then I am done for the night. I have to get back on track. I have a big goal and a HUGE desire to get there.

GMUKRIS- Awesome job!!! I think you might be the farthest ahead of the pack. :drinker: Cheers to you!
  • dewpearl
    Well done for the ladies who've been sticking to it! :flowerforyou:
    Well done for those who are brave enough to reset the counter and still stick to it! :flowerforyou:
    Well done for me :laugh: who stopped eating at 6p.m., went to the aerobic class and then stuck to water :drinker: . Day 1 (a real day 1) successfully completed.

Zaza, thanks for your encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • dewpearl
    And, yep, the ticker's been moving again, but let's see if it stabilizes or I just sweat too much last night :laugh: . Still a bit :angry: at the water weight % that the scale shows (58.9% this morning, wow! :noway: )
  • zaza54
    Good morning-
    Last night was Day 1 for me (again) with 2 minutes to spare before my cut-off time. My weight loss ticker has started moving in the right direction so I'm encouraged and motivated.
    Have a great day everyone and an even better night sticking to this challenge.
    Zaza
  • gmukris
    Darn, I'm back to night 1 again :noway:
  • dewpearl
    Zaza, well done! (with the ticker). gmukris, just don't give up! Your ticker also looks good :wink: .

Yesterday I stopped eating at 7p.m. Yes! :drinker: Growling stomach when I went to bed, but it's gonna get used to not getting food late and it will end up loving me for this :wink: . So day 2 successfully completed and feeling I am finally really on the wright track (my ticker is stable for now :happy: ).
  • zaza54
    Very impressed dewpearl! Wish I could say the same for me. I was being a good mom and making lasagne and pumpkin bread to take to 2 of my sons today. Of course, I had to sample and make sure they were OK. So back to Day 1 tonight.
  • gmukris
    I couldn't make it again last night. Here's to a new day! :drinker:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    checking in been awhile. Im not logging right now or following to much of a plan right now docs orders. But im still trying to make sure im not snacking two hours before bed. I know theres no loss but at least theres no gain! Hope everyone else is doing good.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Tonight is night 6 for me. Hope I can keep it up. My b/f's DH just dropped of a huge jar of homemade spicy salsa and they grew all the veggies themselves. I think the only thing saving me from opening it up and trying it out is.... I HAVE NO TORTILLA CHIPS!!!!!!

I guess that is one way not to snack... Don't have anything quick in the house. LOL

GMUKRIS- give yourself props for making it as many nights in a row as you did.

I am going to grab some water and head to bed... g-night all
  • dewpearl
    Day 3 was so hard. Well, the day was okay, the evening was a pain. Anyway, I stayed hard - if it weren't for this challenge, I wouldn't have, but I'm embarrassed by how many times I reset the counter. Let's hope it was worth it.
  • gmukris
    I made it through last night! :wink: I am determined to stay on the bandwagon again with this challenge. And I've added another, even harder challenge, for myself--stay away from the chocolate. It's killing me--it's like crack to me :brokenheart: :smokin:
  • dewpearl
    I made it through last night! :wink: I am determined to stay on the bandwagon again with this challenge. And I've added another, even harder challenge, for myself--stay away from the chocolate. It's killing me--it's like crack to me :brokenheart: :smokin:

Hurray!!! dancing6.gif
This discussion has been closed.