No more late night snacks challenge

Options

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Today is my day one. I tried to start Sunday and we had a movie night... BIG MISTAKE.
    I tried again last night but I was so stressed out after being sick at work that I ended up snacking, which put me over my calories yesterday *SIGH*.

Five years ago I cut all sugars out of my diet. I did this literally overnight. Just stopped eating any sugars. Even sugars in fruit. I don't know how the heck I did it but I sure wish I could have that same self control now!!!!:cry:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im here havent been logging all the much. I got really sick and now im on a special diet and its difficult hopefully in a couple of weeks ill be doing better and can get back on track. Way to go everyone for not giving up !
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    NEW RULE: How about we allow a late snack when we're hungry, as long as it's something healthy, no more than 200 cals and we're not going over our calories by that?

I know it doesn't work for me, cos an apple calls for a slice of bread which calls for a bowl of cereals which calls for "what the heck, I messed up, I'll go away and get some more, now it's the time!" :grumble:. On the other hand, I find it unfair that Kristine's beating her up for 10 almonds. So hey, let's be fair, this is all about chips, tortillas, stuffing ourselves, going overboard etc etc.

(Except for me, I had to be "all or nothing", I knew there was no other way).

Looking forward to comebacks :flowerforyou: , hope I was convincing :blushing: Miss ya, ladies :sad:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Day 9 is almost at the finishing line. I stopped at 8, but that's OK :smokin: .
    Good bye, 1 digit numbers :happy: . :drinker:
  • abetterme
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I joined MFP almost a year ago and did really well for the first 3-4 months and then some how I got off track and I put the weight back on that I had lost and am now sticking my foot down for the holidays. I went to a Christmas gathering this past weekend and I made myself a challenge before I went that I wouldn't eat any sweets while I was there and I actually made it through it. I tend to grab snacks after the kids go to bed and I shouldn't so I am joining this challenge. Looking forward to it:smile:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    OK I made it thru Sunday and Monday. But My husband asked me to wait for him to get off work to go shopping for dinner things. So by the time we got back Not only was I starving but I didn't get to eat until 6:30 and just finished which puts me just after my cut off time. :frown:
    The good news is if that's the worst I do I'm doing great!:wink:
  • abetterme
    Options
    I had forgotten to meantion that my cut off time for eating is 8:00pm, I suppose it really should be earlier but there is no way that it can be with our schedule with milking cows, so 8:00pm is it. Day 1 is behind me YAHOO!!:drinker:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Day 10 is history! :drinker: Seems like Dec's been good so far for me, every single day of it :happy: .
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't been a good post-er lately. Tonight is my new night 5. I even went dancing last night with a girl-friend of mine. We learned some new moves from a gay guy. It was awesome.
    The next thing I knew I had been dancing for three hours, then came home and went to bed... I exhausted myself! I didn't even have a drink after my cut-off... Yeah me!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I know I'm super late to start the challenge, but I want in! My cut off time is going to be 8:30. Tonight will be my Day 1, it is 8:29 and I just ate my last bite of grilled cheese! :ohwell: Yummy!!

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dewpearl
    Options
    I know I'm super late to start the challenge, but I want in! My cut off time is going to be 8:30. Tonight will be my Day 1, it is 8:29 and I just ate my last bite of grilled cheese! :ohwell: Yummy!!

Nay, you aren't late! As I keep telling people, we keep resetting our counters, so you might be surprised to know that even some of the old members of the club are at day 1.

I got so sick of reseting mine, though, that I preferred to go to bed with a growling stomach. So did not have the best rest ever during the past week, but I'll sleep plenty when we visit our families. Which will be a good strategy :glasses: against all the tempting food they'll put under our noses. :laugh:

So, welcome :flowerforyou: and good luck!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Missed ya, Zaza! Don't worry, you'll manage. Save some of the delicious stuff for Christmas, will ya? :grumble: :wink: I love having you around, you're a role model :smile: . [still can't seem to make quote work - dewpearl wrote this]

Thank you dewpearl!! I appreciate that.
    I have been off the wagon - I hadn't been able to get to the scale at my usual time so I wasn't weighing myself, and I was busy and no willpower and now have a terrible cold. But, to my surprise, I discovered this morning that all is not lost. I actually lost a pound despite no exercise for a week. :smile:
    So, I am hoping to get back on board. With any luck, tonight will be my Day 1 for the umpteenth time. I need to make some progress before the Christmas debauchery begins in earnest. Good luck everyone!
  • zaza54
    Options
    wlhanisch - I'm very impressed. Way to go!!!:drinker: Keep up the great work. I'll think of you this evening if I make it to my ballroom dance class and party, and try to stay as disciplined as you.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey Zaza Welcome back! I have been wondering what happened to you. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Missed ya! Great job on being down a pound! So last night was day 11 for me. Yeah I passed my last one which was 10 days no late night snacking. Hopefully I can make it at least another week till my bday next Friday. Congrats to everyone else who is doing so great with the challenge. Keep up the good work.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Thank you usmcwifeb15 and well done on reaching 11 days!!!! It's hard to do, but you've made great progress.
    I actually forgot all about the challenge last night. Even though I haven't been feeling great because of a cold, my husband and I joined our friends for our ballroom dance class last night. As we walked out the door, our youngest arrived home from college. All I could say was we'll be back in an hour with pizza. So, I think we ate dinner around 9:15 and then I did have juice with cold medicine before bed so I'm not counting last night.
    Tonight WILL be Day 1. I'll check tomorrow and see how everyone did. It is especially hard in this festive holiday season.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Last night did not end up being Day 1 - I was prepping food for pre-Xmas family gathering today and didn't even realize I was tasting, etc. So, maybe tonight.
    I am excited about today - my parents will be here as will all 3 of my boys and 2 girlfriends to decorate the tree, have some holiday cheer and an early dinner. If time, we'll bake and decorate cookies too. I made the dough last night.
    Have a good day all.
    Zaza
  • dewpearl
    Options
    What do you call tasting, Zaza? I prepared couscous for my hubby last night (pre-cooked) and had smth like 1/2 a tsp to check it was OK. I still count yesterday as my day 13 :drinker: , though, cos I had in fact my last food (a banana) at 7:30ish.

Nice to have you back! And keep us posted, everyone. Hope some of you are still counting the days.
  • zaza54
    Options
    No worries dewpearl - that wasn't even tasting! My "tasting" involved a bit more. After that, I figured no point in worrying about it and went downhill from there. Last night wasn't good eiter - the freshly baked Christmas cookies tempted me.
    Tonight truly will be a fresh start!!!!
  • dewpearl
    Options
    No worries dewpearl - that wasn't even tasting! My "tasting" involved a bit more. After that, I figured no point in worrying about it and went downhill from there.

This is exactly what's bothering me. That once I allow myself a fruit or anything, I stop carrying. And this is exactly why I've been staying tough, although it was so hard at times.
    Tonight truly will be a fresh start!!!!

I'll drink :drinker: (a glass of watter :laugh: ) to that! Any day matters, in this hectic time of year so full of temptations. I'm sure you can do it!

I scored 14 last night :happy: . Two weeks of no food after 8p.m. (though at times 7p.m. even).
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I should join this challenge. My problem is that I always want to munch on something late at night while I'm watching TV. Always. ESPECIALLY when my husband's home. He'll come home with wine, crackers, and cheese...and I'm powerless. So...I am joining this challenge and starting tonight!