No more late night snacks challenge

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Way to go dewpearl!!!!!:flowerforyou:
    I got sidetracked again last. Spur of the moment I treated a very dear friend to dinner for her birthday. Today, once again, is a new day and I am so impressed and motivated by dewpearl's success that i know I can get back on track tonight. NO more late night snacking for me. I did it before, I can do it again.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Way to go dewpearl!!!!!:flowerforyou:
    I got sidetracked again last. Spur of the moment I treated a very dear friend to dinner for her birthday. Today, once again, is a new day and I am so impressed and motivated by dewpearl's success that i know I can get back on track tonight. NO more late night snacking for me. I did it before, I can do it again.

Thank you so much!!! :flowerforyou: I survived night 15, too :smile: . Wonder what the next days will bring: going out with friends tonight, leaving tomorrow evening (travel through the night) to go homey (yeay!), where there might be some gentle pressure on us to eat and eat and eat :wink: . I hope I can cut-off at 9p.m. from tomorrow on.

I'd say those 15 days have payed off :smile: . Good luck, everyone! :flowerforyou: I'll try come back here every now and then to check up on you :wink: . Zaza, I love your determination to start over again! You sure CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I did good last night! I wasn't going to have anything after 9 b/c I go to bed around 11, but I did have some rum and diet coke. However, I ended up going to bed around 1130 (not really by choice), so...no snacks two hours before...that counts right?

Does alcohol count as a snack?
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Survived last night, too :). So day 16. How's everyone else? This thread looks like my diary lately, hehe.
  • daisy0107
    Options
    I would like to join the snack challenge. It's my biggest weakness. Today will be day 1.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Back to night one. Last night I had nachos at 11:30pm. I was up with my little ones all night. Everyone here is sick. I tend to eat when I am tired. The worst thing is that I didn't even think about it until I put the empty plate in the sink, Grrrrr.

Wanda
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Back to night one. Last night I had nachos at 11:30pm. I was up with my little ones all night. Everyone here is sick. I tend to eat when I am tired. The worst thing is that I didn't even think about it until I put the empty plate in the sink, Grrrrr.

Wanda

How far did you make it, actually? I was long time :embarassed: by how far you had gotten :wink: .
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Wanda

How far did you make it, actually? I was long time :embarassed: by how far you had gotten :wink: .

8 days that time. I didn't make it again tonight. My boy has been up again and I ate an Oatmeal Raisin cookie. JUST ONE THOUGH. Tomorrow will be better.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Does alcohol count as a snack?

It does for me, cos it has calories. Well done on No 1 :wink: . Keep up the good work.

Wanda, congrats on stopping at 1 cookie. I'd say, if all next days are good, you could yday, too.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well back to day one for me. I made it 16 days this time. Just couldn't make it last night ate at 10 and went to bed around 11.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Wow usmcwifeb15, 16 days was great. you know you can do it again.
    I finally hit Day 1 again. I'm hoping I have now turned the tide. Has been a struggle ever since Thanksgiving. I slide an inch and it turns into a mile. I'll check back over the week-end. Another struggle, especially when the weather is bad and we're stuck at home.
  • zaza54
    Options
    dewpearl, how many days are you up to now? The last I read was 16 and that's phenomenal. :flowerforyou: Have you stuck with it? Hope so.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    dewpearl, how many days are you up to now? The last I read was 16 and that's phenomenal. :flowerforyou: Have you stuck with it? Hope so.

Hehe, thanks. Pretty much, given the circumstances. We were on road the past day and now with our family (boy, is this good!). I therefore upped my cut-off to 9p.m. (going to bed roughly at midnight anyway and there's a different time zone here, hehe). So, in short, day 18 was good, too :happy: .
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Update: day 19 (8p.m. was my cut-off, actually and after that I had my first rooibos tea :smile: )
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Update: day 19 (8p.m. was my cut-off, actually and after that I had my first rooibos tea :smile: )

New update: day 21. On day 20 I cut off at 8, but yesterday I ate till about 8:30-9 (I allowed myself to cut-off at 9p.m. while travelling and visiting the families).

Hanging on, everyone? Post your figures, please :glasses: , I suspect you'll all there quiet counting the days and are ahead of me, who need to post to keep acountable. :flowerforyou: Miss ya!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am horrible about eating late at night (DH is a late night eater) and since joining this site in May, i have actually GAINED 8 lb. Not blaming the site. Now, I'm not greatly overweight, but my lack of ability to control my weight is very depressing. So, I searched for this thread for the inspiration I needed for tonight to not eat past 8 p.m. I have my huge bottle of water sitting right beside me. Staying out of the kitchen. And just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for listening.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    I am horrible about eating late at night (DH is a late night eater) and since joining this site in May, i have actually GAINED 8 lb. Not blaming the site. Now, I'm not greatly overweight, but my lack of ability to control my weight is very depressing. So, I searched for this thread for the inspiration I needed for tonight to not eat past 8 p.m. I have my huge bottle of water sitting right beside me. Staying out of the kitchen. And just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for listening.

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Great job dewpearl!!!! You've made it into the 20s and at this time of year no less. VERY impressive!! :flowerforyou:
    I, on the other hand, have gotten completely out of control. This morning was the first day in a long time that I had gotten on a scale. Big mistake number 1. I am exactly where I was when I started on Aug. 25. :explode: I can't believe all my progress is out the window. :angry:
    Mistake number 2 was not getting on this site regularly. Of course, mistake number 3 was all the careless eating of junk and no exercise since I had a bad cold followed by a bad back. My back is still out , which means it will be that much harder to restrict calories while still in party mode, with guests in and out of the revolving door at our house.
    So, I am going to get back to this challenge and get on mfp every day. I will be looking to you dewpearl and everyone else for inspiration. Keep up the great work!
  • zaza54
    Options
    I finally made it to Day 1. Yeah!
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Great job dewpearl!!!! You've made it into the 20s and at this time of year no less. VERY impressive!! :flowerforyou:
    [...]
    So, I am going to get back to this challenge and get on mfp every day. I will be looking to you dewpearl and everyone else for inspiration. Keep up the great work!

Thanks!!! I made it to 27, then I lost track a bit, due to the traveling and all. Now I'm back home and ready to keep the habit I've been exercising throughout December :smile: .

Should we start a new thread on this now that it's '09 already? :wink:

Good luck, everyone, with pursuing your goals and you know, Zaza, you are an inspiration too, for always keeping on.