for members fasting ramadan -start august 1 st

Options

Replies

• sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    today i broke my fast with 3 dates n then i ate oranges, a pear n an apple...with some water...n i m feeling quite satisfied n not hungry or thirsty...n i m looking forward to a light dinner in a hour or so...may be some veggies...u ppl can also try fruit for thirst
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a dvd workout- by Jillian Michaels- you can look it up - has 3 diff. workouts on it- each one lasts about 20 minutes.. but it is intense in cardio - and most people are trying to do it for 30 days straight.

I messed up last night- had some heavy stuff.. and bad stuff .. not so happy and not proud, felt miserable afterwards- even in the am at suhur still didn't feel good.. for suhur had some cantaloupe and few grapes, small peach and a greek yogurt - and water .. now i'm heavy again but i know that's mostly water. Don't feel like it but ik now i need to go walking today at the gym again.. burn at least 500 kcls no matter what .

I don't think i will have any loss in this month , i'd be happy not to gain. My body just doesn't do well with this schedule. No matter what i eat i will gain. I'm used to have few smaller meals and this eating at night etc - and not getting enough water, not sleeping enough.. it's all just not really helping. And now i will be soon in the " pre- TOM symptoms that's where i usually put on another 3-5 lbs !!! - they mostly go away every time it's over but it's never fun !!
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bosanka, the idea of burning 500 cal per day is great! I implemented it today itself.:wink: Took a bit effort but I think it's worth it. I'm just hoping I could complete the 114 miles. I know later days in Ramadhan I would be super duper busy and may not exercise.:brokenheart:
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    im here just been busy family visiting who arent muslims so was kinda hectic and hard making them food also been making cakes and sweet desserts for iftari for muslim families on the street that sounds so bad feeding them cake etc but being a convert to islam my curries samosas etc are terrible but i can bake also had couple people ask me to make for them as well
    and my friend is moving home so ive been helping her out alittle with packing and getting bits and pieces she needs
    i havent had a regular exercise plan just grabbing what i can when i can mainly walking and cleaning but i have managed at least 60mins a day
    food is well whatever is easy to get but mostly an oven baked jacket potato and salad i will try be better honest its jsut i find ramadan hectic and with kids at home im feeling a little like a chicken with its head chopped off im that busy but everyone seems to be doing really well alhumdillallah
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat a whole day's worth of calories at almost 9:00 pm at night is not fun or easy (I missed suhoor this morning so I'd been fasting for almost 24 hours...yikes!). I was lightheaded and dizzy most of the day...to the point I had to do my prayers from a chair because whenever I would stand up I would see black spots and stars. :( I'm making sure I set an extra alarm so as not to have a repeat of this day tomorrow. It would have been so much worse if I had had to work!

these stars b4 the eyes reminds me of tom n jerry :)

God bless you
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Trying to eat a whole day's worth of calories at almost 9:00 pm at night is not fun or easy (I missed suhoor this morning so I'd been fasting for almost 24 hours...yikes!). I was lightheaded and dizzy most of the day...to the point I had to do my prayers from a chair because whenever I would stand up I would see black spots and stars. :( I'm making sure I set an extra alarm so as not to have a repeat of this day tomorrow. It would have been so much worse if I had had to work!

these stars b4 the eyes reminds me of tom n jerry :)

God bless you

& I luvvv T & J ;) My Childhood Favorite:laugh:
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    30 day shred is a dvd workout- by Jillian Michaels- you can look it up - has 3 diff. workouts on it- each one lasts about 20 minutes.. but it is intense in cardio - and most people are trying to do it for 30 days straight.

I messed up last night- had some heavy stuff.. and bad stuff .. not so happy and not proud, felt miserable afterwards- even in the am at suhur still didn't feel good.. for suhur had some cantaloupe and few grapes, small peach and a greek yogurt - and water .. now i'm heavy again but i know that's mostly water. Don't feel like it but ik now i need to go walking today at the gym again.. burn at least 500 kcls no matter what .

I don't think i will have any loss in this month , i'd be happy not to gain. My body just doesn't do well with this schedule. No matter what i eat i will gain. I'm used to have few smaller meals and this eating at night etc - and not getting enough water, not sleeping enough.. it's all just not really helping. And now i will be soon in the " pre- TOM symptoms that's where i usually put on another 3-5 lbs !!! - they mostly go away every time it's over but it's never fun !!

I think it gonna be ok, its shock to body n after Ramadan, switching to frequent small meals will be another shock! i heard little shocks do good :)
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

I am in the same Train i guess Ramadhaan doesnt do good to me interms of Weight Loss but then it's a blessing so Weight loss process may be resumed aftr Ramadhaan INSHAÁLLAH
    & Good U r not gaining :D look at me :(
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    July 31st-30DS L1 DAY1
    Aug 1-30DS L1 DAY2
    Aug 2-30DS L1 DAY3
    Aug 3-30DS L1 DAY4
    Aug 4-30DS L1 DAY5
    Aug 5-30DS L1 DAY 6
    Aug 6-30DS L1 DAY 7
    Aug 7-30DS L1 DAY 8
    Aug 8-30DS L1 DAY 9

one more day until level 1 is done.

I remember I lost 2lbs the first couple of days of Ramadan then got my period and gained 4lbs, soo mad I told myself I wasn't gonna check the scale until Aug 22nd...LOL Let's see how this works out. I can't go more than two days without checking it, so far its been three days. I figured I can't do much different this month so I'll focus on eating good(as much as possible it is Ramadan after all) and completing the shred. And leave the rest to Allah. I'm excited can't wait until Aug 22 hehe.
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Asalam alaikum everyone!

Glad to see this thread and so glad that non-Muslims have been checking it out too. Alhamdulillah this will be my fifth year as a Muslim and fasting and I am really trying to commit to staying on track with my eating. Turkey is pretty hot so i haven't felt motivated to exercise yet.... This thread is starting to motivate me!

I have been trying to eat mainly raw and it has been working well.
    Pre-Dawn Meal--

1/2c oats
    1Tbsp Holy Crap Cereal (Check this out if you don't know what it is! Super high in fiber and good protein!! Love it)
    1 tsp of flax seed
    15ish raisins
    15 dried mulberries
    1 tsp of honey
    sprinkle of cinn
    cover with non-fat milk

a slice or two of watermelon
    lots of water!!!

This keeps me totally satiated until it is time to break fast. No headaches (which i struggled with in the past) or hunger pangs.

To Break Fast

I juice-- usually melons, peaches, ginger, carrots, mint etc.
    One big glass
    and I allow myself whatever salad is being served that night

I have been tracking my calories and fall into the calories I need in a day.

Oh and of course ALWAYS a square of dar 72% cocoa!!!

Love that there is a thread going for those fasting! Looking forward to being in touch!
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Aug. 1- missed
    Aug. 2- missed
    Aug.3- missed
    Aug.4- 24 minutes 1mile 120calories
    Aug.5-missed
    Aug.6-missed
    Aug.7-missed
    Aug8- 18 minutes 1 mile 100calories
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    august 1st 1mile
    august 2nd 2 mile
    aug 3rd- aug 9th 2mile total 17miles not too bad could be better

must drink more water as i feel headachy and faint by ttime but im staying under on calories in shaa allah i can keep it up
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Asalam alaikum everyone!

Glad to see this thread and so glad that non-Muslims have been checking it out too. Alhamdulillah this will be my fifth year as a Muslim and fasting and I am really trying to commit to staying on track with my eating. Turkey is pretty hot so i haven't felt motivated to exercise yet.... This thread is starting to motivate me!

I have been trying to eat mainly raw and it has been working well.
    Pre-Dawn Meal--

1/2c oats
    1Tbsp Holy Crap Cereal (Check this out if you don't know what it is! Super high in fiber and good protein!! Love it)
    1 tsp of flax seed
    15ish raisins
    15 dried mulberries
    1 tsp of honey
    sprinkle of cinn
    cover with non-fat milk

a slice or two of watermelon
    lots of water!!!

This keeps me totally satiated until it is time to break fast. No headaches (which i struggled with in the past) or hunger pangs.

To Break Fast

I juice-- usually melons, peaches, ginger, carrots, mint etc.
    One big glass
    and I allow myself whatever salad is being served that night

I have been tracking my calories and fall into the calories I need in a day.

Oh and of course ALWAYS a square of dar 72% cocoa!!!

Love that there is a thread going for those fasting! Looking forward to being in touch!

welcome on board! like the recipe and meal ideas

im falling off the track, but ill try to recover with lots of water dinner time!

i have seen the chickpeas and kidney beans make me so full at iftar tht i dont look for other things to binge! and check my cal goals very easily. ill post the pakistani recipe today after coming from taraweeh
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Chickpeas or garbanzo beans - boiled I don't use canned
    Baking soda- 1tsp
    Salt- 1tsp
    Onion- 1 med
    Tomato- 1 med
    Yoghurt, full fat or skimmed your choice- as much u like u can skip it too
    Chaat masala can be found in any Pakistani store or substitue with green chillier

Rinse chickpeas drain all water add baking soda and make sure rub on all of them add enough water to cover the chickpeas. Let it soak for at least 4 hours
    Add more water if most of it is imbibed, water should be 3 inches high
    Add salt, onion and let it boil on very light flame for 3 hours or use pressure cooker. I prefer first, coz with pressure cooker is not a good idea with soda, heard of some blast stories, the precaution is to switch off the flame, let the cooker cool down and release all the pressure then you can happily open the lid.
    Another tip, if u have to have add mote water coz chickpeas are not well down and all water has been absorbed then never add cold or tap water, first boil water then add it otherwise chickpeas will never get soft.

Ok the chickpeas are done. You can refrigerate it for 4-5 days.

When chickpeas are cooled down, add diced onions, tomatoes, chat masala or green chillis
    Put some yogurt and have a filling meal.

No hard n fast ingredients can add lettuce and cucumbers too.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I finally got some actual walking in! I burned 461 cals for 80 mins of walking....don't know how many miles though. I'm really thirsty though. Two hours and 15 mins left till I can break my fast!
  • bosanka
    Options
    Good job :) do what you can ..

i did 50 min of eliptical - 4,86 mil- and another 20 min of weights and stretching - total 500 kcls.
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great going people! Mashalla we're on the 10th ramadaan today. Only 20 more to go
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Alhamdulilah I'm done Level 1 of the shred...I can't believe I did it 10 days in a row. Level 2 starts today...man my body hurts just thinking about it.

20more days of Ramadan left, I want to really focus on Ibaadah since TOM is also gone I am looking forward to salah and reading Quraan more often. I have a goal of memorizing a juz and a half and I'm only half way there so will need to push it inshaAllah.

Have an awesome day everyone :D
  • bosanka
    Options
    masha Allah sis.. that's a great goal - hope you accomplish it.

About the last 10 days of ramadan i'm not really sure if i will continue with working out ? .. you all know the meaning of the last 10 days.. will see how it goes.. mostly it's about the last 10 nights.. but if you stay up in the night.. don't know if working out will be happening.. let's see how it goes.

I don't want to lose any of you - so let's stay in touch and see if we can come up with a new topic- new goal after ramadan , someone allready suggested a eid challange .. but we can see what we come up with
    but after ramadan i'm expecting to kick it - hope to see you all after ramadan as well
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Right after Ramadan I'll be taking a long needed vacation with my family to sunny Florida! Can't wait to spend time in the *private* pool! I get a little pale, ya know, and it's nice to have the opportunity to get some sun! ;) I'll still be logging everyday because I don't want to lose my login count (every day since December 28, 2010)! But after vacation I will be trying super hard to add my bike back in along with some weights/resistance bands. I even have the often mentioned 30 day Shred DVD that I might brave! I'm just too tired this month and having to go to work and be somewhat productive really forces me to get some sleep instead of exercising. I'm really proud of those of you that can fit the exercise in!