for members fasting ramadan -start august 1 st

Replies

• edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Salam alaikum /Hello everyone,

how is your fasting going? it was good for me today except the water ...but i survived....however i didnt survive when it came to dinner, tried to make good choices, but i think its so hard not to feel that you overate, because at the beginning I drink like 1 L of water and then when i eat i feel so bloated........ugh, but i know it takes time to get used to , at least a few days......i have some good recipies that i will be posting when i find some time, its hard because tarawih prayer is late and then by the time i get back home its time to sleep-then wake up, work at 6-7am...but its all worth it....have a great Ramada everyone!
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    PS i suggest protein shake for Suhoor , my shake kept me full for most of the day...along with something else that you want to eat but if you get the 100calories shake and make it with almond milk 35 calories, u can fit it in along with other food...it really helps
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    you all can join - anytime- :) no need to ask for permission to join.

yes- peanut butter is fine .. you can do that.. = i'm sorry if i made it more difficult for you i just wanted to help out but didn't know your situation sister. Of co urse - work arround what you have on hand until you can afford other things.

Lentil soup turned out to be really good for me - easy, quick. h ealthy.. cheap.. what more can you ask for ?

i slipped too at iftar- had a few chips :(( .. and i too feel the " bloated " feeling bc had so much water .. and wanted to have some fruits instead of desserts so during the prayer i felt soo heavy .. kept regreting.. but to wait with food until after terawih is also too late to eat..

i'm worried how i will wake up at 2:15 ish.. it's 11 now i didn't get to sleep at all last night - or during the day.. have to go now
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 297 Member
    Brothers & Sisters,

I'm really feeling it today. I didn't sleep at all last night. (By the time I got back from taravee and went to bed, it was past midnight, I then was worried I wouldn't wake up if I went to sleep, Now I have a big headache and I have to leave for work.. Oh did I mention I work in sales? So I have to talk ALOT over the day. Please make dua that these fasts go easy on me. (And everyone else inshalla).
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Assalaam alaikom/hello everyone :)

I'm fasting Ramadan aswell :) If anyone wants to, feel free to add me :) I'm from the UK.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    asalamalaikum

how are we all today?
    the rice dish worked well for me and i ate more at around 1 before fast started at 1:30 these are long days
    today im making lentil soup with baby corn and green beans and some chappattis sehri will probably be fruit and cereals

i did 1hr walking yesterday 2mph i manged 3 in total so far but i cant get the ticker to go on my signature

in shaa allah we all have a good day
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    I woke up again to check if I could fast, but still excused.....insha'allah tomorrow I can! It makes it a bit awkward when at work people come up to me and say hey, isn't it Ramadan? Why are you eating lunch?!? I'm glad they are aware of things that happen outside of their own beliefs but I really feel weird saying why I'm not fasting (I don't feel that same level of weirdness here obviously!) :) I did have a giant headache and was so tired yesterday....my mom said it was just from thinking about having to fast. Haha! I did ride my bike yesterday for about 4.6 miles and walked 0.36 miles for work...I just haven't gotten on my laptop to get the link to update my ticker. May Allah make it easy for us all! Have a great day!
  • Ameen.

Asalaamu alaikum everyone. I woke up too late to exercise this morning, but in time for suhoor.....but, apparently it didn't matter....TOM started today. :ohwell: I was really kind of disappointed because I felt that I had an excellent start to Ramadan yesterday. But, masha'Allah. So, guess that means I'll get my work-out done after all today, insh'Allah.

Monkey....fasting starts at 1:30 there?! :noway: Wow! Or..was that a typo?

Bosanka...you didn't make it more difficult for me sis, no apologies needed...I just wanted to clarify, that's all. :smile:

I'll keep everyone in du'a.
  • moon83
    moon83 Posts: 5
    Hello everyone,
    Yesterday went better than I expected, I stuck to my diet & it wasn't bad at all. I drank so much water & for the first time in I can't remember how long I didnt have a single coke :smile: I am so addicted to coke it isnt funny. So for me to not drink a single coke on the first day of ramadan is a big deal for me.
    Today, I am taking my kids & having fatoor at my parents house insha Allah, I dont know what they're making, but I know it will be good. I will do the same as yesterday & stick to small portions today & try to drink lots of water.
    I need to start walking today, so I might do an hour before fatoor insha Allah. Walking is the only thing that works for me.
    Well I hope everyone has a great day & easy fasting insha Allah :flowerforyou:
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Salam
    Yesterday it was a good start. i tried to change my location in my profile so tht i can log on from iftar to sahoor as one day but it didnt work as the date change at 12am so wht im doing now sahoor for fast +iftar n dinner b4 12 is logged as one day. did any body found any other way? but this one is working. But i was afraid may be ill not get time to log in after taraweh and then next day will start.. i joined on 28 May and i miss a day for some reason and my counter restarts like im on my 5 day yet :) but as long as im going towards my goal it shouldnt matter but xxxxx has logged in 100 days in row -- looks very inspiring :)

anyways for my last fast

Sahoor:
    1 cup of milk
    1/2 Brown Khubz or pita
    0.75 cup lintels

Iftar:
    I cup of fruits cocktail or chaat (homemade)
    3 dates (i usually used to eat just 1 but tht article made me took 2 more :)
    Brown bread sandwich with 10g of cheddar cheese
    tea

Dinner:(after taraweh)
    Oats with milk

it was under my cal goal. could manage 4 glasses of water only...
    So guys any suggestions to make alterations
  • monkeysmum
    Ameen.

Asalaamu alaikum everyone. I woke up too late to exercise this morning, but in time for suhoor.....but, apparently it didn't matter....TOM started today. :ohwell: I was really kind of disappointed because I felt that I had an excellent start to Ramadan yesterday. But, masha'Allah. So, guess that means I'll get my work-out done after all today, insh'Allah.

Monkey....fasting starts at 1:30 there?! :noway: Wow! Or..was that a typo?

Bosanka...you didn't make it more difficult for me sis, no apologies needed...I just wanted to clarify, that's all. :smile:

I'll keep everyone in du'a.

nope not a typo our fast timetable is 1:30am give or take the odd minutes daily last day it will be nearer 2am and we end at just past 9pm nearer to 8:30pm at the end hence my desire to fast even tho they arent counted i have a couple days TOM left but i wanted to see if i could do it in shaa allah i will past couple years i was very ill but i think alot of that was made worse by doing school run 3x a day and being up from 6am until around 11:30 then up for sehri it didnt go well but this year it is all in summer holidays so i can take it easier and not be pushing myself beyond what i can do
    make dua for me please
  • Wow sis...I will keep you in du'a, insh'Allah. I thought suhoor at 4am was bad. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from sis? I never realized that some people had to begin their fast that early....I'm amazed.
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Just what i was looking for!! A great much needed topic. I'm surprised to see so many people here. Could do with some support especially as i've just come back from holiday and straight into Ramadan. Great ideas for exercises. In the past i never thought of alternative exercising routines as i thought i'd get dehydrated. Thank you for starting this!
  • @dexters_dexterity wow at 1:30 am-9pm...WOW that is an all day fast. May Allah make it easier for your.

Fasting yesterday was not bad until close to the last hour....but the surprising thing was that I couldn't eat much at all after breaking my fast. I had 1L of water, 3 dates and a banana. My stomach wouldn't except more. I was able to do 30DS with a minor cramp in the stomach. After my workout it was already 10pm, I had a protein smoothie with strawberries and mango and it took me one hour to finish it...I was soo full.

For Suhoor I woke up hungry so had chickpeas, a big salad and cottage cheese...I found it was easier to eat suhoor.

I was soo sleepy in the morning going into work..probably due to lack of caffeine.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    I'm also interessted where you live sister- that is a super long fast .. may Allah make it easy for you and all the people in that part of world especially .

Didn't wake up this am for workout- missed it.. but i got a few hours of sleep- now taking kids to school and going to gym to try out to walk there .. will let you know how that one went...
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    In London today, Suhoor was at 2.37 and Iftar is at 8.51! What's everyone having for iftar today? Last night i had a date, banana milkshake, mango slices to break my fast and then tandoori chicken, potato wedges,pasta salad and steamed vegetables for dinner.
  • monkeysmum
    Wow sis...I will keep you in du'a, insh'Allah. I thought suhoor at 4am was bad. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from sis? I never realized that some people had to begin their fast that early....I'm amazed.

im in the uk near leeds not sure why its so long or such an early start i did think maybe it was an error but several mosques have the same times so it must be right we are still lucky at the end of the day we can eat i am thinking more this ramadan of those who cant because i know how ill i feel by the end of the day and knowing there isnt really a reason to go to bed ofr maybe 1hr and then get up again its easier to stay away that extra hour or so we are very blessed we have food
    i didnt think i could do the summer fasting but i am its hard and i feel ill by the end of the day but at the minute im not too bad i do need to pick up an iron suplement tho as im not overly convinced i can get as much iron a si need in the 1 meal and light meal im having but im trying hard to not give in
  • monkeysmumm said an important reminder. That this ramadan there will be those who won't even have a meal to break their fast. We have something to look forward to and they don't. It makes me sad when I see so much food being wasted at Iftaar parties at peoples houses or at the mosque. This year I vowed not to go to any iftar party but to stay at home and eat little food
  • Salaams,

I really liked this article....it put a lot of things into perspective for me. So I decided to do my cardio workout after iftar and then follow that up with a protein shake and lots of water.
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    @dexters_dexterity wow at 1:30 am-9pm...WOW that is an all day fast. May Allah make it easier for your.

Fasting yesterday was not bad until close to the last hour....but the surprising thing was that I couldn't eat much at all after breaking my fast. I had 1L of water, 3 dates and a banana. My stomach wouldn't except more. I was able to do 30DS with a minor cramp in the stomach. After my workout it was already 10pm, I had a protein smoothie with strawberries and mango and it took me one hour to finish it...I was soo full.

For Suhoor I woke up hungry so had chickpeas, a big salad and cottage cheese...I found it was easier to eat suhoor.

I was soo sleepy in the morning going into work..probably due to lack of caffeine.

No my timings are not 1:30 am-9pm, i live in saudia and here timings are 3:30am to 6:30pm approximately but yes i would like to know where monkeysmum lives :) infact i was thinking to update my geology abt why this difference occurs on different parts of the world?

ok i had chickpeas and fruit cocktail and brown bread sandwiches at iftar and a cup of tea after maghrib salah but i was too bloated during taraweh so when i came home i just made a green tea for myself and now im pushing water in ...