Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    ate 2 servings of fruits and 2 veggies and 4 glasses of water so far !!! whoot !!! getting ready to make Ratatouille for dinner ,oh yeah ill have more than enough veggies in for today !!!!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm so excited! I frantically looked for my name on the list, and was so excited when I found it, I almost cried! YAY!!

Last night was such a tough night for me emotionally. Tony and I got into a bit of a spiff - well, hurtful things were said by both, and quite honestly it was a verbal fight. So, of course, what did I do? I ate macaroni and cheese (my comfort food) at 11:00 PM last night watching 27 Dresses. :sad: Then, I had a good cry. Finally, at 1:00 AM I slept.

Today is better. Today is the "present" - a gift from God. So, I'm going to use it to be stronger and learn from my PAST mistakes. Today I'm going to eat well, because I deserve it. My body deserves it. My mind deserves it. My overall health deserves it. And, because when it comes right down to it, macaroni and cheese at 11:00 PM at night does NOT make me feel better.

And, I'm going to blog about it. I'm going to say things that never in a million years would I have ever said to 140+ people I don't know, like what I'm saying now, because they're going to help me pull through it. My CCC friends will let me know that it's OK, and we all make mistakes, and it's time to be strong and move forward. Yesterday was the past and today is the "present" - beautifully wrapped and waiting for me to open it up and marvel at what's inside. ~ Christine
    NEVER LOOK BACK !!!! ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD,!!!! things will get better :) mistakes made ,its a new day to start making it right :)
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday and today:
    Yesterday :I had 4 servings of vegetables and 3 of fruits all below my calories for the day! I know I need to eat more than 1200 but still getting a hang out of it. I also drank 9 cups of water so I did fine!

Today: I have already eaten 2 servings of vegetables and 1 of fruit and drank 6 cups of water!

I didn't include this at the begining when I signed up but... my measures are as follows as of today:
    waist - 35
    hips - 38
    thighs - 21
    arms - 11
    neck 13

SW: 157
    GW: 130
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    for today:13 cups of water.
    fruit:6 servings
    veggies:2 servings.
    need to work on the veggies :)
    have a wonderful blessed day every one
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with the exams, Jenn!! And sorry, I still haven't got a tape yet but I will definitely get one before the weekend and post up my measurements as soon as I can.

Yesterday:
    2 litres of water
    Blueberries, spinach, tomatoes, apple, corn.

Today:
    2 litres of water
    Blueberries, avocado, tomatoes, apple.

I also find it harder to get the fruit and veggies in each day but I'm trying!

Good work everyone, and keep it up!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Oooooh Im excited!! Getting the fruit and veg in is easy for me, but the water really is a struggle!!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Ok I did great with the water but short on the fruit and veggies. I think I'm at 3 instead of 4. I usually eat fruits and veggies quite fine though
  • gennybunny1
    gennybunny1 Posts: 209
    Options
    All done for the day, 80oz's of water, 2 fruit and 3 veg. for the day. Great challenge!!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Measurements---
    chest - 37
    waist- 33.5
    hips-39
    arm-11.5
    thigh-24

so far so good with the challenge.
    now if only the weight would drop.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    got all my fruits/veggies plus 1, and got close to my water, I'm still working at it!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day today :frown: Totally choked on my certification assessment. Won't know for 3-4 months if I passed or not but either way, I definitely didn't perform to my own standards. Took a nap in the middle of the day instead of moving. Then spent tonight binging (one of my biggest downfalls). Somehow, I still managed to get in all of my water but it was all in the last 4 hours so I'm guessing I'll be up in the middle of the night to pee, lol. I'm pretty sure I got all my veggies because I went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and had a ridiculous amount of salad.

So I was feeling pretty down to say the least. :sad: Then I decided to check in here before heading to bed. SOOOOO thankful I did because each and everyone of you has made me smile. I see your dedication to making your lives better and it really gives me a boost. Yes, today was a bad day and I allowed myself to wallow in it. However, the pity party has just ended and I've already decided that tomorrow is going to be wonderful. :bigsmile:

You are all fantastic! Have a wonderful evening and I'll see you all tomorrow!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    *bump*
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! WE are making it happen! I had a busy work day on the road early and brought some goodies with me to snack on. Enjoyed a Mahi Mahi taco with lots of vegies for lunch. Still working on finishing up my water. Very tired when I got home but after taking a quick look at this site and catching up on things I pushed myself out the door for a walk, since I missed my gym class. Feeling pretty good.

Sooooo Glad to be in this group! Thanks everyone:flowerforyou:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey Miss Jenn - good job feeling what you were feeling then letting it go.:happy: You did the right thing checking in here! What an awesome group - lot's of Positive Energy, my favorite :bigsmile:

Hang in there :flowerforyou:

Judy
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Been good on the water and fruits and veggies.. Yesterdat was tough and I ended up eating a carrot shortly before bed :smile:

Hopefully today will be good, too.

Anna- I bet you did better than you think. We always tend to underestimate ourself. :wink:
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    It was a tough food day - seemed like I was hungry the whole day. I swim 35-45 minutes after work then ride my bike home (3.5 mi). Mon & Tues I did not eat a lot of my calories back and I think that's what did me in today. I am just one under today and I drank almost all my water. The veggies and fruits will not be hard for me ...living in the Central Valley of California blesses us with the freshest fruits and veggies you could dream of.

I am glad to be a part of such a caring group of people.

Sweet Dreams,
    Teri
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Been drinking 2L of water everyday but not w/ the fruits & veggies though. I still haven't shopped and I'm on a student budget so... :|
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Gmorning CCC friends! You are are doing awesome. I am glad to be a part of such a great group. I will try hard to get my water fruits and veggies today. I have a Zumba class this mornig so I am stoked. I love Zumba, it makes me feel young again, lol.

(((Hugs))) Jenn, I am sure that you did an amazing job on your exam. You are such a great person for doing all of this for us too. Thanks so much.

Keep the healthy recipes coming. I can't wait to try them this weekend. The Crockpot, casseroles and stir-fry meals are big hits around here. I love finding new healthy and yummy recipes to feed my brood.

Let's make it a great day ladies. We are on our way to giving ourselves a great Christmas gift this year. The gift of a healthier body. Be blessed.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Hi CCCer's its been a good morning here.

So far this week have drank and eaten more than needed for this week challenge so feel good about that.

Hey Jenn you've got the right PMA (positive mental Attitude)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Jenn - Your tag line has inspired me, and I am so happy to see that you really take it to heart by letting today be a new start.:flowerforyou: Thanks for getting this challenge together. You reap what you sow - so I am sure it will come back to you in many happy unexpected ways.

Have a Thrilling Thursday everyone!!!