INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Just finished the first month's workouts! Definately fitter, lost some weight and some inches. Thanks Happyisthin for starting this challenge and thanks to everyone who keeps posting--knowing you all are around has helped keep me motivated.

I'm still intimidated by month two, though...

I'll be finishing month one tomorrow! (minus the break day).. my ab definition has improved slightly, and my endurance has increased(: I'm soo glad I started it too.. so it's no problem at all. haha agreed, you all keep me motivated as well!
    Month two will be OURS.

Congrats on finishing month one ladies!!
  • bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    Options
    Did the cardio core & balance this morning. I don't really feel like I need or want a full week of recovery, but I'll assume Shaun knows more about it than I do...

If you haven't done this workout before, be careful with your hip flexors--you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 1 and it's really kicking my butt - I had hoped it would have started to get easier by now. I didn't actually complete the whole circuit today - had to rush off to the bathroom with about 8 minutes to go, oh dear oh dear.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I start Month 2 tomorrow, and I am so very scared. I played it yesterday just to see what was to come and I honestly think I burnt calories just watching them. I'm down 4 pounds since my start date so lets see what Month 2 will bring. So just in case let me say good-bye to my Insanity friends today as I may be dead after tomorrows workout.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Due to my week of being sick, I redid last week. I'm so close to a few of my goals right now, I can't believe it and due to doing Insanity and my other workouts every week I can honestly say that I see a difference in my body! ;) Keep on digging everyone!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I start Month 2 tomorrow, and I am so very scared. I played it yesterday just to see what was to come and I honestly think I burnt calories just watching them. I'm down 4 pounds since my start date so lets see what Month 2 will bring. So just in case let me say good-bye to my Insanity friends today as I may be dead after tomorrows workout.

This just CRACKED ME UP! I totally understand what you mean, I watched it since its been awhile from when I actually had done month 2-and it scared me AGAIN. But- its SO worth it. Month two really kicks your butt into shape and I could tell a difference after each workout (or so it felt like.)
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everyone! You're all doing faaantastic. Today marked the first day of my recovery week.. what a burn. Holy cow. And I can definitely say I'm nervous for month two as well.. ahhh.
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I'm so proud of everyone! You're all doing faaantastic. Today marked the first day of my recovery week.. what a burn. Holy cow. And I can definitely say I'm nervous for month two as well.. ahhh.

Oh I remember recovery week workouts...eeek! HIP FLEXOR HELL! Congrats to everyone once again!

I have to share my NSV today- I did the Cardio Power and Resistance workout (I am repeating week 4 one more time before recovery week) and I did it without pausing the DVD once! I was really proud of myself, not only did I not pause it but I also did each interval without taking ANY breaks during them, and then I rewound the last interval including the added on "hop squats and 8 pushups" and did it again!! I felt a LOT stronger, way better, and VERY accomplished!!

Just had to share because I am in a really, really good mood right now!
  • sabyx_is
    Options
    How is everyone feeling about starting Month 2 next week? Nervous, I guess? I know I am. I had a peek at Monday's workout and I almost cried watching the exercises. It even felt long watching the video, let alone doing it. I'm scared :-S

What's everyone's progress like? I lost 6.5 lbs without trying too hard (went from 137 to 130.5) and also lost 5 inches from all over. I use a Ki Fit (the UK version of the Body Bugg) to keep track of how many calories I burn throughout the day... during the last 30 days I burnt on average 2850 cals/day whilst eating something in the region of 1800-2000 cals/day (sometimes more on days when I was extra active). Below are my stats for Month 1 (on average per each individual workout):

Fit Test: 130 cals

Plyometric Cardio Circuit: 268 cals

Cardio Power and Resistance: 230 cals

Cardio Recovery: 128 cals

Pure Cardio: 259 cals

Cardio Abs: 74 cals

Core Cardio and Balance: 202 cals

Are you guys planning on doing both workouts on Monday - Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit - back to back? Somebody in a different forum suggested doing the Fit Test on Sunday so that it wouldn't be too much of a mission on Monday trying to perform well in both workouts. But then that would mean no rest day :( What do you think?
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    How is everyone feeling about starting Month 2 next week? Nervous, I guess? I know I am. I had a peek at Monday's workout and I almost cried watching the exercises. It even felt long watching the video, let alone doing it. I'm scared :-S

What's everyone's progress like? I lost 6.5 lbs without trying too hard (went from 137 to 130.5) and also lost 5 inches from all over. I use a Ki Fit (the UK version of the Body Bugg) to keep track of how many calories I burn throughout the day... during the last 30 days I burnt on average 2850 cals/day whilst eating something in the region of 1800-2000 cals/day (sometimes more on days when I was extra active). Below are my stats for Month 1 (on average per each individual workout):

Fit Test: 130 cals

Plyometric Cardio Circuit: 268 cals

Cardio Power and Resistance: 230 cals

Cardio Recovery: 128 cals

Pure Cardio: 259 cals

Cardio Abs: 74 cals

Core Cardio and Balance: 202 cals

Are you guys planning on doing both workouts on Monday - Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit - back to back? Somebody in a different forum suggested doing the Fit Test on Sunday so that it wouldn't be too much of a mission on Monday trying to perform well in both workouts. But then that would mean no rest day :( What do you think?

Great results! I am also very nervous for month 2...
    I'm doing the back-to-back because that is what the schedule calls for. No wayy am I sacrificing my break day.. a break day is a break day. I'll probably finish the fit test (which shouldn't burn us out too bad), re-fill my water bottle, relax for a few minutes, and go for the workout. I'm sure we can do it!
  • bexp2
    Options
    Looking forward to starting Month 2 tomorrow! The recovery week was fine, but I want to burn more calories! I think the Max workouts will take care of that.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Looking forward to starting Month 2 tomorrow! The recovery week was fine, but I want to burn more calories! I think the Max workouts will take care of that.

Definitely will. Be sure to let me know how Max Interval Circuit is! :smile:
  • bexp2
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit done, and...not so bad!

But no Tanya!?! WTF? At least my girl Anna was there!

It's kind of a fun workout with some new moves and combos of familiar ones, but I was able to keep up fairly well, and I'm sure all of you will be able to as well. I got a really good (for me) calorie burn, 398; I tend to be on the low end of the calorie burns I've seen others post, so it will be interesting to see what you all get.

Extra credit to those of you doing the Fit Test before the workout!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit done, and...not so bad!

But no Tanya!?! WTF? At least my girl Anna was there!

It's kind of a fun workout with some new moves and combos of familiar ones, but I was able to keep up fairly well, and I'm sure all of you will be able to as well. I got a really good (for me) calorie burn, 398; I tend to be on the low end of the calorie burns I've seen others post, so it will be interesting to see what you all get.

Extra credit to those of you doing the Fit Test before the workout!

How did you do on the fit test? Whenever you did it. haha it's soo awesome that you didn't think Max Interval Circuit was too bad! I thought it was so much harder than month one workouts. I probably could have pushed myself even harder with some of the moves, but I had less energy from also doing the Fit Test beforehand.

I'll go ahead and post my fit test results;

Switch Kicks : 70 to 75
    Power Jacks : 50 to 56
    Power Knees : 90 to 94
    Power Jumps : 30 to 34
    Globe Jumps : 8 to 9
    Suicide Jumps : 17 to 19
    Push-up Jacks : 17 to 23
    Low Plank Oblique : 56 to 64
  • zojo78
    zojo78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So I did my fit test this morning - I didn't get much sleep last night and my legs were like lead thanks to my gym session yesterday, so I think I could've done better, but on the whole I'm pleased. Here's my results, wk 1/wk 3/wk 5

Switch Kicks = 47 / 60 / 64
    Power Jacks = 31 / 39 / 35
    Power Knees = 70 / 75 / 70
    Power Jumps = 15 / 23 / 26
    Globe Jumps = 7 / 8 / 10
    Suicide Jumps = 10 / 8 / 10
    Push-up Jacks = 22 / 33 / 38
    Low Plank Obliques = 39 / 49 / 53

First Max Interval in a bit - eek!!
  • msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I did my fit test this morning and here's my results

Switch Kicks: 44/54/80
    Power Jacks: 54/56/50
    Power Knees: 98/110/127
    Power Jumps: 23/35/38
    Globe Jumps:7/9/9
    Suicide Jumps: 9/10/14
    Push-Up Jacks: 13/20/30
    Low Plank Oblique: 50/80/101

I've lost 5 inches total and 5 lbs. 23 more workouts to go!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Great fit tests, ladies! :flowerforyou: How're you liking month two so far?!
  • msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Shaun T and I are not cool anymore, LOL! Wasn't feeling that Max plyo this evening, didn't do my best but I did what I could until the end. Hope tomorrow is better. Hopefully by the end of next week I'm used of the exercises, I never took that many breaks in Month 1.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I just read through all pages of this thread. My MFP Pal MsCCarter referred me here so just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully join you guys on this insane journey. Seems like everyone has been doing very well.

I too started on August 1st and finished month 1. Started month 2 yesterday with the fit test. Already eating fairly clean and healthy so haven't been using their nutrition plan. But I did try the turkey burger and that was pretty good. Insanity is definitely the hardest workout I have ever done. Although I hate it sometimes and I want to punch Shaun T in the face :laugh:, I love that I am stronger than ever before and I am even starting to see some bicpes LOL.

I can't attribute ALL of my results in month 1 to Insanity because I have also been running 3 days a week and doing some strength training. However, I know Insanity is a big part of what I have managed to achieve in the past month and for that I am grateful. I did the max interval circuit today and oh my lord was that tough. I thought Pure Cardio (aka Pure Hell) was the worst of month 1 but I think I might hate max interval circuit even more.

Here are my fit test results so far if you're interested.
    Switch kicks - 61-50-94
    Power Jacks - 51-52-61
    Power Knees - 88-102-115
    Powre Jumps - 24-29-40
    Globe Jumps - 5-6-12
    Suicide Jumps - 12-10-15
    Push-up Jacks - 15-17-23
    Low Plank Oblique - 30-35-43

I was relieved when I read in the thread that some people's 2nd fit test results were lower. I felt like a loser when this happened but I feel better knowing that this was probably normal as I was definitely working harder to maintain form on the 2nd test.

I wish you all the best on the rest of your insane yourney and I'd love to be a part of your support group here to keep cheering each other on.:drinker:
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    So i have a question for everyone-
    I was supposed to start recovery week on last Friday...but we moved that day and since then I haven't fit in a single insanity workout (so 6 days) because unpacking and moving plus work has completely drained me. Let me tell you, carrying beds/dressers/other heavy furniture plus unpacking and having an entire house of chaos hasn't been fun, and I can feel it in my arms everyday. I feel bad about missing almost an entire week of insanity but I know I was still getting a pretty good workout.

But-now that my house isn't in complete shambles anymore and I have found all of my workout clothes/shoes and what not, I don't know where to start. Should I start insanity all over again!? Ugh I wish I hadn't fallen out of the routine but it was a chaotic week. I am contemplating another week of month 1-then on to recovery week or just doing recovery week now...

please help! I don't want to cheat my body or myself and I know I didn't do a complete 60 days but starting all over again just sounds terrible, especially since I don't feel like i've lost what I built in the first month.

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!