INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options
I decided that I want to give it all I've got and finally try doing Insanity with the meal plan.. minus Shakeology. (I'll take EAS whey protein, though). I finished 30 Day Shred a few days ago, and I hope I'm ready to bump it up..! I'm also going to purchase a heart rate monitor very soon.. I just need to pick one.

Definitely need some motivation buddies to start this mission with me! :happy:

Who's in?!

Replies

• MaximM
    MaximM Posts: 17
    Options
    What's the insanity challenge? haha. After I hear about it, maybe I will join :)
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    By Insanity "Challenge", I meant.. doing the Insanity DVDs. haha. it's a challenge on it's own! :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!! I have done it twice already. It's definitely going to get you where you want to be if you actually stick to it! I would do it again with you, but starting Saturday I'm doing to P90x/Insanity hybrid.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have started it twice and never seem to get through the Max phase. It is intense!!! Good luck!
  • texasfrog1021
    Options
    We started Insanity a couple of months ago then my bf broke his toe so he couldn't do it for a little while. We're also trying to start a family and I'm just not sure it's a good idea for me to do while trying. I plan to talk to my doc about it tomorrow, though. We did it for about 6 weeks and saw results for sure. I really enjoyed it, althought it totally kicked our butts!!!!! Good luck!!!!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Good luck to all of you too!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It will definately get you where you want to be!! and YES its a challenge!! I have done it twice and had said I was done with it (its HARD) but Now Im feeling like I have gained a little "softness" back so you defanetly sparked my interest to do it again.....hmmm I will get back to ya =)
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just started my second week yesterday, but I will definitely stick it out with you if you want another buddy! :)
  • kmgr1
    kmgr1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    INSANITY is no joke! Neither is it for the faint at heart! I am an old (former NCAA D-1 Track & Field) Athlete and so is Sean (I forget his last name). He's also played football. The work out is a joy for those who don't mind pushing themselves to the limit in an unconventional sort of way.

Because my siblings were also big time athletes and all in different sports, I recognized all of the different 'drills' that were used. Basketball, football, track & field drills are all combined in a high energy workout. I honestly only made it through the first 15 days. I decided that the next time I do it I'll be better prepared.

I have a small, old house. 8' ceilings don't quite cut it for the INSANITY work outs. You need space and high ceilings to feel comfortable and get the most from the workouts. In short, the videos are shot in a gymnasium and I now understand why. I'd love to do it with you, BUT I just started a 28 yoga based detox cleanse and weight loss program. So I'm committed to finishing. In fact, after my 28 days of yoga based practices, I might be better able to tackle Sean T and his INSANE, INSANITY work outs.

Good luck!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    It will definately get you where you want to be!! and YES its a challenge!! I have done it twice and had said I was done with it (its HARD) but Now Im feeling like I have gained a little "softness" back so you defanetly sparked my interest to do it again.....hmmm I will get back to ya =)

Gooood! and alright (:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    I just started my second week yesterday, but I will definitely stick it out with you if you want another buddy! :)

For sure! The more the merrier. (:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!! I have done it twice already. It's definitely going to get you where you want to be if you actually stick to it! I would do it again with you, but starting Saturday I'm doing to P90x/Insanity hybrid.

Thanks, and good luck to you too!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have started it twice and never seem to get through the Max phase. It is intense!!! Good luck!

You can do it. (: Thanks!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    We started Insanity a couple of months ago then my bf broke his toe so he couldn't do it for a little while. We're also trying to start a family and I'm just not sure it's a good idea for me to do while trying. I plan to talk to my doc about it tomorrow, though. We did it for about 6 weeks and saw results for sure. I really enjoyed it, althought it totally kicked our butts!!!!! Good luck!!!!!

Ouchh. and yay results! Hope you get the a-okay from your doctor. Good luck to you also!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity...thought I was going to die. I am thinking about doing it again. But I get a little bored.. I did the 'cardio recovery' DVD on Friday and O M G !! I could barely walk for 3 days!!! I might try a 2nd round. :)
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    I've done Insanity...thought I was going to die. I am thinking about doing it again. But I get a little bored.. I did the 'cardio recovery' DVD on Friday and O M G !! I could barely walk for 3 days!!! I might try a 2nd round. :)

That's a good feeling!! you should definitely try a 2nd round if you feel up for it! :D
  • belindablanks
    belindablanks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Started Insanity yesterday and didn't die from the Fit Test. Yay! I see many prayers in my future...:embarassed:
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just completed the fitness test a few hours ago....Im game..... Count me in!!!!
  • bekbekam
    bekbekam Posts: 5
    Options
    ive only just looked throu the insanity worjout omg it looks majorly intense but seems to be just what i need to get my but into gear. im gunna start aug first with you if thats alright and continue with it all th way up to my knee surgery so i donrt feel so blah while i can do nothing but sit on crutches for 6 wks afterwards. x hope i make it throu all the way up to it.
  • R0se98
    R0se98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i would love to start. i have the videos, and i plan on starting soon, so yes ill try it, does anyone know about how many calories u burn while doing the videos? or how i can track it on this site?