INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    pixiechk201: Sounds like a plan. Let us know how the fit test goes!

Tamelaine: Yeah, I was nervous to do the fit test until I realized it wasn't too bad.. the workouts are what really getcha'. :wink:
    I'm yet to do a video without any added breaks.. but I might just get there eventually.

Anyone else sore on the upper abs/lower rib cage?? Weirdd..

I get sore ALL over so its not weird lol its INSANE! :)

My butt definitely feels it right now!! I have finished a round of INSANITY before but I had forgotten the intense soreness of week 1!

Nice to see so many insane people on here-we rock! I gotta admit- I love Shaun T's encouraging words throughout the workout. And seeing the people in the vids take breaks because they are dying as well actually helps me to push myself, just knowing that they are human really makes me happy!

It makes me feel better to see these guys on the videos die before the girls do. I always try to wait til one of the girls takes a break so I can take one. But I can't wait to be as strong as them. Especially when they do the cardio recovery and most of them can hold those squat and lunge postions for that long, I almost die during those.
  • Rakeda1210
    Options
    Just finished DAY 5 Pure Cardio. I am hurting so good right now I love it. But I am so mad/sad at how many calories I burned or didn't burn. I only burned 313 calories :sad:. But I tried not to take to many breaks. What killed me was the switch kicks and the jump rope jabs after that. I felt like I couldn't even jump. Hope everyone is "digging deep" almost done with week one YAY:tongue:

Me toooo! I'm a bit upset at myself over how I did on Pure Cardio. I know I could've done better than I did. I took way too many breaks and by the time I was ready to jump back in, it was time to cool down. Sheesh. Well, at least I know for next time. I can't wait to see how strong I am at the end of this craziness...
  • bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    Options
    Week 1 completed (assuming I make it through the rest day today--I'll do my best)!

Question for you all--how much does your HR drop during the 30 second water breaks? Shaun always says "Check your heart rate; make sure you're ready to go," but mine drops at most 10 bpm, often no more than 5. For reference, my max HR is about 175 (I'm 46), my resting HR is 60. During the workouts, I'm usually in the 138-145 range. I catch my breath and feel ready to go after 30 seconds, but the HR doesn't respond much. Is this what you all are seeing?
  • bnguyen613
    Options
    You can do it!!! It'll get easier and you'll feel like the people in the video are slow! But remember to go at your own pace. I'm on my recovery week before Phase 2 and it's gonna be like starting from the beginning again gahhh. Good luck with the nutrition aspect as well. Keep us posted!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Tamelaine: Yeah, I was nervous to do the fit test until I realized it wasn't too bad.. the workouts are what really getcha'. :wink:
    I'm yet to do a video without any added breaks.. but I might just get there eventually.

Yes my upper abs/ lower rib cage are so sore!!

Glad others are feeling it there too! I'm so excited for tomorrows workout. :tongue:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Just finished DAY 5 Pure Cardio. I am hurting so good right now I love it. But I am so mad/sad at how many calories I burned or didn't burn. I only burned 313 calories :sad:. But I tried not to take to many breaks. What killed me was the switch kicks and the jump rope jabs after that. I felt like I couldn't even jump. Hope everyone is "digging deep" almost done with week one YAY:tongue:

I burned 327.. and that was with me letting it run during the cool down. I think I'm just going to accept that I'll never burn as much as a 6 ft, 200 lb man, and I'll probably never burn 1000 calories with these workouts. I'm happy when it hits the 300's, to be honest. So don't feel down about your burn! As long as you're pushing yourself the best you can, your calorie burn is where it should be. And I'm thrilled that we've nearly completed week 1! Just think.. 8 more times (of completing a week), and we'll be Insanity graduates! :happy:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hi guys, Day 12 for me. Did Cardio Power and Resistance this morning and weights at lunch. But the best part is that I weighed in this morning at 134.5. Trying not to get my hopes up because I am constantly between 134 and 136. My plateau weight is 134 and I just hope Insanity will break through it. At the end of the day, I don't care what the final number is I just want to break 134!!!!

I weighed in this morning because I was feeling good; and I've gained a pound. It has to be water and/or muscle, right? Can someone take a look at my diary from the last few days (not today, I'm still working on that) and let me know what they think? I'll concentrate on how I feel and my measurements for now, but I'm hoping to lose about 5 pounds too! gaahhh..
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options

I get sore ALL over so its not weird lol its INSANE! :)

My butt definitely feels it right now!! I have finished a round of INSANITY before but I had forgotten the intense soreness of week 1!

Nice to see so many insane people on here-we rock! I gotta admit- I love Shaun T's encouraging words throughout the workout. And seeing the people in the vids take breaks because they are dying as well actually helps me to push myself, just knowing that they are human really makes me happy!

Sure is! :D

and what were your results from your first round? I don't remember if I've asked.. :smile:

I also completelyyyy agree. I sometimes forget that they are. :noway:
  • alzina
    Options
    Week 1 completed (assuming I make it through the rest day today--I'll do my best)!

Question for you all--how much does your HR drop during the 30 second water breaks? Shaun always says "Check your heart rate; make sure you're ready to go," but mine drops at most 10 bpm, often no more than 5. For reference, my max HR is about 175 (I'm 46), my resting HR is 60. During the workouts, I'm usually in the 138-145 range. I catch my breath and feel ready to go after 30 seconds, but the HR doesn't respond much. Is this what you all are seeing?

Thats how mine is and it only drops a little bit. Todays workout DAY 6 I actually let it drop about 20-25 then I started again just because today was interval training. During the workouts I am 160-175. And my rest is about 80 and I am 23. I don't know if this helps but this is how my HR looks like.
  • alzina
    Options

I burned 327.. and that was with me letting it run during the cool down. I think I'm just going to accept that I'll never burn as much as a 6 ft, 200 lb man, and I'll probably never burn 1000 calories with these workouts. I'm happy when it hits the 300's, to be honest. So don't feel down about your burn! As long as you're pushing yourself the best you can, your calorie burn is where it should be. And I'm thrilled that we've nearly completed week 1! Just think.. 8 more times (of completing a week), and we'll be Insanity graduates! :happy:

I know I pushed myself yesterday and today. Those ski abs and in and out abs are killers. But yes that is a great way of thinking that we only have 8 more times lol. But ya I don't think I will ever burn 1000 calories but that's ok I sweat like a 600lb man so I feel like I am doing awesome.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I didn't take measurements or weigh ins as much as I should have during the first round and I also didn't follow the nutrition plan-but I went from 144 to 131 and you could definitely see the muscle! My obliques were the strongest they had ever been- and my legs were in the best shape I've ever seen them in. I need to follow the nutrition guide better though, I work in a restaurant and its easy for me to eat the food there (usually the chef makes us food or wants us to try new dishes so we can explain them better) and it KILLS my healthy day. After going on vacation and slacking this summer I was back at 141- I weight myself today (only a WEEK of insanity) and am down to 138! WOOHOO! I really want to get to around 120 but I know I can't do that if I have a lot of muscle so we will see, most of all i want a FLAT, sexy stomach! That is the HARDEST thing for me to do because I can work out lke crazy, but then I eat horrible.

Anyways I didn't write down my numbers as I should have when I completed INSANITY the first time, but I was in the best shape I'd ever been in and actually liked my body. Which is why I am doing it again!
  • JatieKo621
    Options

I know I pushed myself yesterday and today. Those ski abs and in and out abs are killers. But yes that is a great way of thinking that we only have 8 more times lol. But ya I don't think I will ever burn 1000 calories but that's ok I sweat like a 600lb man so I feel like I am doing awesome.

OH SKI ABS i hate them! And I sweat like that too, I seriously drip with sweat even just after the warm up while stretching and then during teh cool down I watch it fall off me hahah, I've never sweat like that before!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hi guys, Day 12 for me. Did Cardio Power and Resistance this morning and weights at lunch. But the best part is that I weighed in this morning at 134.5. Trying not to get my hopes up because I am constantly between 134 and 136. My plateau weight is 134 and I just hope Insanity will break through it. At the end of the day, I don't care what the final number is I just want to break 134!!!!

I weighed in this morning because I was feeling good; and I've gained a pound. It has to be water and/or muscle, right? Can someone take a look at my diary from the last few days (not today, I'm still working on that) and let me know what they think? I'll concentrate on how I feel and my measurements for now, but I'm hoping to lose about 5 pounds too! gaahhh..

haha, i'm quoting myself, but.. i lost that pound, plus another one this morning! So now I'm one pound less than where I started. and this is why you can't always trust the scale.. but I am feeling and looking a little better.(: hopefully it's not just mental. haha
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Have some serious back pain today! I think I may have tweaked it in my Krav Maga Bag Bootcamp at the gym or during Insanity. WHO KNOWS! lol... all I know, is it HURTS. Doing some Pilates today to see if I can stretch it out. Keep digging deep everyone!
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Have some serious back pain today! I think I may have tweaked it in my Krav Maga Bag Bootcamp at the gym or during Insanity. WHO KNOWS! lol... all I know, is it HURTS. Doing some Pilates today to see if I can stretch it out. Keep digging deep everyone!

Oh that is a BUMMER! I hate when something like that happens. Hope you are able to stretch it out! Good luck!
  • JatieKo621
    Options

haha, i'm quoting myself, but.. i lost that pound, plus another one this morning! So now I'm one pound less than where I started. and this is why you can't always trust the scale.. but I am feeling and looking a little better.(: hopefully it's not just mental. haha

Good job!! Its not mental-I am on week 2 and I can already tell a difference in my body!! The scale will fluctuate but you will start seeing and feeling the results no matter what the numbers say. I feel like my stomach is already tightening up! Yay insanity!!
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.....So I have had this horrible sore throat since Friday night, I am going in to get it checked out. I am pretty sure its strep. YUCK! Hate when something like this happens when I start a workout program. I am hoping to jump back in by the middle of the week. Good Luck guys!
  • unspokenlove459
    Options
    Be sure to weigh yourself at the same time everyday. The best time is in the morning (after you go to the bathroom) before you drink or eat anything. Your weigh in's should be consistant. And remember to drink at least half of your body weight in water i.e. 130lbs- 65oz of water which is 8, 8oz glasses of water. Because the less water you drink the more water your body retains.

Hope this helps :)

I am going to be starting insainity at the end of this week!! im so excited, its been three months since i had my second child and im very slow at coming back into working out. Hopefully this will help kick start my motivation!!
    -Corinna
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hey everyone.....So I have had this horrible sore throat since Friday night, I am going in to get it checked out. I am pretty sure its strep. YUCK! Hate when something like this happens when I start a workout program. I am hoping to jump back in by the middle of the week. Good Luck guys!

Ahhh, bummer! Feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Be sure to weigh yourself at the same time everyday. The best time is in the morning (after you go to the bathroom) before you drink or eat anything. Your weigh in's should be consistant. And remember to drink at least half of your body weight in water i.e. 130lbs- 65oz of water which is 8, 8oz glasses of water. Because the less water you drink the more water your body retains.

Hope this helps :)

I am going to be starting insainity at the end of this week!! im so excited, its been three months since i had my second child and im very slow at coming back into working out. Hopefully this will help kick start my motivation!!
    -Corinna

Yep, that's what I do. Thanks. haha and glad to have you! I'm sure it'll be just the thing to get you motivated. :smile: