INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• Rakeda1210
    Options
    I loved Cardio Recovery tonight. I was getting a little sore & tense, and the stretches came at just the right time. How did I still end up sweating buckets, though?!? Crazy. I'm loving this!
  • Tamelaine
    Options
    I know it's not the 1st but can I join? I just started today with my fit test (I had to wait for my dvds to arrive). So, I'll be a little bit behind, but would love a support group if you all don't mind!
  • zojo78
    zojo78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo - I completed the first week of Insanity yesterday! It's flown by! I weighed this morning and I've lost a pound after being stuck for months so I'm really really chuffed! Hope it keeps working! The program will finish right before my holiday! Good timing for me! Dig deep everyone! :-D
  • zojo78
    Options
    Day 5 Pure Cardio done--not my best workout ever, but completed nonetheless. This is my first week on MFP, limiting calories, and adding Insanity to my bike commuting. I'm definately feeling the fatigue but there's only one more day until a rest day!

I've been absolutey knackered all week too! Falling asleep at my desk by 2pm (I do Insanity before work!)!! Glad it's not just me!! I've been way hungrier too! I wasn't expecting that! :-)
  • zojo78
    Options
    @laurelderry OMG you go to the gym for 1.5hrs after work and doing Insanity before work?!!! You really are insane!! Lol love it!! :-D
  • StephenMorris
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just found this group - I've been training alongside a bunch of other people on the Beachbody forums but I believe that the diet is just as important (if not more) than the exercise! Just needing to make myself accountable on all fronts so "Hello!".

I am based in Hadfield, UK - unlike most people, I have my videos on the iPhone and do the exercises out in the park. It can get a bit rainy so that's when I take it inside if I can find the space otherwise I love the exercise in the fresh air.

Here are my starting figures:
    Age..........: 28
    Height.....: 5' 7"
    Weight....: 181 lbs
    Fat %.......: 25.2
    Muscle %: 37.9
    Water %...: 50.9

Target Weight: 146 lbs
    Target Fat % : 10%

And just a status update for today:

"Phew.. and Pure Cardio done! Was raining outside on and off during the exercise but I persevered - I was so happy for sticking to it amidst the adversity! As I had done this before, and I was still warm, I decided to treat myself to Cardio Abs as well. Avg: 142; Peak: 174; Cal: 848..."

Nice meeting you all!
  • msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity August 1st myself, let's motivate each other.
  • msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know I was thinking the same thing when I did it yesterday, sweat was dripping down my face, so ready for today's workout!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So I hope that we all have nice butts after this round of insanity. Because after today's workout I feel like my butt is already firmer. :smile:

I agree! :laugh:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    I know it's not the 1st but can I join? I just started today with my fit test (I had to wait for my dvds to arrive). So, I'll be a little bit behind, but would love a support group if you all don't mind!

Sure thingg. How did the fit test go for you? :smile:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Woo hoo - I completed the first week of Insanity yesterday! It's flown by! I weighed this morning and I've lost a pound after being stuck for months so I'm really really chuffed! Hope it keeps working! The program will finish right before my holiday! Good timing for me! Dig deep everyone! :-D

Awesome! I'm sure it'll keep working(: perfect timing! Mine will continue a month and nearly 3 weeks into school.. so it'll be much more of a challenge to get the workouts in than it is now. ): I'll keep digging deep though! :wink:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just found this group - I've been training alongside a bunch of other people on the Beachbody forums but I believe that the diet is just as important (if not more) than the exercise! Just needing to make myself accountable on all fronts so "Hello!".

I am based in Hadfield, UK - unlike most people, I have my videos on the iPhone and do the exercises out in the park. It can get a bit rainy so that's when I take it inside if I can find the space otherwise I love the exercise in the fresh air.

Here are my starting figures:
    Age..........: 28
    Height.....: 5' 7"
    Weight....: 181 lbs
    Fat %.......: 25.2
    Muscle %: 37.9
    Water %...: 50.9

Target Weight: 146 lbs
    Target Fat % : 10%

And just a status update for today:

"Phew.. and Pure Cardio done! Was raining outside on and off during the exercise but I persevered - I was so happy for sticking to it amidst the adversity! As I had done this before, and I was still warm, I decided to treat myself to Cardio Abs as well. Avg: 142; Peak: 174; Cal: 848..."

Nice meeting you all!

Welcome! Wonderful job on sticking to it. :happy:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    I know I was thinking the same thing when I did it yesterday, sweat was dripping down my face, so ready for today's workout!

I'll be starting Pure Cardio soon! Gotta work up the energy.. aahhh.
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just got my shipment of Insanity! Guess I'll have one more night of french fries and wine and join you all in the morning! Can't wait!
  • Tamelaine
    Options
    My fit test was not terrible like I thought it would be. I'm in better shape than I thought (probably from teachign swimming lessons 5 hours a day 4 times a week this summer). I know I can improve though. I was pretty tired by the end. Did The cardio plyometrics today and THAT was hard! Made it through with only a couple extra breaks! Hopefully next time is better!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    pixiechk201: Sounds like a plan. Let us know how the fit test goes!

Tamelaine: Yeah, I was nervous to do the fit test until I realized it wasn't too bad.. the workouts are what really getcha'. :wink:
    I'm yet to do a video without any added breaks.. but I might just get there eventually.

Anyone else sore on the upper abs/lower rib cage?? Weirdd..
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, Day 12 for me. Did Cardio Power and Resistance this morning and weights at lunch. But the best part is that I weighed in this morning at 134.5. Trying not to get my hopes up because I am constantly between 134 and 136. My plateau weight is 134 and I just hope Insanity will break through it. At the end of the day, I don't care what the final number is I just want to break 134!!!!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Tamelaine: Yeah, I was nervous to do the fit test until I realized it wasn't too bad.. the workouts are what really getcha'. :wink:
    I'm yet to do a video without any added breaks.. but I might just get there eventually.

I get sore ALL over so its not weird lol its INSANE! :)

My butt definitely feels it right now!! I have finished a round of INSANITY before but I had forgotten the intense soreness of week 1!

Nice to see so many insane people on here-we rock! I gotta admit- I love Shaun T's encouraging words throughout the workout. And seeing the people in the vids take breaks because they are dying as well actually helps me to push myself, just knowing that they are human really makes me happy!
  • alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just finished DAY 5 Pure Cardio. I am hurting so good right now I love it. But I am so mad/sad at how many calories I burned or didn't burn. I only burned 313 calories :sad:. But I tried not to take to many breaks. What killed me was the switch kicks and the jump rope jabs after that. I felt like I couldn't even jump. Hope everyone is "digging deep" almost done with week one YAY:tongue:
  • alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Yes my upper abs/ lower rib cage are so sore!!