INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i would love to start. i have the videos, and i plan on starting soon, so yes ill try it, does anyone know about how many calories u burn while doing the videos? or how i can track it on this site?

Get a heart rate monitor. It'd be way better than using a calculator. Otherwise, I have no idea. But glad you can do it!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Welcome everyone! :D
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did insanity twice as weel as asylum once. I lost 25 pounds with insanity the second time because I ate better than the first time I did it :-)
    I LOVED them both! I'm thinking about doing asylum again on the first and incorporating it with weight lifting. :-) good luck!
  • bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm starting August 1st as well. I did the first month last November, then let work interfere with completing the second month, so I'd really like to finish the whole program. I think I'll start with the second week of the program, though, because I don't enjoy doing the fit test; I get a lot of anxiety about too much evaluation and since I'm already tracking food, exercise, weight, and measurements here, I really don't want to add any more. I'll be doing Insanity in addition to biking to work (which I've been doing since March), so I'm going to need all the motivation I can get!
  • alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do the whole 60 days of insanity but end up stopping cuz I don't have time some days cuz of my 1.5 year old baby girl. But I am so ready to actually do it this time. I need some motivation too. This shall be fun. :)
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    You can do it, ladies! This time we're all going to finish it.. the complete 63 days. :happy:
    I'm also going grocery shopping soon so I can try to follow the meal plan most days.. anyone else doing the meal plan too?
  • bexp2
    Options
    Since I want Saturday to be my rest day, I got started on Insanity today. I subbed Pure Cardio for the Fit Test but will follow the rest of week 1's schedule. The workout felt really great; this was the first time I've done it with a heart monitor and I got a solid calorie burn out of it. Good luck to all those starting tomorrow!
  • freemanalicia
    freemanalicia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am starting insanity tomorrow-- I am so nervous but so excited to see some results!!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Since I want Saturday to be my rest day, I got started on Insanity today. I subbed Pure Cardio for the Fit Test but will follow the rest of week 1's schedule. The workout felt really great; this was the first time I've done it with a heart monitor and I got a solid calorie burn out of it. Good luck to all those starting tomorrow!

Awesome! I'm excited to see how much I burn on my HRM... and thanks!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    I am starting insanity tomorrow-- I am so nervous but so excited to see some results!!!

Yay! I'm nervous too, so at least you're not alone. I'm also really excited.. so many emotions! :tongue:
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    aww mannnn!! I would do it with you but im in the middle of the 30ds. Good luck!
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    Ok..is this girls only? I have been trying to build up the courage to do insanity for a while....I am just worried I will give up..also I am going on Holiday in 2 weeks for 2 weeks....I an hoping to continue it there every day with my wife as we will miss out regular Body Combat and Body pump classes...which I intend to continue doing..

Anyone mind if I join you all in this challenge?
    Do I have to post before and after pics?

Jon
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    aww mannnn!! I would do it with you but im in the middle of the 30ds. Good luck!

Ahh, that's okay. Give it a shot once you're done? That's what I've done.(: Hope you like your 30DS results!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Ok..is this girls only? I have been trying to build up the courage to do insanity for a while....I am just worried I will give up..also I am going on Holiday in 2 weeks for 2 weeks....I an hoping to continue it there every day with my wife as we will miss out regular Body Combat and Body pump classes...which I intend to continue doing..

Anyone mind if I join you all in this challenge?
    Do I have to post before and after pics?

Jon

Nope, not girls only. You won't give up.. we have a support group! Feel free to join the challenge. Before and after pics aren't necessary, so if you don't want to post them by the time Insanity is over, it's no problem. Glad to have you on the challenge!
  • bexp2
    Options
    Insanity Day 2 Plyo Cardio Circuit completed--anyone else have rubber arms when you get to the jabs?
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on Day 7 and loving it. Following meal plan to an extent. I'm eating 40,40, 20 ratios and the recommended calorie amount. Also eating every 3 hours like they say. Good luck to you and feel free to send me a friend request.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Insanity Day 2 Plyo Cardio Circuit completed--anyone else have rubber arms when you get to the jabs?

I'll let you know tomorrow!(:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on Day 7 and loving it. Following meal plan to an extent. I'm eating 40,40, 20 ratios and the recommended calorie amount. Also eating every 3 hours like they say. Good luck to you and feel free to send me a friend request.

Same here.. and also trying to use their recipes, but having to make adjustments. I sent you a request.
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started today too!! Did the fit test a few hours ago. I have "started" Insanity and few times and have never really gotten past the first week. So I am hoping I can finally do it this time! Bring on the Plyo! Good luck everyone!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 37 of Insanity and it is no joke, but I actually love it. The max training very tough! Way more intense than month 1, but I'm in if it's Ok that I'm a little further!! You for sure want to get a heart rate monitor because you will burn waaaaaay more calories than MFP says! :bigsmile: