INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Shoot! My husband & I just got the dvds and are going to start it once we finish this round of p90x. We previewed it and are really stoked to get going! I still have 2 weeks left before I can start.

Keep us posted with how it goes!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started today too!! Did the fit test a few hours ago. I have "started" Insanity and few times and have never really gotten past the first week. So I am hoping I can finally do it this time! Bring on the Plyo! Good luck everyone!

Awesome.. this will definitely be the time you finish it! Good luck to you too. :happy:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    I just completed day 37 of Insanity and it is no joke, but I actually love it. The max training very tough! Way more intense than month 1, but I'm in if it's Ok that I'm a little further!! You for sure want to get a heart rate monitor because you will burn waaaaaay more calories than MFP says! :bigsmile:

I'm liking it (so far) as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what workouts I like best.. and you're totally fine being ahead. Luckily I got a heart rate monitor just in time for Insanity. Very convenient..!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Shoot! My husband & I just got the dvds and are going to start it once we finish this round of p90x. We previewed it and are really stoked to get going! I still have 2 weeks left before I can start.

Keep us posted with how it goes!!

Sweeeet. Only 2 weeks left of p90x? Congrats, that's so great! And we'll be sure to keep you updated. :smile:
  • KatiePanda25
    Options
    I just completed day 37 of Insanity and it is no joke, but I actually love it. The max training very tough! Way more intense than month 1, but I'm in if it's Ok that I'm a little further!! You for sure want to get a heart rate monitor because you will burn waaaaaay more calories than MFP says! :bigsmile:

I just started the second phase today. I didn't think it could get harder..but it did! lol. It was like I was back at day 1 phase 1! lol. I got a heart rate monitor from my sister....and let my tell you that thing was wrong bc it said I burned only 69 calories..haha. Guess I need to go shopping for one!
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What HR monitor does everyone recommend? I don't have a whole lot of money to spend on it....but what do you guys think?
  • Rakeda1210
    Options
    Hello everybody. My husband and I did the fit test last night. Haven't been that out of breath in a while! Glad to be on this journey with you all.
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    Whew! Just did Plyo......it will be a while until I can even remotely keep up with them haha. But I feel good about what I could do!! Better than any other attempt in the past!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    KatiePanda25 and fitmomma23: I have the N4 for women heart rate monitor.. and I really like it. It was about $70 at target. You could probably find a better deal online, though.

fitmomma23: Yayy.. glad you pushed through it!

Keda: We're glad to have you! Bet it felt great afterwards. :happy:
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I just started the second phase today. I didn't think it could get harder..but it did! lol. It was like I was back at day 1 phase 1! lol. I got a heart rate monitor from my sister....and let my tell you that thing was wrong bc it said I burned only 69 calories..haha. Guess I need to go shopping for one!

I thought the same thing when I started phase 2!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one! 69 calories, are you sure you turned it on? HAHAHA
  • belindablanks
    belindablanks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Much love to everyone on this journey. I completed Day 8 today, Pure Cardio, a test of sheer will. It was so intense the many breaks I took weren't enough. Anyway, how do I change my nutrient goals on MFP to the recommended 40/40/20? Happy training!
  • Rakeda1210
    Options
    Day 2 DONE! Right at the beginning, that little voice in my head was telling me "maybe you should'a stuck with Jillian...you sure you're ready for this?" But I stuck it out, took breaks when I had to & finished. I feel so proud of myself (so cheesy, but so true!). Hope you all are feeling the way I do right now!!!
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    Day 2 DONE! Right at the beginning, that little voice in my head was telling me "maybe you should'a stuck with Jillian...you sure you're ready for this?" But I stuck it out, took breaks when I had to & finished. I feel so proud of myself (so cheesy, but so true!). Hope you all are feeling the way I do right now!!!

Oh my word I am so there with you....I had that same little voice this morning!! Jillian was calling my name!! lol. But seriously so worth it when I was done....dripping sweat and all I was so happy!!! On to day 3 baby!
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    My friend and I did day 1 today so I thought if it was ok I'd like to join. I've never done INSANITY before so I am excited to try it!
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    shellbell2312- I looked at your screen name and had to laugh because that is my nickname "Shell Bell" ! I gave my daughter the middle name of Belle just to carry it on. Anyway, thought it was cute. :happy:
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity/Ripped in 30 hybrid because I have to be careful with my back and insanity has a lot of jarring moves. But I love it! Question for those of you with HRM, could you comment on what your average HR is, how much you weight, and how many calories it says you are burning? I have a HRM, but it only does HR not calories. During the warmup I get up to about 158 bpm, exercises I am usually from 155-168 bpm, and the stretching stuff I'm usually at 125 bpm.

I've been using a triathalon calorie burned calculator according to heart rate, and based on my age (21), height (5'11), and weight (190) I am burned around 400 per 40 minute session. This seems about right as I've heard people burn anywhere from 350-750. I just wonder a bit because the 28 minutes or so when you are going intense seems like it would burn more calories than running, but I definitely burn more than 100 per 10 minutes with running.

Sorry for the lengthy/complex post, but I was just wondering what everyone else is burning.
  • Rakeda1210
    Options
    LauraJo08: I only did day 2 last night. I burned 411 calories (with a bunch of breaks). Hope that helps a little.
  • fitmomma23
    Options
    So did NOT want to do this workout today but I did it and am so glad I did! Man I know the 1st week is the hardest to get through. This is rough! But I feel good so I its worth it......right? lol
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Much love to everyone on this journey. I completed Day 8 today, Pure Cardio, a test of sheer will. It was so intense the many breaks I took weren't enough. Anyway, how do I change my nutrient goals on MFP to the recommended 40/40/20? Happy training!

You go to the home page, click on the Goals tab, Change Goals, Custom, and then manually change it to 40/40/20. Good luck to you too!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options

Oh I definitely do! 30 Day Shred doesn't really compare to this.. ahhh.