INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My fit test wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. But after today's first real workout, I think my abs are on fire and I'm waddling around the office looking like and old woman who lost her cane. Oddly though, looking forward to tomorrow!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My fit test wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. But after today's first real workout, I think my abs are on fire and I'm waddling around the office looking like and old woman who lost her cane. Oddly though, looking forward to tomorrow!

Hahah I feel the SAME way! I am always so sore but its weird-I keep looking forward to the next workout! And I always feel really good after a workout. All those endorphins pay off!
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on Day 15 now but yesterday I did the two week fit test and I can't believe my progress, take a look.

Switch Kicks, 69, now 90
    Power Jacks, 42, now 50
    Power Knees, 65, now 80
    Power Jumps, 33, now 36
    Globe Rotations, 8, now 8 (no progress here)
    Suicide Jumps, 12, now 16
    Push Up Jacks, 5 now 16
    Side Obliques, 41, now 54

I was specifically amazed at the progress I made with the push up jacks (I suck at push ups)
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm on Day 15 now but yesterday I did the two week fit test and I can't believe my progress, take a look.

Switch Kicks, 69, now 90
    Power Jacks, 42, now 50
    Power Knees, 65, now 80
    Power Jumps, 33, now 36
    Push Up Jacks, 5 now 16

I was specifically amazed at the progress I made with the push up jacks (I suck at push ups)

Such great progress in 15 days! Holy cow. Congratulations :D
  • JatieKo621
    Options

Switch Kicks, 69, now 90
    Power Jacks, 42, now 50
    Power Knees, 65, now 80
    Power Jumps, 33, now 36
    Push Up Jacks, 5 now 16

NICE JOB! The globe rotations are hard to ever go up in, you have to be speeding through and by that time my legs are usually mush. And for real-36 power jumps is GREAT. Those are the hardest for me. I can do more if I forget form (I feel like Tanya looks worse than the guy since she is doing them fast...but thats just me) but if I am doing them 100% correctly I can't do a lot.

Good results. I can't wait to see what mine will be like!
  • njean888
    Options
    Thank you and yes I'm so looking forward to the next two weeks to do it again.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Today is day 10 for me, which means tomorrow is cardio recovery! I'm also very excited to try cardio abs on the 13th.. how is everyone doing?
  • belindablanks
    belindablanks Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Switch Kicks, 69, now 90
    Power Jacks, 42, now 50
    Power Knees, 65, now 80
    Power Jumps, 33, now 36
    Push Up Jacks, 5 now 16

Fantastic results! You may have given me the inspiration I needed to keep pushing. Thanks...
  • belindablanks
    belindablanks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 for me, which means tomorrow is cardio recovery! I'm also very excited to try cardio abs on the 13th.. how is everyone doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm on Day 17- Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. My performance could have been a little better, but I'm glad checked-in because I'm encouraged to work harder tomorrow. Day 63, here we come...
  • bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    Options
    Day 11 for me--just did Cardio Recovery. Have to say it's not my favorite; I feel the same way about it as I do about yoga--slow motion torture! Give me Pure Cardio over this any day!
  • alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just got done with day 10. I still hate those ski abs. I just feel dead by the time I get to them. But I felt great today. I'm ready for cardio recovery but not those squats. Hope everyone is doing great. can't wait to see our results.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options

Thanks for asking. I'm on Day 17- Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. My performance could have been a little better, but I'm glad checked-in because I'm encouraged to work harder tomorrow. Day 63, here we come...

We all have those days. I can't wait until day 63.. it will be such a rewarding feeling!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Day 11 for me--just did Cardio Recovery. Have to say it's not my favorite; I feel the same way about it as I do about yoga--slow motion torture! Give me Pure Cardio over this any day!

Ah man, I like yoga and cardio recovery.. that would make sense! haha well you'll get your pure cardio in a couple days. :D
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Just got done with day 10. I still hate those ski abs. I just feel dead by the time I get to them. But I felt great today. I'm ready for cardio recovery but not those squats. Hope everyone is doing great. can't wait to see our results.

I like to think I'm skiing down a huge hill whenever I do them, and if I stop skiing, I'll fall? It helps me a little. haha I LOVE those squats. It's such a good burn. I'm excited for our results too..! (but whoever doesn't want to post them, that's perfectly fine too)
  • JatieKo621
    Options

Ah man, I like yoga and cardio recovery.. that would make sense! haha well you'll get your pure cardio in a couple days. :D

Hahah I have to agree- I HATE cardio recovery! I get all shaky while I am holding those poses, especially when he says to "squeeze your inner thighs together," man it works but I sometimes yell at the screen! Hahah yeah I am a little insane. And Happy-if you LIKE cardio recovery just wait till you do the MAX Recovery-JAKSDGFJADB! It is ridiculous. I am glad that I am still in month one because month two totally gets crazy. I seriously am trying to enjoy every day of month one because when I did Insanity before, I got to month two and it just felt like starting over.

I think Month one is just to get you fit enough to DO month two. That is where I saw the most results- I mean every day of MAX workouts I could see progress and man it feels good!!!
  • JatieKo621
    Options

I like to think I'm skiing down a huge hill whenever I do them, and if I stop skiing, I'll fall? It helps me a little. haha I LOVE those squats. It's such a good burn. I'm excited for our results too..! (but whoever doesn't want to post them, that's perfectly fine too)

Alzina- my thighs def hate ski abs as well. And I lol'd at you, happy, because I also tell myself little tricks to get me to complete the exercises! Maybe I will have to think of falling while skiing to get me to get through those next time! :)

I just finished day 13, my first time (on this round) of doing Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs. I had to buy a yoga mat for the C-sit position, for some reason my tail bone was really hurting while doing it on the floor but the mat helps. I love the ab workouts, I sometimes want to throw them in to other days just to work more on my abs.

And I cannot wait to see our results! Keep on digging deeper everyone! :)
  • alzina
    Options

Alzina- my thighs def hate ski abs as well. And I lol'd at you, happy, because I also tell myself little tricks to get me to complete the exercises! Maybe I will have to think of falling while skiing to get me to get through those next time! :)

I just finished day 13, my first time (on this round) of doing Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs. I had to buy a yoga mat for the C-sit position, for some reason my tail bone was really hurting while doing it on the floor but the mat helps. I love the ab workouts, I sometimes want to throw them in to other days just to work more on my abs.

[/quote

I know I want to add cardio abs to my other workouts too just to do more abs. Maybe we should ;)
  • alzina
    Options

I know I want to add cardio abs to my other workouts too just to do more abs. Maybe we should ;)
  • alzina
    Options
    Sorry about the double post.
  • njean888
    Options
    Hi everyone, Day 17 here. Okay I hate to be the one to ask the dreaded weight loss question but here goes..... Have any of you lost anything since you started? I continue to dance around my 2 pound variance day to day. I know I shouldn't care about the scale and I promise as soon as I break that damn plateau I will not get on the scale till Day 63. But until then I'm getting frustrated and annoyed. I'm due to take my measurements on the 22nd and if those numbers don't change then I'm so making an appt with the doctor because this is not normal. And I don't just mean the 17 days on Insanity, I mean the 3 months before that busting my butt at the gym and still dancing around the same 2 DAMN pounds. I will be getting my body fat tested next week so lets just wait and see what it is.

You guys are all doing great and it makes sticking to this easier now that we are all in this together.