INSANITY Challenge - Starting August 1st.

Options

Replies

• bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    Options
    I was afraid this was going to happen...

I had seen in one of the discussion groups that people were dissing the Timex HRM that I have because it doesn't take into account the sex of the user. Since I have a degree in statistics, I just couldn't abide iffy numbers, so I ordered a Polar F7 which does have an input for gender. It came today and I just did my first workout with it--Cardio Power & Resistance. My calorie burn was about 100 less than the last time I did this workout with the Timex. I don't think it was a bad workout; my HR was at or above the rates I've seen in previous workouts.

So I'm fairly bummed that it seems my previous numbers were inaccurate, but since I haven't been eating all my exercise calories, the only real damage is to my ego...
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 11 for me--just did Cardio Recovery. Have to say it's not my favorite; I feel the same way about it as I do about yoga--slow motion torture! Give me Pure Cardio over this any day!

Ah man, I like yoga and cardio recovery.. that would make sense! haha well you'll get your pure cardio in a couple days. :D

Hahah I have to agree- I HATE cardio recovery! I get all shaky while I am holding those poses, especially when he says to "squeeze your inner thighs together," man it works but I sometimes yell at the screen! Hahah yeah I am a little insane. And Happy-if you LIKE cardio recovery just wait till you do the MAX Recovery-JAKSDGFJADB! It is ridiculous. I am glad that I am still in month one because month two totally gets crazy. I seriously am trying to enjoy every day of month one because when I did Insanity before, I got to month two and it just felt like starting over.

I think Month one is just to get you fit enough to DO month two. That is where I saw the most results- I mean every day of MAX workouts I could see progress and man it feels good!!!

Max Recovery can BRING IT. Well... not really. I'm actually not as pumped for month 2, because I'll probably feel like you did! abd you're description.. yikes! guess you just gotta do what you gotta do. haha :S
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Day 17 here. Okay I hate to be the one to ask the dreaded weight loss question but here goes..... Have any of you lost anything since you started? I continue to dance around my 2 pound variance day to day. I know I shouldn't care about the scale and I promise as soon as I break that damn plateau I will not get on the scale till Day 63. But until then I'm getting frustrated and annoyed. I'm due to take my measurements on the 22nd and if those numbers don't change then I'm so making an appt with the doctor because this is not normal. And I don't just mean the 17 days on Insanity, I mean the 3 months before that busting my butt at the gym and still dancing around the same 2 DAMN pounds. I will be getting my body fat tested next week so lets just wait and see what it is.

You guys are all doing great and it makes sticking to this easier now that we are all in this together.

I'm on day 11, and I've lost 2 pounds maximum. but my weight is also fluctuating.. between being 2 pounds less than day one of Insanity, and being one pound less. I think all the water I'm drinking and water my body is losing is the most of it, really. It's VERY frustrating.. but I'm sure once we take our measurements, we won't be too heart broken. :wink:

I completely agree! This is a great group of people.. and I'm no less than 100% sure that we can get through it.
  • sabyx_is
    sabyx_is Posts: 17
    Options
    Just finished DAY 5 Pure Cardio. I am hurting so good right now I love it. But I am so mad/sad at how many calories I burned or didn't burn. I only burned 313 calories :sad:. But I tried not to take to many breaks. What killed me was the switch kicks and the jump rope jabs after that. I felt like I couldn't even jump. Hope everyone is "digging deep" almost done with week one YAY:tongue:

Alzina, I only average about 265 calories for the Pure Cardio workout. In fact, I don't burn more than 280 for any of the Month 1 workouts (for Cardio recovery the figure stands at 140 cals). I use a Ki Fit to monitor how many calories I burn. I don't pause the video at all and I only take some breaks between exercises in order to catch my breath.
    I'm 5'3 and weigh around 130lbs (started with 135 just under 2 weeks ago). I'm not too bothered about how many calories I burn throughout the workout itself because I know I'm working hard and the results will show very soon. Once I start gaining a bit more muscle, my metabolism will speed up and will be able to burn more calories. That's if I don't lose any extra weight.
    Insanity is really fun anyway so whatever the final result will be, I'm pretty sure it'll be a good one!
  • pinkdrink
    Options
    Hi,
    I started insanity with my friend on August 1st as well but that was before I saw this message board. I am so excited to have found it. I use a timex heart rate monitor as well. I will be crushed if the calories are wrong because I really do eat close to what I'm allowed plus what I burned through cardio. Guess I need to lighten up. I am on day 12 today when I go workout. I am not too impressed with my pounds at this moment but i'm going to try and wait until sunday to weigh myself.
  • pixiechk201
    pixiechk201 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't seen any weight loss, I'm one week down and haven't lost anything at all (of course, the cake and wine in my diet can't help). But I can already feel myself becoming more flexible, and I can finally get through the warm up and stretching without stopping and keeping good form. Small victories!
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    I made an attempt to start back in June but pulled/strained/owied my calf muscle almost a month in so took a month off and did spin and my regular gym schedule instead.

I was going to start Aug 1 but got bored and started July 31. I didn't bother with the fit test, seemed like a waste of a day. Still doing weights 3x a week.

Starting the first day of week 3 today (another fit test day) so I thought I'd see what Max Cardio had to offer instead. I don't find the first month workouts that insane, anybody else? I end up in a pool of sweat, but I do for everything :p It seems like a good workout, I guess I was just expecting more.

The Max did look much better, though I'm a sucker for a schedule so I will finish out the first month on the regular videos and this will be my first attempt trying a Max.

I suspect it will be extra tough as last night was endless pizza buffet until I wanted to barf and about a pint of rum.
  • Rakeda1210
    Options
    Hey all. Am I the only one that has fallen behind a bit? I usually do Insanity at night and, umm...I fell asleep twice before I got it in. Ooops! Playing catch up now, but I know I want to stay on track to finish within the two month time frame. Keep up the good work, guys.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hi,
    I started insanity with my friend on August 1st as well but that was before I saw this message board. I am so excited to have found it. I use a timex heart rate monitor as well. I will be crushed if the calories are wrong because I really do eat close to what I'm allowed plus what I burned through cardio. Guess I need to lighten up. I am on day 12 today when I go workout. I am not too impressed with my pounds at this moment but i'm going to try and wait until sunday to weigh myself.

Glad you're with us! I researched a lot about when people find most of their results with this program.. and the ones who didn't give up (after not seeing the pounds fall within the first month) lost most, if not all of their pounds lost, within the last month. So we got this!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't seen any weight loss, I'm one week down and haven't lost anything at all (of course, the cake and wine in my diet can't help). But I can already feel myself becoming more flexible, and I can finally get through the warm up and stretching without stopping and keeping good form. Small victories!

I am as well.(: be sure to watch the cake and wine a little better! A treat is fine, but you wouldn't want to ruin all this hard work. I'm feeling slightly more flexible, but today I really noticed it was easier to push myself longer.. less breaks! Small victories for the win.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Hey all. Am I the only one that has fallen behind a bit? I usually do Insanity at night and, umm...I fell asleep twice before I got it in. Ooops! Playing catch up now, but I know I want to stay on track to finish within the two month time frame. Keep up the good work, guys.

If you've only missed a day or so, it's no biggie. Still finishing in early October will be wonderful!(:
  • bexp2
    bexp2 Posts: 41
    Options
    Two weeks down, seven to go! I keep thinking about how great power jumps will feel when I'm 20 pounds lighter!
  • alzina
    alzina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok so I found something that I hate more than power jumps... The jumped during cardio abs. Oh man those kicked my butt. But finally week 2 done. Yay!!! We can do this. And also those pedals kill me and the jump rope things after them. But I didn't take that many breaks during pure cardio. But cardio abs killed my back. But a few more of those and hopefully I won't be taking breaks from the cardio abs. Can't wait to see how everyone does on there fit test on Monday. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day. We deserve it. Have a good Sunday everyone.
  • alzina
    Options
    Two weeks down, seven to go! I keep thinking about how great power jumps will feel when I'm 20 pounds lighter!

I don't know I think I'm still going to hate them . :)
  • msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I missed the workout the first Saturday the plyometric workout so I will do it tomorrow(Sunday) to catch up so no rest day for me this week :(
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    The Max cardio was what I was expecting the Insanity series to be like! Ouch. Though that weird braided hair guy gets really creepy with the camera in that video.

Almost a quarter of the way through, August people, congrats!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    The Max cardio was what I was expecting the Insanity series to be like! Ouch. Though that weird braided hair guy gets really creepy with the camera in that video.

Almost a quarter of the way through, August people, congrats!

HAHAHAHA I know who you are talking about! It always cracks me up in one video where he is doing the high knee workout and TOTALLY slacking, and the cameraman zooms up on him and he just kind of laughs embarrassed like.

Ahh time for pure cardio+abs for me! YAY for starting week 3!
  • alzina
    Options
    Ok just finished Fit Test 2 (Day 15)
    Here is what I did day one and then today.

Switch Kicks-59/62
    Power Jacks-59/61
    Power Knees-92/120
    Power Jumps(HATE)-30/33
    Globe Jumps-10/12
    Suicide Jumps-20/23
    Push-up Jacks (Suck at)-21/27
    Low Plank Oblique-53/100

Finally Week 3 here we come. Hope to see how everyone else did. Have a great week everyone!
  • aleesh_mom
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started Insanity this morning after getting back from vacation Saturday. (I've done one round a bit over a year ago and then got pregnant and couldn't jump in again until now.) I searched to see if there was anyone else doing it and stumbled onto your group. Although I'm two weeks behind I wanna share my fit test results for the day and also participate to be accountable with you all. Great job so far!!!!

Fit Test Results 8/15/11:
    Switch Kicks-119
    Power Jacks-30
    Power Knees-86
    Power Jumps-20
    Globe Jumps-6
    Suicide Jumps-10
    Push-up Jacks-14
    Low Plank Oblique-56

Edited to add: I'm going to visit my brother in October (he lives in California and I live in Colorado) and he's the one who introduced me to Insanity last year. I was going to use my trip as motivation to stay on target and impress him with my fitness results when we visit.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Options
    Just finished my fit test! Some of my numbers were actually lower this time around because my posture has improved so much! Before, I must have been doing them horribly.. because there is no way- had I been doing them properly. Really, I can tell my fitness has already improved, whether or not some of this says so. :smile: Here are my results;

Switch Kicks : 90 - 70
    Power Jacks : 55 - 50
    Power Knees : 85 - 90
    Power Jumps : 25 - 30
    Globe Jumps : 6 - 8
    Suicide Jumps : 15 -17
    Push-Up Jacks : 15 - 17
    Low Plank Oblique : 33 - 56

Keep in mind that posture matters SO MUCH. Who cares if you got a higher count; if you didn't even do them correctly.. I'll be sure to remember this next time! (:

Edit: Congrats on your fit tests, ladies! Can't wait to see how everyone else does too. :D