Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A girl I went to school with was named Mandy...her sister was Tandy and their brother Kermit. We have a little Spanish girl named Asia not a weird name just weird that she isn't even Asian lol
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i do like a few crazy names, and some more unusual ones, but some of the blatantly made up ones, or "yoonique" spellings of normal names, are just chavvy
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hipolito
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I went to high school with an Elektra Star! I work with a guy whose sons are named Loche (pronounced lock) and Gray. We also have a student named Ding Ding who Chinese.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I knew someone whose name was Pinky!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has a nephew named Jasper. A co-worker recently named their son Clyde. I realize these names aren't that "out there" but all I can think is poor kids. Thank goodness you can change your name when you grow up. I've always hated my first name and I plan to drop it when I get married.

Hey! I love the name Jasper and if we have a boy in the future there's a good chance he'll be named Jasper.

I've known a Blessing and a Radiance. There's a brother and sister I know named Gucci (sister) and Armani (brother).

Oh I just remembered. . .We had a waiter once who introduced himself as Chicago. We asked if that was a nickname and he said no, his parents figured if people could name their kids Dallas or Savannah, they could name him Chicago. Somehow it seemed to fit him.
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A Hawaiian couple named their child Talula Does The Hula, seriously.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7522952.stm

I heard about this too. The couple was actually from New Zealand, and came to Hawaii on vacation and liked the name.
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have highly disliked the name Neveah cause of 16 and pregnant. Didn't realize that name was so common until I heard it on there. I bet the show Teen Mom has ruined a lot of names.

Funny that you bring this up. I read an article that reported a decrease in popularity in a lot of the names on 16 and pregnant, but a significant increase in the name Maci and Bentley because she's such a well liked character on the show.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I met someone named extrafine once, yes extra fine. Interestingly she wasn't, I guess people don't always grow to fit their names. oh and there is a movie star who's kids name is I am pretty sure pilot inspector.

Pen Gillette named his little girl Moxy Crimefighter. I kind of love that one. :)

And, of course, Nicholas Cage named his son Kal El (Superman's Kryptonian name, for the non-geeks).

I love the name Kalel! That is going to be my little boys name. It also means "Best Friend" in Hebrew. I don;t think it;s strange at all!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Here are some odd ones I remember

Misty Gale (maybe her parents were sailors)

Ahyme (prounounced Amy~which was how she spelled it. She legally changed the spelling to Amy when she turned 18. In all honesty as a fellow Amy born in GA, during the 70's I thought her parents came up with a good way to make a very common stand out)

**** Skinner (US Marine Corps recruiter, I really, really wanted to see him make the rank of Major)
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I met someone named extrafine once, yes extra fine. Interestingly she wasn't, I guess people don't always grow to fit their names. oh and there is a movie star who's kids name is I am pretty sure pilot inspector.

Pen Gillette named his little girl Moxy Crimefighter. I kind of love that one. :)

And, of course, Nicholas Cage named his son Kal El (Superman's Kryptonian name, for the non-geeks).

HAHAHA .... my bf said if we ever have a son his name would be Kal El .. or Raiden... yupppp lol!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My sister in law is Heaven Leigh.
    My mother in law is Lotus, and her sister Ginger.
    Yet they all get mad when we named our daughter Freedom.

I have weird-named kids for where I live.
    Ehren Brye and Freedom Reilly.

Ehren, no one can say it, but sounds like Aaron. Brye, no one gets that either. It's like Rye, but with a B.
    And Reilly. I went with the real, male Irish spelling. Yes, she's a girl, but there are plenty little boys with girl spellings lol

My father inlaw's step father was named Adolf. I think it's a pretty common German name.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Names we had considered

Nico Chevelle
    Jade Ibanez
    Rhayne Beau

some combination of Agustus and Phineaus.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Well, my name is Ashee, and that's not particularly normal. I've met a man named Ding :) haha. Oh, and my boyfriend swears if we ever have quadruplets, their names shall be Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence King...after the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. I told him he's an idiot. If I was the most gorgeous girl in the world, I would still feel hideous if my name was Pestilence King.lol.

The guy who sprays our house for bugs is named Dink
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy named "Han Job."

He pronounced hit "hawn jobe."

We didn't.

My ex used to work with a Sgt Slutz. She swears it was pronounced "slootz"
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    A girl from my freshman year of college was named Jacqueline Danielle. While it is a pretty name, she's named after Jack Daniel's by her alcoholic parents lol...
  • Mrs88hurst
    Mrs88hurst Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    While my sister was in the hospital almost 22 years ago in Kansas city, a lady was having twins which were her 5th & 6th child that she named Twin A & Twin B. While my daughter was in 1st grade there was a boy names Phuc, many of the kids were not nice with the different jokes for his name. I knew a guy that came into my work whose name was **** Bangasser. There are many more, I believe in unique names but some are just too far out there. Lol!
  • WhitneyFMills
    Options
    Oh man, I can't remember where I read it, but there was a woman named....ready for it, get ready...... Gay Ho. No kidding. What a cruel cruel joke her parents made on her!
  • WhitneyFMills
    Options
    While my sister was in the hospital almost 22 years ago in Kansas city, a lady was having twins which were her 5th & 6th child that she named Twin A & Twin B. While my daughter was in 1st grade there was a boy names Phuc, many of the kids were not nice with the different jokes for his name. I knew a guy that came into my work whose name was **** Bangasser. There are many more, I believe in unique names but some are just too far out there. Lol!

I knew a Phuc once. pronounced Fook, not...well you know.
  • WhitneyFMills
    Options
    I went to school with twins, Jesus Jerad ____ and Jesus Reshad _____. ( ____ because I cant remember the last names). Same first name! WTF?