Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Options

Replies

• kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love to join you but will be a few days behind as well, I will be starting on the 7th I think. :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    what's the different between the shred and the rip workout?

It's more intense, although it has the same formula, I believe it is meant to follow on from the shred.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Hi! Would love to join you but will be a few days behind as well, I will be starting on the 7th I think. :)

Cool, the more the merrier!
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'll join :D I was planning to start it on Monday anyway so having a group of people who are doing it alongside me will be brilliant.
    Hopefully because you change the workout every week I won't get bored with it like I did with 30 day shred.
    I'm also going to try and go to the gym, continue with c25k and get some swimming in there too.

Afterwards i'm planning on restarting Insanity because hopefully by then i'll be in better shape and able to do pushups.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I want in! :) I am finishing another Jillian Michael's challenge this week and need another great challenge to keep me on track.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a set of things (!) to measure? I only did bust, waist and hips for the 30DS and wished I taken more. And another thing ... I've seen people giving measurements for waist and belly button separately. Aren't they in the same place? Have I misunderstood this all mylife? :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I'll join :D I was planning to start it on Monday anyway so having a group of people who are doing it alongside me will be brilliant.
    Hopefully because you change the workout every week I won't get bored with it like I did with 30 day shred.
    I'm also going to try and go to the gym, continue with c25k and get some swimming in there too.

Afterwards i'm planning on restarting Insanity because hopefully by then i'll be in better shape and able to do pushups.

I think changing levels weekly will keep it fresh and challeinging!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I want in! :) I am finishing another Jillian Michael's challenge this week and need another great challenge to keep me on track.

Fab, welcome on board the RIpped in 30 train!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a set of things (!) to measure? I only did bust, waist and hips for the 30DS and wished I taken more. And another thing ... I've seen people giving measurements for waist and belly button separately. Aren't they in the same place? Have I misunderstood this all mylife? :laugh:

The waist is the narrowest part...which for many, including me is not around the belly button!!

How about adding thighs, calfs and arms? At widest point.
  • meme101101
    Options
    I would like to join, however I began RI30 last week so on August 1st I will be going on to week 2.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I would like to join, however I began RI30 last week so on August 1st I will be going on to week 2.

Join us anyway, it's good to have the support!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

The waist is the narrowest part...which for many, including me is not around the belly button!!

Oh no! I'm weird in a way I never even knew about before! :laugh:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I need to get back into doing something other than cardio, and def need the support! Bring it on Jillian!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    So, tommorow we start, woo hoo!!

Looking forward to hearing how we all get along on our first day :happy:
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm in- I need to do a lot of walking to train for the MS Challenge Walk, but I'd like to do RI 30 like 3 times a week at least. I just need the muscle building!
  • SilverRoses42
    SilverRoses42 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Definitely joining!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 1 Week 1 done!!:bigsmile:

Wasn't too bad, the worst bit was the sitting down with side arm raises, tough one that!! Didn't sweat as much as I did when i first started the shred....but i'm sure that will happen when the levels/weeks move on.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping into after work its only 2pm now. The dvd was supposed to arrive today so even if its not there I'll find it online and do it. How long was the complete workout?? Are you going to take a rest day?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I'm jumping into after work its only 2pm now. The dvd was supposed to arrive today so even if its not there I'll find it online and do it. How long was the complete workout?? Are you going to take a rest day?

It's nearly 11pm here in London!!

Errm, not sure actually as went onto do some zumba straight after, so didn't do her cool down/stretches...i think about 25 minutes upto that point.

Yes will take a rest day on sunday. Was going to do it 5 times a week, but i seem to have become addicted to working out so probably will do 6 times a week, will get better results as well!

Hope your dvd arrives soon!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Oh go on then! I don't want to feel left out. :laugh:

Only trouble is, I'm trying to get it now through utorrent, but so far I have downloaded 0.3%, and it says it will be ready for playback in 2 days and 19 hours ... I think I may have an issue!

Think I have to give up now, but will try again in the morning.