Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Options

Replies

• gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    day 4 done of level 1. i kept going with my 3.5kg/7.7lb weights and got thru it all - just. hardest part was those side lunges with raises. think i'll maybe go back to my 2kg/4.4lb weights for those tomorrow coz my form was probably terrible! surprised i could do the chair pose and fly raise thingies. definitely feel my arms getting bigger which i'm liking.

just 2 more days of level 1 then jillian will no doubt step it up another gear for us!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Day 4 week 1, level 1 done!!:bigsmile:

Tried it with 5.5 lb weights for half the time, wasn't too bad although arms were burning by the end!! Problem is they are the big weight training weights, not the little hand weights, kept thinking i'd knock myself out!

Have a happy, lucky weekend everyone!!:happy:

Yes, hahaha, mine are the big ones too. It gets a bit tricky sometimes.

I doubt I'm any stronger than the rest of you; it's just that I like to feel that I've worked really hard. Must have maochistic tendencies!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    day 4 done of level 1. i kept going with my 3.5kg/7.7lb weights and got thru it all - just. hardest part was those side lunges with raises. think i'll maybe go back to my 2kg/4.4lb weights for those tomorrow coz my form was probably terrible! surprised i could do the chair pose and fly raise thingies. definitely feel my arms getting bigger which i'm liking.

just 2 more days of level 1 then jillian will no doubt step it up another gear for us!

How many days are you doing on each level?

Did you take any before and after pics from the 30DS? Let's have a look then....
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 4 week 1, level 1 done!!:bigsmile:

Tried it with 5.5 lb weights for half the time, wasn't too bad although arms were burning by the end!! Problem is they are the big weight training weights, not the little hand weights, kept thinking i'd knock myself out!

Have a happy, lucky weekend everyone!!:happy:

Yes, hahaha, mine are the big ones too. It gets a bit tricky sometimes.

I doubt I'm any stronger than the rest of you; it's just that I like to feel that I've worked really hard. Must have maochistic tendencies!

You just want to be Shelley, come on own up, you do don't you?!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Done!! I am doing Day 5 tomorrow!! I think I will do 5 days on each level. What is everyone else doing?
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done for me as well! I think I might switch back to ligher weights for the side lunges as well, b/c i know my form isn't as good as it should be.. I work nights, so I'm hoping to get up tomorrow afternoon in time to get it in quick before going out with my friend..
    Rach- I'm aiming for 6x/wk, but for this one I may end up with 5..
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I'm having trouble with the maths here, which was never my strongest subject.

If I do 6 days a week, that's 24 days, which isn't 30 days. So do I include 4 rest days? If so, that makes 28, which still isn't 30. Or do I do 7 days a week and add 4 rest days, making it 32? OR, I could add 2 rest days per week ... Reminds me of one of those stupid maths exam questions (If 6 men eat 22 bananas each, how long will it take etc etc). :huh:

Hmm. Fear I may be taking the number 30 rather too literally.

Think perhaps I should just go and get on with today's session with the lovely Jillian and co.

Yes, skinnyinnotime, you have somehow worked out my innermost desires; I want to be Shelley. Thunderbirds always was my favourite programme as a child. :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 5 done. Much more difficult for me first thing in the morning.

Now for some cardio, then off to sit outside in the rain for 10 hours. :ohwell:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 5 done. Much more difficult for me first thing in the morning.

Now for some cardio, then off to sit outside in the rain for 10 hours. :ohwell:

(Sorry people, not sure why you got this twice. Couldn't work out how to delete.)
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 4 Done!! I am doing Day 5 tomorrow!! I think I will do 5 days on each level. What is everyone else doing?

I'm aiming for 5, if i get to do 6 then great, but i'm happy with 5.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

If I do 6 days a week, that's 24 days, which isn't 30 days. So do I include 4 rest days? If so, that makes 28, which still isn't 30. Or do I do 7 days a week and add 4 rest days, making it 32? OR, I could add 2 rest days per week ... Reminds me of one of those stupid maths exam questions (If 6 men eat 22 bananas each, how long will it take etc etc). :huh:

Think perhaps I should just go and get on with today's session with the lovely Jillian and co.

Yes, skinnyinnotime, you have somehow worked out my innermost desires; I want to be Shelley. Thunderbirds always was my favourite programme as a child. :laugh:

Hmm, yeh maybe it just wouldn't have sounded right calling it 'Ripped in 28' ??!

You could always do an extra 2 days just to even it up if the maths are upsetting you, lol!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    That's it day 5, level 1 done!

Think i'll take a rest day tomorrow, so level 2 will begin on monday!!
  • gd50cent
    Options

Did you take any before and after pics from the 30DS? Let's have a look then....

yes i took before and after pics when doing the 30DS. they're out there somewhere - think they're on the thread called 'the ultimate before and after 30 day shred thread'. had a quick look and they were posted on the 26th july, think they're on page 10.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

yes i took before and after pics when doing the 30DS. they're out there somewhere - think they're on the thread called 'the ultimate before and after 30 day shred thread'. had a quick look and they were posted on the 26th july, think they're on page 10.

Ah yes, of course you did, I remember now, you look great.....sorry my memory is awful!
  • gd50cent
    Options

think i'm going with 6 days a week with 1 rest day each week, for 4 weeks - which will take me to the 28th august. will then go back and do level 1 again, like i did with 30DS, just to see if its an easier after completing the whole thing. so that would be 25 workouts. would probably then take a 2 day break before starting something new on 1st september. thats what i'm thinking for now anyway! but who knows what will happen between now and then! :happy:
  • gd50cent
    Options

Ah yes, of course you did, I remember now, you look great.....sorry my memory is awful!

were u on the booze last nite? :wink:
  • gd50cent
    Options
    so day 5 done for me. decided to make it a bit harder so instead of holding the plank pose for 30secs i done the plank twist move from the end of level 2 of 30DS. also used weights for the squat and punch cardio move and also for the butt kicks, like level 3 of 30DS. squeezed an extra ab move or 2 in as well. 1 more day of level 1 and then its time for level 2. feel ready for it but i'm guessing i wont be squeezing any extra moves or weights in for that! :bigsmile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    That's it day 5, level 1 done!

Think i'll take a rest day tomorrow, so level 2 will begin on monday!!

Me too. Not that I'm copying, you understand.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    so day 5 done for me. decided to make it a bit harder so instead of holding the plank pose for 30secs i done the plank twist move from the end of level 2 of 30DS. also used weights for the squat and punch cardio move and also for the butt kicks, like level 3 of 30DS. squeezed an extra ab move or 2 in as well. 1 more day of level 1 and then its time for level 2. feel ready for it but i'm guessing i wont be squeezing any extra moves or weights in for that! :bigsmile:

Ooooooooooooooh! Fancy!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Ooooooooooooooh! Fancy!

I think he's telling us it's too easy for him....show off!!:wink: