Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Anyone else noticed Jillian misses out the 2nd load of arm lifts whilst squatting?

Yeah! But i'm not dedicated enough to pause the dvd and add it myself. Maybe at the end of the week!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Day 1 of Week 4 complete. FYI, be prepared to sweat!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Had my rest day yesterday, and this morning my muscles are aching (particularly biceps and thighs). I don't know what that says, but it must mean that something is happening!

HOWEVER, I measured myself this morning, and although my bust and hips are getting a bit smaller, my waist has been exactly the same for weeks and weeks. My partner says "well you are in your 50s, it's only to be expected" (i.e. i've got middle-aged spread, I reckon), but it is really annoying me.

Well, I'll keep on with it, I suppose, and console myself with how fit i am becoming.
  • Jenlwb
    Halfway thru week 3, rest day tomorrow. My knee joints are feeling it! I too am not really noticing much effect round the midsection (which of course if where i wanted it to go from), but my shoulders are looking good. One place I know i've lost inches- my bra feels a bit empty! The ONE place I can't afford to lose!!! Dammit.
  • armaretta
    I feel ya gals! I'm shrinking in the one place I don't want to and not so much where I do! That pesky midsection will be the death of me! I saw another thread about someone doing a 30DS and Ri30 hybrid, just doing a different week's exercise everyday. Maybe that could shake things up a bit.
  • Jenlwb
    Armaretta, I saw that hybrid thingie too, looks good. I might try that for maintenance after RI30, mix up weeks 1 to 4. I don't have 30DS, but I'm getting Wii Zumba for my birthday and I'd like to try some more weights too, so a bit of variety might help me NOT lose interest in the long run! I'm not sure daily-Jillian is a good idea long term, she's pretty hard on the joints (for me anyway!)
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 1, level 4 done. I rather enjoyed it actually. Does that mean I am strange? There were a couple of things I couldn't do properly, but hopefully they will get easier. I loved the hypnosis thing at the end too. :bigsmile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Armaretta, I saw that hybrid thingie too, looks good. I might try that for maintenance after RI30, mix up weeks 1 to 4. I don't have 30DS, but I'm getting Wii Zumba for my birthday and I'd like to try some more weights too, so a bit of variety might help me NOT lose interest in the long run! I'm not sure daily-Jillian is a good idea long term, she's pretty hard on the joints (for me anyway!)

I agree, my knees ache with all these moves, never had knee aches before!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    A day later than planned but finally, day 5 of level 3 done.

Can't say i'm impressed with my mid section either, although there is a difference, I can see some signs of muscle, (if i squint and look in a certain light lol) and the jelly belly is definately firmer...could there yet be hope of banishing this jel' bel'??!!

Maggie don't listen to your partner, mid life spread pfft...how old is Madonna? Exactly! No mid sections probs on her eh!!?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 1, level 4 done. I rather enjoyed it actually. Does that mean I am strange? There were a couple of things I couldn't do properly, but hopefully they will get easier. I loved the hypnosis thing at the end too. :bigsmile:

Hypnosis?? Is that how we believe we're Ripped? lol!
  • armaretta

I'm actually going to be trying zumba for the first time this Tuesday! I'm not even moderately coordinated, so maybe i won't hurt myself trying :laugh:

Jillian's workouts make my knees ache a bit too. All that hopping probably. But I must shed these last 10 lbs! I'm actually starting to see some definition in my upper abdomen, but alas, the lower abdomen looks like a roll of jelly. Maybe some of it is loose skin too? I can actually feel the definition of different muscles under the skin, but there's just too much stuff covering them up!
  • MissMaggie3

I'm actually going to be trying zumba for the first time this Tuesday! I'm not even moderately coordinated, so maybe i won't hurt myself trying :laugh:

Jillian's workouts make my knees ache a bit too. All that hopping probably. But I must shed these last 10 lbs! I'm actually starting to see some definition in my upper abdomen, but alas, the lower abdomen looks like a roll of jelly. Maybe some of it is loose skin too? I can actually feel the definition of different muscles under the skin, but there's just too much stuff covering them up!

Yep, I've got the wii zumba, but haven't used it since I met Jillian.Must go back to it for a bit when I finish Ripped. It is good fun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I'm concerned about the skin issue as it's dawning on me that I do have a fair bit; you are young, so I'm sure yours will tighten up, but for someone of my age, I'm not so sure. I read somewhere here that protein helps, so I'm trying my best to keep my levels relatively high. Don't know if that's true though, lol!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    I am gonna do a week of mixed Jillian Michaels videos. Then next week finish up week 4 of Ripped. I am then gonna take a break from Jillian but I do want that new buns and thighs video. Next month TurboJam!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 1 of level 4 done. Well, it was bloody tough and then some, soooo sweaty and my poor old knees, ouch!!

What's everyone planning after Ripped?

I really wanted to do something like Insanity but don't know if I could hack it, I'm sure something like this would help burn the belly fat.

Good luck with Turbo Jam rach, i've seen bit of Turbo Fire and it looks good.
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 1 of level 4 done. Well, it was bloody tough and then some, soooo sweaty and my poor old knees, ouch!!

I really wanted to do something like Insanity but don't know if I could hack it, I'm sure something like this would help burn the belly fat.

Day 2 level 4 done. I've had a sharp pain in my lower abdomen on the left while doing level 4 both times (but not at other times), and I started to wonder if I'd done something awful like caused myself a hernia. Hopefully just a pulled muscle. It may help you to know that I am a bit of a hypochondriac, lol!

I've ordered 6W6P and another called Burn fat Boost Metabolism, but I could be tempted in a different direction. I don't know anything about Insanity; can you tell me more?
  • armaretta
    Week 4 day 2 down. I took yesterday to rest after tweeking my shoulder funny after the supermans.

I haven't decided what to do after this week yet. I can't even decided what to have for dinner! I might try the 30DS Ri30 hybrid. I must get rid of these dang last 10 lbs!
  • skinnyinnotime

Day 2 level 4 done. I've had a sharp pain in my lower abdomen on the left while doing level 4 both times (but not at other times), and I started to wonder if I'd done something awful like caused myself a hernia. Hopefully just a pulled muscle. It may help you to know that I am a bit of a hypochondriac, lol!

I've ordered 6W6P and another called Burn fat Boost Metabolism, but I could be tempted in a different direction. I don't know anything about Insanity; can you tell me more?

Insanity is a high intense interval training program, 8 weeks long, by Shaun T. It's quite pricey though, would really have to do it if i spent that much on it!! Unless I could upload it, hmm...

Have a look on youtube, there's a fit test that comes with it, if you search that you'll get a taste of what it's like.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    I can't dance so Turbo Jam is out. I heard someone mention 6week6pack. I think that'll be a nice intense work out that would be great to follow up on. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is Fantastic!! I am doing that video today its like almost an hour long but its a great workout. That one and No More Trouble Zones.
  • MissMaggie3

Insanity is a high intense interval training program, 8 weeks long, by Shaun T. It's quite pricey though, would really have to do it if i spent that much on it!! Unless I could upload it, hmm...

Have a look on youtube, there's a fit test that comes with it, if you search that you'll get a taste of what it's like.

Just had a peep at the fit test; alas, far too much impact for me - I have serious feet issues, to the point where I've been advised not to walk too much (hence a lot of time on the bike), so all that jumping around on the feet would be a big no-no for me. That's my get-out anyway! :laugh:
  • MissMaggie3
    I can't dance so Turbo Jam is out. I heard someone mention 6week6pack. I think that'll be a nice intense work out that would be great to follow up on. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is Fantastic!! I am doing that video today its like almost an hour long but its a great workout. That one and No More Trouble Zones.

Oh, very glad to hear you like 'Banish'; I'll look forward to that. An hour is OK, as I generally do something else after JM anyway.
This discussion has been closed.