Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Options

Replies

• iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Did day 4 of Week 1 today..one more day and then it's on to Week 2!!
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I start Monday. Im so excited. I hope you all are doing well with it
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options

Welcome, AlexJourneyHall; I think we're all doing OK. It will be good to have you alongside us on Monday. :smile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Did day 4 of Week 1 today..one more day and then it's on to Week 2!!

Week 2 already! It seems to have come around fast. I think I prefer having these 4 levels to the 3 in the 30DS - makes it a bit more interesting. And for those difficult exercises, you can always console yourself with 'only another 4 days or whatever, instead of 'oh no - another 9 days !!!'
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Welcome on board the Ripped journey!!

We're doing fab and looking forward to level 2 :bigsmile:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I took a day off after day 3, now i'm back in business, for days 4, 5 & 6, then another day off before week 2! 3 on 1 off seems to work for me and my aching bones/strained muscles. I really noticed a difference on the cardio today, lots easier on day 4, but still can't do push-ups on my toes, always drop back to the knees! Using 2kg for most of it now, only wimping out to 1kg on the side lunges and the lifting to the side- but i'm getting there! And burning about 400 cals a go- my heart rate is insane, was up to 200 at one point.

Glad to know u guys are at it too!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    I took a day off after day 3, now i'm back in business, for days 4, 5 & 6, then another day off before week 2! 3 on 1 off seems to work for me and my aching bones/strained muscles. I really noticed a difference on the cardio today, lots easier on day 4, but still can't do push-ups on my toes, always drop back to the knees! Using 2kg for most of it now, only wimping out to 1kg on the side lunges and the lifting to the side- but i'm getting there! And burning about 400 cals a go- my heart rate is insane, was up to 200 at one point.

Glad to know u guys are at it too!

400 calories??!! I'm soooo jealous!

Push-ups are a nightmare for me too, by the way,
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! On to Level 2 tomorrow!

I still do the pushups on my knees as well, just can't get the arm strength yet.. today i switched to 3lbs for the side lunges, but otherwise used the 5lbs.. i def noticed a difference with the chest flys today.. excited to see what's up next!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Okay I have logged today's workout but won't get to it until I get off work later. So everyone who has started Level 2 can you give some feedback so I know what to expect? I am looking forward to it hope its not too hard though.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    OK. Day 1 of Week 2 done. I'm sorry to report that I found it much more difficult than Week 1.

I could NOT do the 2nd set of mountain climbers (arms hurt too much). :noway:

And there is a strange twisty body thing that I didn't really get at all.

BUT at least I got a good workout. :bigsmile:

P.S. All done with lightest weights, btw.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Day 1 level 2 done.....and so am I!!!! It. Is. Hard.

Only sheer stubborness got me through, I was actually grunting at some points lol! My arms got shakey and I am sure i sweated more than I ever have in my life.

I have no idea how i will get through level 3 & 4 if this is what level 2 is like.:grumble:

Don't mean to scare you rach, but at least you have been warned so you can be prepared!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    OK. Day 1 of Week 2 done. I'm sorry to report that I found it much more difficult than Week 1.

Thank goodness it wasn't just me, phew! I did do half with the heavier weights, couldn't do the plank ones as they were rolling away and had to use the smaller hand weights and I thought i was going to smack my head in with the hold over the head so I just used the one heavier weight.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Thank goodness it wasn't just me, phew! I did do half with the heavier weights, couldn't do the plank ones as they were rolling away and had to use the smaller hand weights and I thought i was going to smack my head in with the hold over the head so I just used the one heavier weight.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • emyjane84
    Options
    Still no Ri30 dvd as of yet. Really annoying and frustrating but oh well. Today is the last day of my recovery week. I'm gonna own the days coming with the shred again. It is a setback but like they say, it wouldn't be a journey if there wasn't any setbacks. So, I'm gonna roll with the punches. ^^
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Still no Ri30 dvd as of yet. Really annoying and frustrating but oh well. Today is the last day of my recovery week. I'm gonna own the days coming with the shred again. It is a setback but like they say, it wouldn't be a journey if there wasn't any setbacks. So, I'm gonna roll with the punches. ^^

If you want to prepare for RI30- push ups! and lots of em.

I'm doing day 6 of week 1 today, then 1 rest day before week 2, and now you've all scared me off week 2! I had a quick fast forward thru to see, all i cans say is, i hope it's not so bad at normal speed...!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Week 2... WOW intense... i also used smaller weights (3lbs) and wasn't able to do all the tricep/squat things at the end.. i struggled with the mountain climbers as well, and those pushups with the knee... the one thing i actually did alright with was those renegade rows lol.. really hoping to see some improvement next time! will prob be sticking with the lighter weights this time..
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    OH mY gosh!!! Wow anyone feeling it in the legs and arms after day one of level 2? I only use 3 lb weights but it was a killer!!!
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    OH mY gosh!!! Wow anyone feeling it in the legs and arms after day one of level 2? I only use 3 lb weights but it was a killer!!!

in 24 hours i'll get back to you and let u know! I'll heed your warning and stick to my 1kg weights. I'm scared....!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Yeah, my triceps are hurting a bit. Legs OK though.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Day 2 of week 2 just finsihed. Take heart people - I found it bit easier this time. I even used 3kg weights for some of it. Still difficult obviously; just not AS difficult! :smile: