Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Week 2, day 5 over and done with. Tomorrow will be my rest day as I'm going away for the weekend.

Anyone noticing any physical changes yet? (Don't think I can - just wondering)
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    so i managed to get my 2nd workout of the day done. thats day 4 of level 2 and i'm back to where i would have been if i had've not taken a day off earlier in the week.

and an added bonus i weighed myself and have lost another 2lb so am now just 1 little lb away from where i want to be. *smileyface* x10

enjoy ur weekend maggie. in terms of changes the thing i noticed most since starting RI30 was my arms - biceps and triceps both feel bigger. although some of that will be coz i got bigger weights than what i was using for 30DS. the tricep work in week 1 seemed to pump them up loads and the damn crow pushups must be doing something too coz they kill me. can only manage 1 set of proper ones then have to go to my knees. killer move that one!! 30DS really got things kicked off for me though. really shrunk my whole core area. that'll be all the plank stuff! lol
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Anyone noticing any physical changes yet? (Don't think I can - just wondering)

Maggie, slightly in my shoulders, they're starting to define, but not around my waist/stomach yet..... and not lost weight either, but that may be due to the fat to muscle conversion, and that's what i'm aiming for. I'm gonna stick it out regardless and not worry till the end.

Keep pushing, everyone!
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    GD, 2 JM workouts in a day?? (bowing down to you). Sheesh ... I'm dripping sweat during the work outs and afterwards my arms feel like jelly!! Tomorrow I have to try to do 2 as well. I'm going to skip WiiActive 2, and go for her workouts instead ... we'll see how that goes!!

Crow Planks or whatever those things are called are just impossible for me!! I'm a girl of 224, and there is no way my poor little wrists can handle that kind of weight!! ROFL! So I just do pushups the best I can. I'm finding that my arms and upper back are sore these past two days, and I'm sure it's from JM!! LOL

I'm starting to become afraid of week 3, and I'm not even there yet!! Maybe I should have started with the 30DS? Either way, I'm going to push myself through this best I can, and take it from there. So far, I've gained 2 pounds and haven't lost anything yet, but I also went from couch potato to workout fiend! I really love the energy it gives me, and the great feeling I have afterward!

Gotta stay this motivated throughout school. It's my last semester of nursing school, and I'm a full time student ... so my schedule gets crazy tough between my clinicals, and the kids after school activities. I'm just going to have to learn to be a morning person. Right now it's taking me about 2 hours to get up and get moving. I'm such a bum in the mornings! :(
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    whoooohoooooo! goal weight alert!!!!!

off work today so got up and done my workout early. worked really hard and it was sweat city. jumped on the scales afterwards and i made my goal weight!!!! so happy!!

out tonite for dinner and drinks for the wifes birthday so think i'll make it a double celebration. cant even remember the last time i weighed 12st/168lbs. easily over 10 years. in reality probably near 15 years. maybe even more!

feels bl00dy great!!

smiley face x 1000
  • Jenlwb
    Well done dude! Many pats on the back. and enjoy your celebration, you deserve it xx
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    whoooohoooooo! goal weight alert!!!!!

off work today so got up and done my workout early. worked really hard and it was sweat city. jumped on the scales afterwards and i made my goal weight!!!! so happy!!

out tonite for dinner and drinks for the wifes birthday so think i'll make it a double celebration. cant even remember the last time i weighed 12st/168lbs. easily over 10 years. in reality probably near 15 years. maybe even more!

feels bl00dy great!!

smiley face x 1000

That's brilliant news, well done mate!!! Definately double celebration!!

Twice in one day eh, wey hey!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 5 level 2 done!!

Can't believe it's half way through already....level 3 here we come!!
  • MissMaggie3
    Had a day with no exercise yesterday, and felt very odd. Was relly glad to meet up with Jillian & co again this evening to do day 6 of week 2. Can't say I feel so positive about week 3 though; we'll see what it brings, eh?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Had a day with no exercise yesterday, and felt very odd. Was relly glad to meet up with Jillian & co again this evening to do day 6 of week 2. Can't say I feel so positive about week 3 though; we'll see what it brings, eh?

Yeah same here, supposed to be a rest day but just had to do something, so did some bodyrock.tv all I can say is Zuzana is mad, I mean intense lol! No wonder she looks like she does!!

Level 3 tomorrow, eeeek!!
  • Doesn't look like I'll be able to do Ri30 this month. My friend had to send me the dvd again in the post. Still waiting. >>; So for sure next month. Hopefully. Everyone's doing really well! ^^
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    I punked out this last week and only did 4 days. Week 1 I did 5. I lost 3 pds week 1 and this week only lost 1. I just didnt have any energy after working SF Outlands Music Festival. Week 3 I am scared but I plan on doing 5 straight days no rest! I will let you know how it goes. Anyone finish Day 1 yet? :huh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 1 level 3 done!!

Didn't find it as hard as level 2 although she's got some stuff which made my knees ache, some weird crouching stuff and monkey crawling??! Get ready for more plank cardio too!!

Remember "You won't die" lol!!
  • Jenlwb
    MORE plank cardio?!?!?! How is that possible? That woman is evil...
  • rachrach66
    Those planks are killer but I feel thigh muscles gettin tighter so it must be working!!
  • rachrach66
    Day 1 level 3 done!!

Didn't find it as hard as level 2 although she's got some stuff which made my knees ache, some weird crouching stuff and monkey crawling??! Get ready for more plank cardio too!!

Crouching and Monkey Crawling?? :noway: :huh: Oh dear!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    oooo, how did I not find this thread earlier? I finished 1 1/2 rounds of power 90 and needed some change, so I started Ripped about three weeks ago. I had some inconsistencies in week two because of schedules and stuff, so to make up for it and punish myself so I would feel better, I did an extra week of week 2 (masochistic, I know). I started week three Saturday. I find it a little easier overall, but a little tougher on the quads than the last two were.

I measured to see my progress and I've lost about 5 inches overall and 2 or 3 pounds. It's really done wonders on toning my arms and working my glutes! This was my first Jillian experience. I like it a lot, and I'm starting to understand my friend's girl crush on her, Lol. I liked it so much, I bought two more of her dvds. I got yoga meldown and 6 wk 6 pk. Anyone tried any of those?
  • skinnyinnotime
    oooo, how did I not find this thread earlier? I finished 1 1/2 rounds of power 90 and needed some change, so I started Ripped about three weeks ago. I had some inconsistencies in week two because of schedules and stuff, so to make up for it and punish myself so I would feel better, I did an extra week of week 2 (masochistic, I know). I started week three Saturday. I find it a little easier overall, but a little tougher on the quads than the last two were.

I measured to see my progress and I've lost about 5 inches overall and 2 or 3 pounds. It's really done wonders on toning my arms and working my glutes! This was my first Jillian experience. I like it a lot, and I'm starting to understand my friend's girl crush on her, Lol. I liked it so much, I bought two more of her dvds. I got yoga meldown and 6 wk 6 pk. Anyone tried any of those?

Hi and welcome!!:happy:

An extra week of week 2??? Good grief, now that is some self punishment lol!

I got 6week 6 pack when i first tried it I found it difficult and it made my back ache.....but after doing Ripped for 2 weeks I tried it again tonight and found it so much easier.

YAY the smileys are workin again:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 1 level 3 done!!

Ditto. Not as hard as level 2, but a couple of things I couldn't do like the monkey crawling and I got stuck on the hops at the end too. But I thought it was quite interesting, if that word can be used in this context!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member

Hi and welcome!!:happy:

An extra week of week 2??? Good grief, now that is some self punishment lol!

I got 6week 6 pack when i first tried it I found it difficult and it made my back ache.....but after doing Ripped for 2 weeks I tried it again tonight and found it so much easier.

YAY the smileys are workin again:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm thinking about doing a 2nd round of ripped after this one or doing a 6wk 6pk/yoga meltdown combo. I'm down to my last 10-15 lbs to lose, and it's a struggle, but I'm trying to push through.

anyone else hate the duckwalks?
This discussion has been closed.