Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Getting ready to start Week 2 Day 3 today sometime! I already did an hour of Wii Active 2 9 week challenge, so I save the JMs for at night after dinner. Then I take a nice hot shower and either read a book or just relax in bed.

Is this week bothering anyone's wrists?? Maybe b/c I'm really heavy, but it seems like my wrists can't handle my bodyweight anymore. After 3-5 reps of something I'm finding myself taking a break ... ugh.

Also, silly question. Do any of you exercise bare foot??
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Getting ready to start Week 2 Day 3 today sometime! I already did an hour of Wii Active 2 9 week challenge, so I save the JMs for at night after dinner. Then I take a nice hot shower and either read a book or just relax in bed.

Is this week bothering anyone's wrists?? Maybe b/c I'm really heavy, but it seems like my wrists can't handle my bodyweight anymore. After 3-5 reps of something I'm finding myself taking a break ... ugh.

I used to workout barefoot but found myself slipping alot, so I went and bought some trainers just for working out in the house, as we don't wear shoes inside. It's made so much difference, feel so much more stable!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Forgot to add i'm burning just over 290 cals for Ripped.....it was about 220ish for 30ds, that's quite a difference i think, no wonder i'm finding it tough!!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member

No, my wrists are OK, but my poor little arms always struggle to hold up my body (I feel it in the biceps mostly).

I have feet problems generally and can't cope without orthotics, so I have to wear trainers.

Off to do day 4 now.
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    hey everyone. sorry to say i quit!

i finished week 1 on sunday and was due to start week 2 on monday but after a few bad days at the weekend i was feeling rough on monday so took my day off. started week 2 on tuesday but hated it! crow pushups are soo tough! and there were a few moves that i found over complicated. climb up ur own leg? wtf? lol. sad to say i stopped the dvd after 25 mins and hit the treadmill and exercise bike to finish off.

cant put my finger on why i quit but i was just feeling p*ssed off. didnt do anything on wednesday nite. but glad to say i came to my senses today and jumped back in. got thru it all this time and also finished the rest of circuit 3 that i quit on tuesday nite. and it didnt seem as annoying as what i remembered. there were a couple of ab moves that i didnt like/couldnt really do so i just either modified them or done crunches. i guess thats better than quitting!

so with 2 days off already this week it means i have to squeeze 4 more workouts into friday, saturday and sunday. going for back to back workouts tomorrow nite to catch up to where i should be.

kind of annoyed with myself for quitting but at least i came to my senses quickly enough and i'm back on it. feel free to shout at me if i dont update daily anymore!! lol

cant leave without mentioning crow push ups again! lol. obviously being a guy i'm doing the 'proper' version but i cant believe how much harder they are than 'normal' push ups. i daren't even think what level 3 and 4 is gonna be like. but dont let me quit!!!
  • MissMaggie3
    OK. 206 calories to the end of the cooldown only.

Also, I am proud to report no modifications, both sets of mountain climbers, and mostly 3kg weights. Well come on, the Olympics are just around the corner now ... *delerious laugh*.
  • skinnyinnotime

i finished week 1 on sunday and was due to start week 2 on monday but after a few bad days at the weekend i was feeling rough on monday so took my day off. started week 2 on tuesday but hated it! crow pushups are soo tough! and there were a few moves that i found over complicated. climb up ur own leg? wtf? lol. sad to say i stopped the dvd after 25 mins and hit the treadmill and exercise bike to finish off.

cant put my finger on why i quit but i was just feeling p*ssed off. didnt do anything on wednesday nite. but glad to say i came to my senses today and jumped back in. got thru it all this time and also finished the rest of circuit 3 that i quit on tuesday nite. and it didnt seem as annoying as what i remembered. there were a couple of ab moves that i didnt like/couldnt really do so i just either modified them or done crunches. i guess thats better than quitting!

so with 2 days off already this week it means i have to squeeze 4 more workouts into friday, saturday and sunday. going for back to back workouts tomorrow nite to catch up to where i should be.

kind of annoyed with myself for quitting but at least i came to my senses quickly enough and i'm back on it. feel free to shout at me if i dont update daily anymore!! lol

cant leave without mentioning crow push ups again! lol. obviously being a guy i'm doing the 'proper' version but i cant believe how much harder they are than 'normal' push ups. i daren't even think what level 3 and 4 is gonna be like. but dont let me quit!!!

I was wondering what had happened to you...saw you haven't been on here a few days.

Well done for jumping back in!! I get what you went through, i alternate with thoughts of "omg i can't do this" to "FFS it's less than half an hour, just do it" lol!!

OK, we'll keep a closer eye on you!!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    To be fair, week 2 IS a bit weird, all the planks, floor work (even cardio on on the floor!), it's not as balanced as week 1. I'm going to stick it out and hope week 3 is better!
  • MissMaggie3

I was wondering what had happened to you...saw you haven't been on here a few days.

Well done for jumping back in!! I get what you went through, i alternate with thoughts of "omg i can't do this" to "FFS it's less than half an hour, just do it" lol!!

OK, we'll keep a closer eye on you!!!

Yes, I was wondering too. I'm sorry to hear that it got you down, but really pleased to have you back on board. Week 2 is STRANGE anyway. Maybe she was scraping the barrel, trying to find new exercises? Took me ages just to understand some of the moves; I still have to stop and work out how to do the crow push-ups each time! Do stay with it, GD, we miss you when you are not around. :-)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Day 3 of Week 2 done! my wrists def start to get a bit sore during the 2 minute plank cardio section, but mainly i feel it in my arms.. i can make it thru the plank jumps fine but those dang mt. climbers argh! oh and the thrusts i end up modifying as well.. day 4 tomorrow!
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Day 2/Week 1... Done!

My HRM gives me a burn of anywhere between 400-600, depending on how much effort I can put into it. I'm 198 lbs (which is awesome considering my all time highest was 232!!) & cardio really gets me winded, which I'm sure is where I get a lot of my burn from. I usually have to stop to catch my breath at least once each cardio circuit. (I'm outta shape) I do notice, however, that the more fit I become (as the workouts go on) the lower my HRM count gets while following Jillian's workouts. Which is usually when I start increasing weights and pushing harder. It doesn't drop a ton, but it does come down some due to my heart not having to freak out to keep up... ROFL!!! Usually, when it starts reading in the 300's, or lower, I start adding in other exercises through the day. :heart:
  • Jenlwb
    OUCCCHHHHH!!! week 2 day 2 just about killed me. I really had to force myself to do it cos i was really hurting from day 1 AND got period pain. And now I'm on a 12 hour night shift... I'll be glad when this week's over, so sick of PLANKS!! Lots of modifications for me.

Thinking of the results...thinking of the results.....
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 4, level 2 done!!

Finally I didn't find it too tough, yay!!!! Even with my baby adding extra resistance and throwing a bouncy ball at me lol!!

Maybe the rest day helped or i just got used to it, also my cals burnt was lower at 267 whereas previously getting over 290!

So there is hope guys...should be smileys in this post, but they aren't working : D
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 3 of Week 2 done! my wrists def start to get a bit sore during the 2 minute plank cardio section, but mainly i feel it in my arms.. i can make it thru the plank jumps fine but those dang mt. climbers argh! oh and the thrusts i end up modifying as well.. day 4 tomorrow!

I feel it in my shoulders.

Does anyone else have their hands slipping during the cardio planks? I have to shuffle back into place!
  • Jenlwb
    Does anyone else have their hands slipping during the cardio planks? I have to shuffle back into place!

I have trouble here too because i find my hands need to be a bit further forward than just below shoulders, they don't slip cos i have a towel on a yoga mat, but i don't think my position is right! Need a full length gym mirror i guess ;)

I'm sure Jillian won't kill us for a bit of shuffling....?
  • skinnyinnotime

I have trouble here too because i find my hands need to be a bit further forward than just below shoulders, they don't slip cos i have a towel on a yoga mat, but i don't think my position is right! Need a full length gym mirror i guess ;)

I'm sure Jillian won't kill us for a bit of shuffling....?

Yeah i'm always wondering if i'm in the right position! I also put my hands a bit more forward.

Shhh, let's keep it quiet we don't want the wrath of Jillian!!
  • Jenlwb

Well i live in the middle east so i'm hoping she won't knock on my front door, but sometimes she does look like she'll leap out of the telly!
  • skinnyinnotime

Well i live in the middle east so i'm hoping she won't knock on my front door, but sometimes she does look like she'll leap out of the telly!

LMAO!!!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 231 Member
    day 3 of week 2 done. glad to hear people finding some of week 2 strange and that people are modifying some moves. i'm not the only one then!

still 1 day behind where i should be with my extra day off this week so will either go for it again tonite or will do it twice on my day off tomorrow and once on sunday. i said i'd do it 6 times a week so that is what i will do! hopefully.....*smiley face* (what happened to them?!)
  • MissMaggie3
    day 3 of week 2 done. glad to hear people finding some of week 2 strange and that people are modifying some moves. i'm not the only one then!

still 1 day behind where i should be with my extra day off this week so will either go for it again tonite or will do it twice on my day off tomorrow and once on sunday. i said i'd do it 6 times a week so that is what i will do! hopefully.....*smiley face* (what happened to them?!)

BIG smiley face!!!
This discussion has been closed.