Ripped in 30, starting 1st Aug...join me!!?

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Day 2 level 2 done!

Can't say i found it easier, didn't sweat as much because didn't use my heavy weights. I think the lack of sleep last night impacted on my energy levels.

I'm sure we'll work up enough strength in each level to enable us to do the next one as with the shred!!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Day 2 level 2 done!

Can't say i found it easier, didn't sweat as much because didn't use my heavy weights. I think the lack of sleep last night impacted on my energy levels.

I'm sure we'll work up enough strength in each level to enable us to do the next one as with the shred!!

Lack of sleep? Was that because of sirens etc? Are you OK?
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Week 1 Day 2 and I am more sore than when I started, but I still love it.
  • Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Day 3 week 1 completed! I'm wrecked...mind you I did it straight after an hour long Aeroboxing class lol, Gotta get the ball rolling again after my weekend visiting family (lets just say tailgating, baseball games and 2 birthday celebrations put a huge dent in my workout and "diet") but this is a lifestyle change so I'm glad I can enjoy those moments guilt free because I know the rest of the week I'll bust my *kitten*!

Now to shower and curl up with a good book in bed! :-)

Hope everyone's enjoying their week and feeling the burn! lol
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 2 level 2 done!

Lack of sleep? Was that because of sirens etc? Are you OK?

Im fine thank you Maggie....just couldn't settle after watching it all, finally went to sleep gone 4am! Thankfully it calmed down last night, well in London at least.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 3 week 1 completed! I'm wrecked...mind you I did it straight after an hour long Aeroboxing class lol, Gotta get the ball rolling again after my weekend visiting family (lets just say tailgating, baseball games and 2 birthday celebrations put a huge dent in my workout and "diet") but this is a lifestyle change so I'm glad I can enjoy those moments guilt free because I know the rest of the week I'll bust my *kitten*!

Now to shower and curl up with a good book in bed! :-)

Hope everyone's enjoying their week and feeling the burn! lol

Definately feeling the burn in level 2!!! LOL
  • MissMaggie3
    To those of you with HRMs, how low do you get your heart rate atfer you've finished the cooldown before you stop it (the HRM, not the heart, lol)? I suppose I mean how far above your resting heart rate?
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Yesterday was quite a workout plus I did it after doing too Biggest Loser Power walks. One with weights so I was so ready to throw my weights out the window during Ripped in 30 but I didnt!! Today is a rest day but I really wanna just get it out the way so I can relax the whole weekend.
  • Juliane1986

LOL! That's making me look forward to it!! My body was getting too used to the workouts I was (and still am) doing and while i feel the burn during them, I wasn't feeling that sore but oh so satisfying burn the next day anymore and I kind of missed it!! Felt that last night and a little bit today so hopefully I'm switching things up enough by adding in this DVD workout 5-6 days a week to spur on some more positive changes in my body!
  • skinnyinnotime
    To those of you with HRMs, how low do you get your heart rate atfer you've finished the cooldown before you stop it (the HRM, not the heart, lol)? I suppose I mean how far above your resting heart rate?

I don't check the heart rate i just stop the hrm after I do my cooldown.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Yesterday was quite a workout plus I did it after doing too Biggest Loser Power walks. One with weights so I was so ready to throw my weights out the window during Ripped in 30 but I didnt!! Today is a rest day but I really wanna just get it out the way so I can relax the whole weekend.

I find the constant strain on the arms/shoulders so tough with so many different plank exercises, who would have thought so many could exist??!
  • MissMaggie3
    Day 3, week 2 completed. Not too much to say, actually. Possibly slightly easier again? My triceps and .. er ... bottom are suffering somewhat, but in Shelley's words, allegedly, BRING IT! I'm warming to Shelley a bit. Almost hoping to see her again in week 3. :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime

LOL! That's making me look forward to it!! My body was getting too used to the workouts I was (and still am) doing and while i feel the burn during them, I wasn't feeling that sore but oh so satisfying burn the next day anymore and I kind of missed it!! Felt that last night and a little bit today so hopefully I'm switching things up enough by adding in this DVD workout 5-6 days a week to spur on some more positive changes in my body!

I'm sure you'll see those changes sooner than later, Ripped really works it all.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 3 level 2 done....still finding it hard.

Jillian really spurs me on when she says "you're not going to die" lol, so right and makes me get on with it!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Day 3, week 2 completed. Not too much to say, actually. Possibly slightly easier again? My triceps and .. er ... bottom are suffering somewhat, but in Shelley's words, allegedly, BRING IT! I'm warming to Shelley a bit. Almost hoping to see her again in week 3. :wink:

I knew it, you want to be Shelley!!!:tongue:
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Okay... I'm a little late getting started, but I got it done. :bigsmile:

Day 1/Week 1... Done.
    I got a pretty good burn out of it. (wore my HRM) My shoulders are feeling it some. I'm sure I'll feel a little more after waking up in the morning. Have to get hubby up and moving shortly, then I'll score some sleep time myself. I tend to struggle with a little bit of insomnia, so I use exercise at night to wear me out. However, I worry that when I start getting in better shape, that it will start to backfire on me and start giving me energy instead... LOL!! I'll cross that bridge when I get there. :heart:

Congrats everyone for their progress thus far!! YAY!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Good start Shannon! Out of interest what did your HRM say you burned? I think mine is overestimating at 400 cals, unless i'm really unfit! I just finished week 1, it gets easier every day, honest...

I work out in the evening if i need to stay up late- it does tire my body, but seems to wake me up too. Whatever works for you!

Jen
  • MissMaggie3
    Good start Shannon! Out of interest what did your HRM say you burned? I think mine is overestimating at 400 cals, unless i'm really unfit! I just finished week 1, it gets easier every day, honest...

I work out in the evening if i need to stay up late- it does tire my body, but seems to wake me up too. Whatever works for you!

Jen

400 calories???

I'm generally between 200 and 250. Does that mean I'm not working hard enough? Oh heck!

(Smileys not working, or would add a glum face.)
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Heh! I think it means either i'm insanely unfit or my calculations are wrong! I need a new HRM. I work it out from average HR 160 for 30 mins.

On the plus side i just started week 2- that's a lot of planking!! Feeling a bit wobbly but will do it again tomorrow.
  • Juliane1986
    According to my HRM I average between 240-300 calories during Ripped in 30.
This discussion has been closed.